10 What Is The Best 2 Way Radio For Hunting
Updated on: March 2023
What Is The Best 2 Way Radio For Hunting in 2023
Uniden SX507-2CKHS Up to 50 Mile Range FRS Two-Way Radio Walkie Talkies W/Dual Charging Cradle, Waterproof, Floats, 22 Channels, 142 Privacy Codes, NOAA Weather Scan + Alert, Includes 2 Headsets
Retevis RT22 Walkie Talkies FRS Rechargeable UHF 16 CH VOX Emergency Security Outdoor 2 Way Radios with Earpiece 2 Pin Covert Air Acoustic ( 2 Pack)
- CTCSS DCS encode and squelch provide a secure and private call; optimal range give you fluent calls in outdoor activities
- Crystal voice and good reception in its range without any interference or static
- USB adapter and up to 10-12 battery life make your outdoor adventure more convenient
- High quality earpiece and VOX function achieve real hand free operation
- License free walkie talkies allows use without any legal issue; working out of the box with each other
Motorola T200TP Talkabout Radio, 3 Pack
- Power through Your Adventures: There are two ways to power your radio: use the included NiMH rechargeable batteries for up to 12 hours or use 3 AA batteries for up to 29 hours.
- 22 Channels Each with 121 privacy codes: With 22 channels and 121 privacy codes, totaling 2, 662 combinations, it’s easy to find an available channel.
- Quickly Find a Channel: Use the scanning feature to see which channels are currently in use. Low Battery alert: Low battery alert reminds you when batteries are running low.
- Customize call tones: Choose what your callers hear before you start speaking by selecting one of the 20 call tones. Eco Smart: most of the energy wasted when using a mobile device occurs during the charge.
- Compatible with any Radio: You can communicate with other FRS/GMRS radios regardless of brand by being on the same channel and privacy codes.
Retevis RT16 Walkie-Talkie Rechargeable FRS Emergency NOAA Weather Alert FM Flashlight Dual Watch Privacy Code Encrypt 2 Way Radio Long Range(4 Pack)
- Retevis walkie talkies with 22 frs channels and fcc certification; no license and frequency usage fees;UHF frequency for strong penetration and clear sound without distortion whether outdoors or in the city;can talk with Retevis RT15; RT41; RT19;RT22 and so on
- Walkie talkies for adults with 11 channels NOAA weather alert and scan make you get latest weather updates and warning of severe weather; Ergonomic and compact design with neck strap and good grip;easy to carry and use; ideal for cruise;camping;road trip; climbing and so on
- 121 privacy codes includes of CTCSS DCS and 0-9 squelch options can help you block other conversations and avoid irrelevant interference for more secure and private calls;0-5 levels for vox function enables hands-free operation by voice
- Out of box;easy to operate and use; flashlight and LCD display is easy to read settings day or night;Dual watch can monitor two channels meanwhile and never miss any call
- Rechargeable Li-on battery and USB dual charge cable allow you to charge 2 pack walkie talkies at anytime and anywhere and support normal work life use;one-touch FM radio for listening anytime; keypad lock preventing false touches in outdoor activities
Retevis RT45 Two Way Radio Rechargeable FRS Dual Watch Flashlight 10 Call Tone Private Code Roger Beep 2 Way Radio Walkie Talkie with Headset(10 Pack)
- FCC certified walkie-talkie has no legal issues and additional usage fees;22 channels with 121 privacy codes can avoid irrelevant interference and get more secure and private calls;compatible with Retevis RT22;RT27;h-777 and more
- Well built design of body can withstand prolonged friction and use;rechargeable walkie talkie with soft rubber design prevents accidental drops for longer use;ideal for shopping malls;retail;school;events;industry and so on
- UHF frequency has strong penetration for clear sound is not distorted;wide range of coverage in city buildings and outdoor activities and ensure clear and smooth communication with team members
- Very easy to use and operate; out of box;LCD screen and large keyboard is suitable for adults and beginners;you can easily find what you want and know what it is going on the LCD screen; AA battery dual power allow you to use usb charging cable to charge two walkie talkies
- Each radio has its own original earpieces ensure you have clear and private voice even when you are in noisy environment; Big and bright flashlight can illuminate your way at night;10 Call tones allow you to transmit a tone to other radios in your group to alert them that you want to talk
Two-Way Radios with Bluetooth Headset, Sanzuco UHF Handheld 2 Way Radios Rechargeable, Long Range Bluetooth Walkie Talkie (2 Packs)
- ★Two way radio built-in bluetooth and bluetooth headset, can release your hands.Frequency range is UHF 400-470MHz; Compatible with other brand's radio if on the same frequency.
