10 The Best Gps For Hunting
Updated on: May 2023
The Best Gps For Hunting in 2023
Garmin Huntview Plus, Preloaded microSD Cards With Hunting Management Units for Garmin Handheld GPS Devices, Illinois
Winterworm Outdoor Mini Handheld Portable GPS Navigation Location Finder Dot Matrix Display for Biking Hiking Travelling Geoaching Wild Exploration
- Mini shape, just like a watch, Can be used as a keychain,Compact, easy to carry.
- Destination point can be set, maximum 16 points
- With screen display and memory, Records distance and milage
- Provide current position: longitude, latitude, and altitude information
- Popular for mountain climbing, hiking, bike riding, camping and geocaching.
Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
- Features high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix for improved performance and reception in heavy tree cover or deep canyons
- Keeps track of routes, tracks and waypoints, and heart rate with add on heart rate monitor (sold separate). Uses standard AAA batteries. 2 required.
- TracBack feature retraces user's path on the easy-to-read LCD display;Display resolution 100 x 64 pixels;Battery life Up to 17 hours in GPS mode;Track Log 10000. Display size : 1.42 x 0.91 inches
- Supports dual position readout so user can view current location in multiple formats. Audible tones. Hold the compass level when navigating to ensure maximum accuracy
- Features trip computer, sunrise/sunset times, hunting/fishing information, electronic compass and barometric altimeter
Garmin Rino 755t, Rugged Handheld 2-Way Radio/GPS Navigator with Camera and Preloaded TOPO Mapping
- 5 w gmrs two-way radio offers extended range, up to 20 miles; communicate by voice or unit-to-unit text Messaging
- High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite reception; tracks in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Position reporting Feature shows locations of other rino users on the same channel
- 3” Sunlight-readable touchscreen with Dual orientation (landscape or portrait view)
- Dual battery system provides up to 14 hours between charges on lithium-ion Pack or up to 18 hours with optional AA batteries (sold separately)
Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS;Range: 9 miles
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode. Neck size: Minimum of 9.5 Inch (24 cm) in circumference
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters); Collar compatibility: 1” (2.54 cm)
- T 5 tracking dog device w/ rechargeable Li-ion battery, 1" blue collar strap, 18 1/2 " standard & 22 1/2 " extended range antennas, charge clip,
Garmin GPSMAP 64st, TOPO U.S. 100K with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver
- Sunlight Readable 2.6 inches color display. Display size : 1.43 x 2.15 inches and 2.6 inch diag (6.6 centimeter). Battery life : 16 hours. Water rating IPX7
- Expanded Internal Memory 8GB.Display resolution 160 x 240 pixels. Interface: high speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM Use with 2 traditional AA batteries (best with Polaroid AA batteries), or the optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack that can be charged while inside the device.Weight 8.1 ounce (230 grams) with batteries
- Receive Smart Notifications* and pair with optional ANT+ sensors, such as heart rate monitor, Tempe temperature sensor, speed/cadence, or use to control your VIRB action camera (64s/64st only)
- Wirelessly upload data to Garmin Connect and view on smartphone, plus share activities as they happen with Live Track (64s/64st only). 3 axis compass with barometric altimeter.Routes:200
Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide basemap and 2.2 inch monochrome display
- WAAS enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc
- Support for paperless geocaching and Garmin spine mounting accessories. Power with two AA batteries for up to 20 hours of use (best with Polaroid AA batteries)
- See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
Dogtra Pathfinder 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS Tracking & Training E-Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, Free Satellite Map
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track and train your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking GPS e-collar.
- DESIGN: With convenience in mind, the PATHFINDER is sleek and simple. Featuring two buttons (Power/Select & Connect) on the remote, you can connect to the receiver with ease.
- CORRECTIONS: The PATHFINDER utilizes corrections and audible tone to track and train your dog. With up to 100 correction levels, the PATHFINDER sends the correction through the receiver and is great for keeping your dog on track during the hunt.
