Best Two Way Radios For Elk Hunting in 2022
Midland - GXT1000VP4, 50 Channel GMRS Two-Way Radio - Up to 36 Mile Range Walkie Talkie, 142 Privacy Codes, Waterproof, NOAA Weather Scan + Alert (Pair Pack) (Black/Silver)
- 2-WAY RADIOS - These walkie-talkies feature 50 GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) channels, along with channel scan to check for activity. The JIS4 Waterproof Protection prevents splashing water from having any harmful effect on it (splash resistant).
- 36-MILE RANGE - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction. Easy Voice and Sound Activation Transmission (eVOX) with 9 sensitivity levels for hands-free operation.
- 142 CTCSS/DCS PRIVACY CODES - The privacy codes give you up to 3,124 channel options to block other conversations.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 10 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Radios (x2), rechargeable battery packs (x2), boom mic headsets (x2), belt clips (x2), 120V dual desktop charger, AC adapter, DC adapter, and an owner’s manual.
Caseling Hard Case Fits Midland GXT1000VP4 Two-Way Radio
- PERFECT FIT: Uniquely designed Hard Case to fit perfectly your Midland - GXT1000VP4, 50 Channel GMRS Two-Way Radio
- 100% SAFE: Water Resistance, Shockproof & Dust-proof to protect your device safely and securely With easy grip handle
- SUPER CONVENIENT: This case is lightweight and compact with specifically designed mesh pocket for small Accessories
- CASE ONLY: For travel and storage (device and accessories are sold separately) Material: High-Quality EVA, Color: Black
- DIMENSIONS: Outer 11.6" L x 6.2" W 3.17" H -- Inner 10.8" L x 5.75" W 2.6" H - CLICK the orange button to order yours now!
ELK M1TWS Speaker/Microphone for Two-Way Interface
- ELK 8 Ohm Two-Way Speaker/Microphone
- Simple four wire connection
- High sensitivity
- Up to 12 may be connected to one M1 Two Way Listen-In Interface
- Operating Voltage: Powered from M1TWA, M1TWI, or M1EZ8TWI
5.11 Radio Pouch Compatible with 5.11 Bags/Packs/Duffels, Style 58718, Flat Dark Earth
- Secure and reliable Slicks tick/MOLLE radio pouch
- Integrates with 5.11 bags, belts, and packs
- Universal web platform compatibility
- Fits any standard handset
- 5 3/8" H, 3 5/8" W, 1 1/2" D
EBL BATT5R AVP7 Replacement Rechargeable Battery for Walkie Talkie GXT1000 GXT1050 GXT850 GXT860 GXT900 GXT950 and More, 2 Pack
- High capacity circulatory function, perfect replace your original batteries.
- Safety protection - over-charge, over-discharge, over-heat, over-current & short-circuit protection
- No Memory effect, you can use it any time and no need to discharge it fully then start to use.
- 6V 700mAh replacement rechargaeble battery, pack of 2
Motorola 1518 Surveillance Headset with PTT Mic, Black, White
- Packaging Contents: 2 headsets, 2 bonus earplug inserts
- FRS/GMRS Headset
- Compatible with MS, MU, MT, MR, MJ, T9680RSAME, MH, MD, MB, FV300 Series Radios
- Single-pronged and works with all Motorola Talk about Radios
- Discrete way to speak and listen.
HDE Acoustic Tube Earpiece Mic for Motorola Radios PTT 2 Pin Walkie Talkie Earpiece Two Way Covert Surveillance for CP200 GP2000 CLS1450 and Other Models (2 Pack)
- Two pin acoustic tube earpiece mic is designed specifically to be used with Motorola Walkie Talkies for hands free use and operation | Perfect for security personnel needing a concealed way of communicating
- Ear bud style head set with clip on microphone fits your ear snugly and is comfortable for all day use | Hidden microphone is located inside PTT switch
- Black cable with transparent acoustic tube is discreet and allows wearer to remain unnoticed in most situations | Package includes extra replacement earbud in case of damage or loss
- Standard diameter earphone (2.5mm) and stereo (3.5mm) plug fits most Motorola radio designs, check description prior to purchase for compatibility
- Package Contents: 2x 2-Pin Earpiece Compatible with Motorola Radio Devices, 5x Replacement Plastic Ear Buds | Cable length 4.5ft
Garmin inReach Explorer+, Handheld Satellite Communicator with TOPO Maps and GPS Navigation (Renewed)
- 100 percent global Iridium satellite coverage enables two way text messaging from anywhere (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Track and share your location with family and friends. Water rating : IPX7. Battery : Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Pair with mobile devices using the free earthmate app for access to downloadable maps, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
- In reach explorer+ device adds preloaded Delorme topo maps with onscreen GPS routing plus built in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
Create Magic Moon Elk Multi Purpose Sling Chest Bag-Travel Shoulder Pack Cross Body Backpack - Commuter Business Small Daypack
- SINE: 3.25"x7.5"x15.25"(8.3x19x38.7cm) Material Description: Made Of Durable Polyester Fabric, High Strength POM Slider.