- ★Besides basic long range two-way radio functions, you can delivery message to all different channels at the same time when you hold down the group button on this 2 way radio. No need to notify each other one-by-one.
- ★Squelch and private codes blocking background noise; scrambler function prevent irrelevant signals, specially customize frequency function get you a safe conversation.
- ★We specially added the battery saving function, this may extend double hours compared to others; FCC certificated charger with USB cable, more flexible walkie-talkie charging solution.
- ★Need to Note: the sound quality of Bluetooth headset connected to cellphone and 2 way radio will be different. Please consider this before purchasing.
Motorola MU350R 35-Mile Range 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two Way Bluetooth Radio (Grey)(Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- The MU series radio allows you to pair your Bluetooth headset with the MU series so you won't be tangled up while communicating. Enjoy hours of freedom while listening to what is going on. Press the PTT button on the radio when you are ready to chime in.
- With an IP-54 rating, the MU series flaunts its weatherproof ID design making it ideal for protection from not only dust, but wet weather conditions be it snow or rain splashes.
- Designed to fit every lifestyle, the MU Series allows you the convenience of charging four distinct ways.
- No need to stop the fun, weather alerts will provide your group with warnings of incoming storms or dangerous conditions. And, by tuning in to one of 7 NOAA channels, you will always know what to pack with continuous local & regional weather broadcasting.
- A light source is always essential during any emergency situation. It's crucial to be able to see what you are doing and where you are going. The MU series has a built-in LED light which offers emergency lighting when needed.
Retevis RT45 Walkie Talkies Rechargeable Long Range FRS VOX AA Battery Flashlight Call Tone Roger Beep Sub-Ch Monitor Security Two Way Radio(10 Pack)
- Walkie talkie rechargeable with FCC certificated ensure your organization and business do not violate federal and local communications laws during use;UHF frequency for strong penetration and decent range;Ensure a clear and smooth call between you and your team
- Navigation menu and LCD display are good for novice and you can press the menu button an cycle through channel options; privacy options; and sound settings;Large LCD screen makes you more convenient and clear to use
- Optimal range and 121 Privacy codes manually adjustable on each channel always keep your voice between teams is louder and clear without static or interference; Call reminder and roger beep also make your communication more effective and more complete and clearer
- Sub-channel monitor enable you stay on line with your team while making one to one private call with your friend; rechargeable battery and regular AA batteries backup ensure you no need to worry the battery issue even work outside
- Compatible with Retevis RT22;RT27 and more;3 pcs 650mAh NIMH batteries each radio can ran for day use; or you could buy extra 3 AA Li-ion batteries per unit as backup; USB charging cable supports charge 2 radios at the same time
Retevis RT98 Mobile Radios Mini VHF Amateur Transceiver 15W LCD 199 Ch 51 CTCSS 1024 DCS Lock Car Ham Mobile 2 Way Radio with Speaker Mic (1 Pack)
- 100x106x24mm lightweight and compact design is easy to install and carry;big button and LCD support full-featured display including TX and RX frequency display;frequency;CTCSS DCS;support two operation modes of amateur and professional
- 1-16 levels of microphone gain improve the sensitivity of the mic for clearer louder sound;built-in cooling fan ensures stable and durable operation for longer use
- 199 channels give you more call options and each channel can be identified by editing name;51 CTCSS 1024 DCS and 10 levels of squelch make sure you have clearer and undisturbed calls
- 15W car mobie radios with high;mid;low selection; you can adjust it as needed;VHF frequency provide you longer and continuous distance transmission range
- Easy to connect to repeaters;support multiple functions including scan;CTCSS DCS;high mid low power ;squelch;keypad lockout;beep prompt;talk around and so on
Uniden BEARCAT 880 CB Radio with 40 Channels and Large Easy-to-Read 7-Color LCD Display with Backlighting, Backlit Control Knobs/Buttons, NOAA Weather Alert, PA/CB Switch, and Wireless Mic Compatible
- Drive with confidence and stay connected with the Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio, Powerful rugged design with advanced features and settings to suit any CB user.