- DOG SIZING: This GPS e-collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With a high output and the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Garmin eTrex 30x, Handheld GPS Navigator with 3-axis Compass, Enhanced Memory and Resolution, 2.2-inch Color Display, Water Resistant
- UPGRADED DISPLAY Features a 2.2” 65K color sunglight readable display offering increased resolution (240 x 320 pixels). Physical dimensions: 2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- LOAD MORE MAPS Large 3.7 GB of internal memory and microSD card slot lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, HuntView, BlueChart g2, City Navigator NT and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required)
- PRELOADED BASEMAP Includes a worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- BUILT IN SENSORS eTrex 30x adds a built in 3 axis tilt compensated electronic compass and a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time
- WIRELESS Wirelessly share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches with other compatible devices simply press “send” to transfer your information also wirelessly connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB and accessory sensors
SUUNTO Traverse Alpha
- Features a rugged, knurled stainless steel bezel, durable water repellent nylon strap, and a premium scratch resistant sapphire crystal glass. Dial Size: 50 millimetre , Thickness: 15 millimetre
- Suunto's automatic shot detection technology keeps track of when and where you shoot, mapping the GPS coordinates of your location for later viewing
- Gps tracks your path, helping you find your way back using the automatic breadcrumb trail,Compatible with Suunto Movescount App (iOS and Android)
- Location based moon Phase calendar with moon rise and moon set times helps you determine the best hunting and fishing times.Operating temperature: 20° C to +60° C / 5° F to +140° F
- Suunto Traverse Alpha watches are handmade in Finland and have been tested against military standards (mil Std 810G)
Top Shooting Ranges in St. Louis, Missouri
Regardless of whether you have a weapon for hunting or self defense, you should be familiar with its use. Shooting ranges offer a safe place to practice as well as courses in firearm safety.....
I moved from St. Louis out to the country, (way out), when I was in my early twenties and stayed there for about fifteen years. It seemed as if everyone in the country had guns, so I bought myself a 12-gauge shotgun, though I rarely used it. I've always had mixed feeling about the gun control issue. Missouri just passed the law allowing you to carry a concealed weapon not too long ago amid great debate, but you don't hear much about it anymore. I haven't heard this mentioned before, but I think that weapons should be allowed in rural areas, but banned in cities of say 50,000 or 100,000 or more. I know that it would be hard to enforce, but what isn't? Rural folks just seem to handle firearms better, and besides there's not much to shoot at in the city anyway besides people. Not to say that there wasn't a couple times when I lived out there that made me question it. Like the time a neighbor showed up at my door on Superbowl Sunday with a loaded double barreled shotgun and a handful of double magnum loads. He wanted me to go outside and fire off a few rounds in celebration of the game. I did, and afterwards had a football-sized bruise on my shoulder and a cut on my face from the recoil. Or the time I had to scurry off my roof when I was cleaning out my chimney because dove season had started and stray shot was raining down on me like metal confetti.
Since it's legal to carry a gun but not fire it in some municipalities, what do you do for practice? Here are a few of the best shooting ranges in the St. Louis area:
We all know here in the Lou that Auggie Busch was a great fan of the outdoors. The August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center is located on Highway D near St. Charles, Missouri and offers a wide range of activities for the shooting enthusiast. The shooting range is on a first-come, first-served basis for individuals, but group use must be scheduled a month in advance. The fee is $3 for a shooting both with a maximum time of one hour if there is a waiting line. They also have a trap/skeet field for $3 per round of 25 targets and a turkey shotgun range. Archery ranges are free, but the Broadhead Archery Pit Range with its special targets is $3 an hour per person. The range is open Friday-Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. from October 1st through April 30th.
The Top Gun Shooting Sports Range is one of the few state-of-the-art shooting ranges in the St. Louis/Jefferson County area. They welcome families and new shooters as well as the more experienced ones. They have a good focus on safety with a powerful ventilation system to remove smoke and odor and ensure a clean and healthy environment. Non-shooters can watch what's going on from behind bullet-proof glass. The range offers modern shooting equipment, which is maintained on a daily basis by an experienced staff. The rates run about $15 an hour. You can get more information by visiting their website: www.topgunss.com
Bull's Eye Shooting Range, 5100 Manchester, St. Louis, Mo. is the only shooting range in the city proper. There you can rent pistols, rifles, and one brand new full-auto Uzi until 9 p.m. at night, Tuesday through Friday. They are also open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. They have the only full-scale full-service gun shop in the city. You meet the full range of customers here, from professional marksmen to housewives to father and son teams. By the way; don't even think about buying the Uzi. Federal law makes it a "rental item only."