Crossbow Best For Hunting in 2022
BARNETT Whitetail Hunter STR Crossbow, Mossy Oak Bottomland, Standard 4x32 Scope
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE Whitetail Hunter STR Compound Crossbow in Mossy oak Bottomland with complete hunting accessory package | Specs: 375 Feet Per Second, Weight of 6.6 Pounds, Axle to axle width of 18.125 inches, Dimensions: 34.875 X 20.125 inches
- LIGHTWEIGHT Fiberglass composite step thru riser with single bolt assembly and anti-dry fire TriggerTech trigger
- SAFETY FIRST| Soft Look floating bristle arrow retainer to keep from dry-firing| Finger Safety reminders| Package includes string and rail lube wax
- COMPATIBLE with Barnett 17455 Crank Cocking Device.118.6 Kinetic Energy (ft lbs)
- READY TO HUNT PACKAGE Includes 4x32 millimeters Multi-Reticle Scope, Two 22 inches Headhunter Arrows, Lightweight Quiver, Rope Cocking Device, & Lube Wax| Ships mostly assembled
BARNETT Avenger Recruit Crossbow | 330 Feet Per Second, Black (BAR78098)
- Barnett Crossbows| the original pioneer of modern crossbows, with a history dating back to 1963
- Barnett Avenger Recruit Crossbow Shoots 330 Feet Per Second and has a 130 LB draw weight
- Crossbow Safety is paramount| This recurve crossbow features a Anti Dry Fire (ADF) trigger which prevents you from shooting without arrow and also features above grip finger guards
- Metal Injected Mold (MIM) trigger allows for tight quality tolerance and a smooth trigger pull
- With a speed of 330 fps, the Barnett Avenger Crossbow is effective on all big game animals at an incredible value
- Overall Length: 34.25" and Overall Length of 6.4lbs | Equipped with Quiver and 4x32 Scope
Killer Instinct Crossbows Rush 380 Crossbow Package
CenterPoint AXCS185CK Sniper 370 Crossbow Package, Camo, Small
- HIGH PERFORMANCE 370 FPS - 18-inch axle-to-axle at full draw and 185-pound draw weight
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE STOCK AND FOREGRIP - For a customized fit to shoulder with confidence
- QUAD LIMBS WITH PRECISION-MACHINED CAMS SYSTEM - Delivers power and accuracy
- MACHINED RAIL WITH SHOOT-THROUGH RISER
- INTEGRATED STRING SUPRESSORS - For a quiet, vibration-free shot
- DURABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - Aluminum and composite, easy to carry and maneuverable in the field
- SAFETY AND ANTI-DRY FIRE TRIGGER - Ambidextrous, for right or left handed hunters
- INCLUDES - A 5-year limited warranty, three 20-inch carbon arrows, parallel quiver, 4x32 mm scope and rope cocker
Barnett Whitetail Hunter II Crossbow | Shoots 350 FPS | Includes 4x32 scope, rope cocking device, light weight quiver & two 20 inch Headhunter arrows
- 350 feet per second. Draw weight: 150 lbs Kinetic energy: 103 ft lbs. Realtree Extra Camo
- Overall weight 6.4 lbs | axle to axle 16.125" | dimensions 34.25"L x 18.25"W
- Made in the USA and ships mostly assembled; 12.5 Power Stroke (in)
- Trigger Tech Technology with 3lb zero-creep release. All stainless steel components. Nock sensor and adf eliminate dry fires
- Includes: 4x32 scope, rope cocking device, light weight quiver, two 20 inch Headhunter arrows, lube wax (we suggest you lube strings every 10 shots)
Rush Creek Creations Real tree Crossbow and 10 Arrow Bow Rack - 4 Minute Assembly - Extra Large Pegs
- UNIQUE HUNTING BOW & ARROW STORAGE: Handcrafted wall rack stores and displays 1 crossbow and up to 10 arrows (bow and arrows not included)
- STURDY PEGS: Extra large pegs to secure crossbow and easy arrow placement on rack
- ADDED STRENGTH: Staging components are 1" thick for added strength
- DURABLE MATERIAL: Solid New Zealand pine and 2 coats of varnish enhance beauty and durability
- OFFICIAL RACK SIZE: Rack measures 18.5" L x 4" W x 36" H; easy to assemble, mounting hardware included
SA Sports 647 Empire Fever Pro 175LB Crossbow Package - 240 FPS Scope, Quiver, Arrows, Sling, Rope Cocking Device
- Speeds up 235 feet per second, 175 pound draw weight
- Includes a 4x32 crossbow scope, 4 aluminum arrows, a quick detach quiver, instructions, and a padded shoulder sling for easy transport
- Equipped with a hand saver palm grip on a Picatinny rail and ambidextrous auto safety
- Integrated broadhead wrench molded into the stock along with a flip open storage compartment
- Crank cocking device capable; adjustable Weaver style scope mount
BOLT Crossbows The Impact Crossbow 80 lbs.