- The Bearcat 880 boasts 4 Watts of transmit power with full 40 channels, NOAA weather channels, and instant channel 9 for emergency channel access.
- Loaded with features, such as dynamic squelch control, Hi/Lo mic Gain Control, Memory Channel Scan, ANL Noise Filter to reduce background noise, and a Noise Canceling Microphone w/ Extra Long cord.
- What really sets the Bearcat 880 apart from other CB radios is the Display. The Large, Easy-to-Read display offers 7 Backlight Color options to Customize your radio!
- Includes Microphone, Mounting Bracket Kit, DC Power Cord, 6-pin to 4-pin microphone adapter, owner's manual, and 2 year extended manufacturer warranty.
Italian Students to Talk to Woman-Commanded International Space Station by Amateur Radio
Peggy Whitson, Amateur Radio callsign KC5ZTD, and other "hams" aboard the ISS, talk to students around the world via amateur radio. An Italian school in Rome named for Galileo is looking forward to their contact on October 31!
It's also exciting that that commander of the International Space Station is a license amateur radio operator, callsign KC5ZTD. "Ham" radio has traditionally had a lot more males than females participating, but it has been a route into technology for some young girls, especially if one of their parents was licensed as well. It's also a pastime that can be enjoyed by many with disabilities. In the Boston area there was a woman named Kathy, severely disabled and mostly confined to home, who made dozens of friends through her hours spent talking with local ham radio operators over a local amateur radio repeater station.
With a female ham radio operator in the ISS, the ARISS program takes on new meaning, because one focus of the program is to provide contact with schools from the space station. Local "hams" set up a station in the schools, and as the space station passes overhead, students have the chance to talk with those orbiting above, asking them questions and receiving later confirmation of the contact, a "QSL card," a ham tradition. It's a sure thing that talking to a woman in space is going to be something that children of either gender are going to remember for a long time, but especially young girls. During the current space shuttle mission, the crew on the ISS is scheduled to talk with students at schools in Italy.
The first "ham" in space was Dr. Owen Garriott, W5LFL, in 1983, on STS-9. The "SAREX" program as it was called, or "Space Shuttle Amateur Radio EXperiment," has continued to this day, with amateur radio equipment installed in many space shuttle missions, and now in the International Space Station as part of the "ARISS" program. Even the Russian "MIR" space station made contact with many American hams while it orbited over the U.S. The equipment required is minimal, so it is something that can be enjoyed by just about anyone who knows a ham radio operator. The programs have also been expanded overseas, and children and others in countries from Europe (Italy this week) to Southeast Asia (recently Malaysia), are now being exposed to the space program and ham radio. There is more information on the SAREX program at this ARRL link, and the ARISS program at this link at the ARRL.
Even beyond the manned space contacts, there are many space-based technologies that can be explored via ham radio. Hams have placed many satellites in space, piggybacking them on launches placing other satellites into orbit. They have relayed both voice and computer communications, and many hams have the capability to use these satellites, some of which require sophisticated tracking antennae while others require very simple equipment. On the extreme end of space-based communications, there are some ham radio operators who enjoy an exotic form of communication called "moonbounce," where powerful signals are bounced off the Earth's moon and received back on earth, usually in Morse code. Ham radio is a diverse hobby, and if you try it thanks to a local "ham," you can go on to get your own license as well. Check the ARRL site, a national organization of hams, for more information, and AMSAT for more amateur radio in space information.
"ARRL Web: ARISS",
"ARRL Web: Past SAREX Missions",
"Ham Radios in Space",
"International Space Station Reference",