- MULTI OCCASION APPLIED: The Excellent Water Resistant And Durable Performance Contribute To The Sling Bag Ideal For Hiking, Gym, Cycling, Bike Riding, Walking, Traveling, Daily Use. It Also Perfectly Fits Daily Casual Using As Sling Backpack, Shoulder Bag, Crossbody Backpack, Sling Pack, Chest Bag, Travelling Bag.
- MATERIAL: Lightweight Breathable Composite Polyester Contributed To The Backpack Can Be Using Last For Years. Waterproof And Grind Resistant. It Added The High Performance Foam On The Its Back And Shoulder Strap To Further Reinforce The Comfortable.
- Accessory Structure: Small Volume And Large Capacity Front Diagonal Zipper Pocket Is Convenient To Carry Power Bank, Main Zip Pockets Such As U Disk Are Convenient To Carry Mobile Phones, Tablets, Daily Necessities, Etc. The Internal Design Is User-friendly, With Built-in Special Keychains, One On Each Side The Pocket Is Convenient For Tissues, Sunglasses And Other Items.
- Product Performance: Suitable For Daily Leisure Outing. The Double-sided Bag Has Shrinkage And Stretchability And Wrinkle Resistance. The Entire Chest Bag Material And The Stressed Position Are Reinforced By A Jujube Machine, Which Enhances The Durable Use Of The Chest Bag.
Hunting Powerline Stands for Big Bucks
Powerlines offer an ideal crossing for deer moving to and from bedding and feeding areas, including big bucks. Tips, strategies, and personal experiences trophy hunting powerline stand bucks.
Wide open areas with plenty of safe shooting opportunities, along the edge of a soybean or peanut field. But, my favorite, powerline stands.
One fond hunting memory, and still my second largest buck to date, is in a tripod stand at one end of a 500 yard stretch of powerlines, cut through a heavily wooded area with more than enough deer sign to be encouraging. I was just about to call it a morning when a lone buck stepped into the clearing and began crossing the powerline. Being at the right place at the right time really paid off that morning.
When scouting powerlines as potential hunting spots, be sure to look for any deer sign. My powerline stand was at an ideal location. The little valley at the bottom of the hill had a creek running through it, providing an excellent water supply. There was an old, well traveled logging road, as well as a nice laurel thicket about 50-75 yards into the woods on the side of the clearing that I placed my stand. In the wooded area on the other side of the clearing, there were numerous, productive white oak trees. Talk about a deer paradise!
Of course, not all powerline stands are as full of potential as mine, yet you see what type of things to look for when scouting. Walk the edge of the powerline clearing and look for any noticeable trails that lead to and from the clearing.
Hunting powerlines can give you more versatility when choosing the time of day you hunt. Many times, if you carefully place your stand, some powerlines are easily accessed without disturbing the entire area. Powerlines can be a great place for an all day hunt, yet still allow you to get out of your stand once in a while for a break, then easily slip back into the stand.
Powerline stands give you a break from the stiff position that you can find yourself in while hunting the close quarters of stands in the woods. Movement, scent, and sound are not as distracting to deer that are 200 yards away, as they are for deer 20 yards away.
If baiting is allowed in the region that you hunt, give the deer something to nibble on as they cross under the powerlines. Shelled corn, cob corn, and apples scattered generously on the ground will get the deer focused on the food instead of you.
In my opinion, which I am sure is not worth much, I prefer scattered bait as opposed to feeders for open hunting spaces. Deer get so in tune to feeders that they will approach the bait thrown from the feeder, yet cautiously observe their surroundings until they reach the corn and start eating. When you pour shelled corn out in a large area, open one end and allow the corn to slowly pour out as you walk. Leave a long "trail" of corn that leads up to your bait pile. Deer will begin to eat when they hit the trail of corn and are more likely to be a little less observant. This not only gives you more time, it will allow different shooting angles and opportunities.
Powerlines give you a chance to practice your rattling and grunting techniques. If you are in an area with a dominant buck, he might step into the clearing of a powerline to defend his territory if he thinks another buck is trying to intrude.
Always remember the rules of safety when hunting open powerlines. Do not shoot deer on hills or on flat ground where you are not 100% certain that there is a solid, safe backstop. Never shoot if there is any doubt about what is on the other side of your target. Many hunting stories have ended in tragedy due to careless, irresponsible hunters. Never take chances when it comes to firearm safety.
Not only do I like open spaces with plenty of long distance shooting opportunities, I enjoy sitting in my powerline stand at daybreak. Just as the first hints of light begin to flicker behind me, and crows start their morning "cawing" session, I can see the first silhouette as deer begin to move into the clearing.