10 Best Wool Hunting Pants
Updated on: May 2023
Best Wool Hunting Pants in 2023
Dark Green Heavyweight Wool Hunting and Shooting Cargo Pants to Size 52 Made in Canada (34 Waist)
Filson Mackinaw Field Pant Charcoal 36
- These Filson® Mackinaw Field Pants are naturally water-resistant and retain their warming properties even if they do get wet.
- Belt loop waistband with solid brass zip fly and button closure.
- Suspender buttons on the waistband.
- 2 slash hand pockets and 4 flap pockets.
- Straight-leg with wide, unhemmed cuffs that can accommodate boots. 100% wool. Dry clean only. Made in the USA. Measurements: Waist Measurement: 32 in Outseam: 47 in Inseam: 37 in Front Rise: 14 in Back Rise: 16 in Leg Opening: 20 in Product measurements were taken using size 34. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
First Lite - Corrugate Guide Pant in Conifer LG - Conifer
- The armored truck of First Lite pants, the nylon fabric is lightweight, breathable and extremely durable
- Durable Water Repellent finish for all weather capability
- 3D double cargo pockets for ample storage
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
Wrangler Authentics Men's Authentics Fleece-Lined Cargo Pant, Anthracite Twill, 36W X 34L
- Loose thru seat and thigh
- Slanted side pockets
- Fleece lined
- Engineered for comfort
- 1 year warranty
Regular and Big and Tall Merino Wool Hunting and Shooting Cargo Pants to Size 52 Made in Canada (Green, 34" Waist / 33" Length)
- 21 OZ PREMIUM MERINO WOOL BLEND 80% MERINO WOOL / 20% NYLON
- Made in Canada of superior quality merino wool - perfect for cold weather wear and hunting, shooting, or working outside
- Brass zipper and button front closure 2 front pockets
- 2 back pockets with flap and button closure 2 large side pleated cargo pockets with flap and button closure 7 belt loops
- Available with open bottoms of 31" or 33" for custom alterations to fit you perfectly (many people don't feel the need to alter, anyway)
Mossy Oak Camo Lightweight Hunting Pants for Men Camouflage Clothing, Large, Bottomland
- DESIGN: Mens cargo hunting pants that are made from lightweight, ultra-breathable, and durable 100% polyester material with a standard 32 inch inseam. The 6-Pocket design is great for keeping gear and essentials close and ready.
- COMFORT: These camo pants were designed with comfort in mind. They feature a partial elastic waistband, hook and loop tape adjustable waist straps, and a gusseted crotch for non-binding fit when sitting or kneeling.
- ULTRA-BREATHABLE & DURABLE: The poly fabric is constructed from a micro mesh and sturdy diamond weave for advanced cooling and moisture wicking properties in a durable, solid fabric. Double layered knee material was also added for lasting use.
- PURSUITS: Perfect for warm weather turkey hunting and early archery seasons for deer, elk, & other game.
- MEN'S WAIST SIZING: Small (28"-32") | Medium (32"-34") | Large (36"-38") | X-Large (40"-42") | 2X-large (44"-46") | 3X-Large (48"-50")
FREE SOLDIER Men's Outdoor Softshell Fleece Lined Cargo Pants Breathable Waterproof Windproof Tactical Warm Snow Ski Hiking Pants (Army Green 38W x 30L)
- Warm & Soft Fabric: The softshell pants inner layer made of warm polar fleece which offers superior next-to-skin comfort, stave of winter winds and chilly temperatures so you stay warm all season long. The classic soft shell surface layer using windproof fabric block the cold air to further improve thermal insulation performance. Both outer and inner are useful for preventing loss of heat from the body, effectively to warm your body even under extreme winter or snowy conditions.
- Water Repellent & Breathable Features: The waterproof membrane in the surface layer effectively prevents the water molecules from penetrating, helps improve the breathability and transfer the moisture away quickly. Features signature seam-sealed waterproof construction to keep you comfortable while protecting you from the wettest of elements. The materials and stitches allow the snow ski pants to breathe while maintaining you dry even during strenuous activity in humid and drenched climates.
- Comfortable & Custom Fit: Made of 94% Polyester and 6% Spandex, this synthetic stretch fabric for maximum movement let you more comfortable when you bend and squat, integrated motion points mapped to the body takes your mobility to the next level. Elastic waistband on two sides allow snow pants to fit comfortably, Standard fit is eased, but not sloppy, and perfect for any activity. Self-locking YKK zipper fly with metal closure avoid the embarrassment when you are in your winter adventure.
- Simple & Practical Design: Mens durable pant features four cargo pockets for ultimate convenience and efficiency: two zip-closure security pockets, two side pockets with hook and loop closure which can keep your phone, wallet, key, tactical tools or other small accessories. Designed for outdoor enthusiasts which can also comfortably withstand the toughest working conditions, scratch resistant & tear resistant fabric performs well no matter the strenuous sports or heavy duty works.
- Versatile & Utility Pants: Your Must Have Mens Outdoor Waterproof Soft shell Fleece-Lined Pants in this winter. Suitable for daily wear, snowboarding, ski touring, hiking, hunting, travelling, skiing, camping, fishing, mountaineering, biking, cycling, running. Please refer to the size chart when you choose the size, all the data are accurately measured.