- Shoots plastic bolts up to 225 feet per second and aluminum bolts up to 175 feet per second
- Easy cocking lever
BARNETT Whitetail Pro STR Crossbow, 400 Feet Per Second
- 400 Feet Per Second Crossbow in Tru Bark Camo. Package includes premium 4x32 illuminated scope, Rope Cocking Device, Side Mount Quiver, Two 22" Headhunter Arrows, and Lube wax
- Draw Weight: 187 lbs. Kinetic Energy: 140 Ft. lbs. Power Stroke 16.375". Overall weight:6.9 lbs . Dimensions: 36.5" L x 20"W. Axle to Axle 17.625"
- Pattented Step-Through Riser. String Dampeners for stealth like shooting. CNC Machined Aluminum Flight Track for smooth, quiet, and accurate shots
- Ships to you mostly assembled. Allows for Intergration of Barnett Crank Cocking Device
- Safety First: Equipped with Nock Sensor and Anti Dry Fire Trigger System to eliminate Dry Fires. Finger Guards & Finger Safety Reminders. Be sure to wax strings every 10 shots
Benjamin Crosman BABPNBX Pioneer Airbow
- Pre Charged Pneumatic (PCP) Airbow
- Powered by 3000 psi of compressed air
- Integrated pressure regulator delivers 8 consistent shots at 450 FPS
- Bullpup configuration, short 33.5" overall length
- Ambidextrous top cocking bolt
Book Review: Of a Predatory Heart
It's a memoir of a lifelong outdoorsman, starting from his return from the Vietnam War, with tales ranging from archery hunting, flyfishing, introducing children to woodcraft.
I was born right here in Wellsboro Pennsylvania and I grew up loving the woods and the wild things in 'em. I remember fishing for bass with my uncle, and gathering ginseng with my Grandpa and berries with my Grandma (I always ended up with more in my belly than in the basket), and just lying in the backyard under a starry summer sky.
I'm writing this book review Of A Predatory Heart for seasoned woodsman Joe Parry. Joe is just what he appears to be: a blue-collar working class guy, but Joe has a talent that not everyone has. Joe is a natural storyteller, and he can put it to paper. The first rule of writing is to write what you know. Joe does one better, he writes what he *is*, a little guy with a big heart. His stories brought memories of my Grandpa, and my first hunting knife, of that special dog, and some brought tears of laughter. But more importantly, I thought these were stories that would do the same for many people the world over. You know how you read a book so good that you just have to share it? Yep, this is just such a book. Joe is chock full of tales and has many quality stories.
Joe Parry, a Vietnam vet and an outdoor writer, has written for the Pennsylvania Game News, Field and Stream, Fins and Feathers, Turkey Magazine, Sports Afield, Readers Digest, Northwest Outdoors, the Philadelphia Daily News, and the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, and our very own Wellsboro Gazette. These stories on hunting, fishing, and the outdoor lifestyle run from snort-milk-through-your nose funny, to bringing a tear to a seasoned woodsman's eye. It's a memoir of a lifelong outdoorsman, starting from his return from the Vietnam War, with tales ranging from archery hunting, fly-fishing, introducing children to woodcraft, and the bond that forms between generations through appreciation of the woodlands.
I especially enjoyed reading *The Royal Roachman*. My uncle was a dedicated fly fisherman, and I remember the dining room table covered with vices and tiny hooks and filled with turkey feathers and multi-colored deer tails. I would watch him create delicate mimicries and speak of matching the hatch. That's why I could not stop laughing when I read the short story. Anyone who has every tried to duplicate one of nature's creations, will surely appreciate "Big Bill's" gallant but feeble attempt, and the creation of THE FLY.
Perhaps, that's what is so familiar about Joe's book. It will remind you of home. Hunting and fishing is an important part of our culture here in Tioga County, and there's something about the smell of gun oil and the searing heat of a woodstove that has a place in any hunter's heart. If you were raised hunting, you know there's just something about a gun. No man deserves the title of hunter that doesn't feel a deep, honest gratitude for nature's bounty.
Joe feels this and it's evident in his writing. This collection of short stories has a widespread appeal, from non-hunters to avid fishermen, to seasoned vets who cherish the solitude and majesty of the forest. If you enjoyed *Of Woods and Wild Things* by Wellsboro Gazette columnist Don Knaus, you are going to love *Of A Predatory Heart*. As my Uncle once said, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, but teach a man to fish and he'll be drinking beer and telling lies in no time.
So grab yourself a cold drink, hunker down and enjoy some great outdoor writing.