Sitka Gear Timberline Pant, Optifade Open Country, 32R
- Concealment - Subalpine is designed for stalking and ambushing ungulates from ground level in tree-covered and vegetated terrain, Open Country is optimized for engagement ranges of 50 yds and beyond at ground level in rocky terrain above the timber line
- Reinforced seat and knees - The seat and knees are reinforced with a waterproof nylon ripstop fabric, so a long slog on a wet saddle or a quick seat in the snow won’t leave you cold and wet
- Removable knee pads - Removable knee pads offer additional protection whether you’re scrambling through talus in the Northern Rockies, picking your way through cactus in the Sonoran Desert, or field dressing an animal
- Articulated patterning - The fit is athletic with tapered legs and a low-profile waist that won’t bunch or chafe under a pack
- Durable water repellent finish - Resists light precipitation and prevents the face fabric from wetting out
MERIWOOL Mens Base Layer 100% Merino Wool Thermal Pants Charcoal Gray
- Package Includes: 1 - Men’s 250g/m² merino wool thermal leggings – Charcoal Gray/XL
- SUPER SOFT: 100% all natural superfine 18.5-micron Merino wool ensures comfort all day long – no itch! EASY CARE: Your thermal pants are machine-washable on cold setting and safe to tumble dry on low heat with like colors, so it’s ready when you are for your next adventure. MEN’S SIZE OPTIONS: XS to 3XL.
- BREATHABLE: Keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter, MERIWOOL’s 250g/m2 weight interlock-knit Merino wool can be used as a base layer or mid-layer, but won’t weigh you down. COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT: Quick-drying pants feature a loop for hang drying while camping, hiking, hunting, working, playing sports, skiing, or partaking in any outdoors activity.
- WICKING & ODOR RESISTANCE: Merino wool’s natural wicking and odor-resistant properties keep you dry and comfortable in hot or cold weather. Through the process of wicking, Merino wool is the most breathable fabric and absorbs moisture better than any other fibers. Wicking refers to a fabric’s ability to pull moisture away from your body and keep you comfortable.
- EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER CARE: If your MERIWOOL Men’s Leggings don’t perform to your satisfaction, return it to us within 30 DAYS with proof of purchase for a hassle-free refund, exchange, or replacement. Includes a 1-YEAR limited manufacturer’s warranty, which covers manufacturing and material defects. For best results: hand wash and lay flat to dry.
SITKA Gear Mountain Pant Optifade Open Country 34 R
- MOUNTAIN PANTS – Perfect blend of durability and versatility these pants are suited for even the worst conditions. (Available Colors: Open Country and Subalpine)
- REDESIGNED AND REDEVELOPED – Four-way stretch woven polyester with contoured fit in the seat gives these pants complete mobility and allows for athletic movement. Legs are tapered to limit friction and noise against boots for maximum stealth.
- Innovative FEATURES – Articulated knees with removable knee pads offer added protection when climbing and crawling, two zippered hand pockets and hip pocket keep small essentials accessible and secure, and two cargo pockets close with quiet snaps.
- FIT AND FINISH – Quick drying fabric topped off with DWR finish helps to repel water while the tall waist line increases contact with your hips and is thin to reduce hotspots when your pack is riding heavy
- SITKA Gear – We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality apparel that ensures you’re prepared to tackle any obstacle, in any element, under any condition. Check out our storefront to view our complete line up of industry leading products.
Beginners Guide to Hunting Licenses
This pasttime can provide hours of enjoyment. Getting your hunting license is as easy as pie, just be sure you understand the laws regarding hunting licenses in your state.
Those new to hunting may not realize that every state in the USA requires hunters of a certain age to complete a hunters education/safety course before being allowed to purchase a hunting license. It is important to check the regulations for your state to determine if you are required to complete this course. Some states provide exemptions for hunters born before specific dates.
A rather new development called the Apprentice license allows those new to the sport of hunting to obtain a hunting license valid for one year without taking the required safety course. Hunters wishing to purchase an apprentice license are required to hunt with a hunter who has successfully completed the hunter education course. Apprentice licenses can only be purchased once in a hunters life time. After the apprentice license expires, hunters are required to complete the education course before they are allowed to purchase a regular huntig license. To find out if your state offers an apprentice program, visit your state's wildlife website.
Information can also be obtained regarding hunting licenses from approved hunting license vendors. Each state publishes a regulation manual each year and this information is provided free of charge to hunters. These books can be picked up at nearly any location that sells hunting licenses. You may also call your local officials and request a copy.
The cost for hunting licenses varies from state to state and can vary depending on a number of factors. Many states offer non-resident as well as resident hunting licenses over the counter. Some states require non-residents to participate in a lottery type drawing for the privilege of hunting in their state.
One of the best ways to get information about the requirements for purchasing a hunting license in your state is to ask a hunter. Many hunters pride themselves on the fact that they are educated in their states rules and regulations and are more than willing to share their knowledge with fellow hunters.
Be sure to check the requirements for your state to be sure that you are in compliance with all laws regarding hunting in your state. Once you have successfully purchased your hunting license, be sure to practice safe and ethical hunting!