Best Turkey Hunting In Georgia in 2023
Dawn of American Deer Hunting: A Photographic Odyssey of Whitetail Hunting History
Great Hunting Lodges of North America: Wingshooting's Finest Destinations
Dumb and Dumber
The Illustrated History of Guns: From First Firearms to Semiautomatic Weapons
My Paddle to the Sea: Eleven Days on the River of the Carolinas (Wormsloe Foundation Nature Book Ser.)
Z Grills ZPG-450A Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker, 6 in 1 BBQ Grill Auto Temperature Control, 450 sq inch Cooking Area, Bronze & Black Cover Included
- ★ULTIMATE 6-IN-1-- Barbecue wood fire pellet grill: bbq✓bake✓roast✓braise✓smoke✓grill
- ★FAN-FORCED CONVECTION COOKING--eliminates the need for a rotisserie and creates a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising and baking.
- ★2020 UPGRADE--Known Issues Fixed and More Precise Temperature Control and Pellet Feed Control System. The new upgrade digital control board auto ignites the grill and allows you to set the cooking temperature from 180°f to 450°f.
- ★AUTOMATED ELECTRIC FEED SYSTEM--maintains the heat for you from 180ºf to 450ºf and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it work: No more babysitting. Enjoy the cooking!
- ★HUGE GRILLING AREA--450 Square inches grilling area; 15-pound hopper capacity. Foldable working shelf; heavy duty all terrain wheels; rust proof cover & racks
- ★3 YEARS --Manufacture 3 year , please see the PDF file in & Support part for details.
- ★EASY TO USE--Electronic AUTO-Start Ignition, Digital Auto Temperature Control, LED temperature readout. Super easy cooking even for beginners. ★EASY TO CLEAN--Special Designed Waste Oil Collector to assist you with safe and easy cleanup. ★EASY TO MOVE--Upgraded cart with locking caster wheels.
- ★STAINLESS STEEL BUILT--high resistance to corrosion means a longer lasting grill, with a sleek and polished finish.
- ★100% SATISFACTION --Buy with confidence, as we offer 30-days refund/replacement and 3 years .
- ★US-BASED Brand and Customer Service--We’re a U. S-based Brand that has been making high-quality grills and smokers for more than 30 years. With warehouses in Los Angeles, California and Atlanta, Georgia, we’ve exported top-of-the-line products to Europe and all around the United States. We’re proud of what we do and stand behind everything that we build.
Custom Engraved Pocket Knife - Fishing, Camping, Hunting Knife - Personalized Gift - Perfect for Groomsmen, Birthdays, Anniversaries & More - Sturdy Wooden Handle And Sharp, Thick Blade - By Froolu
- 100% FREE ENGRAVING - THE PERFECT GIFT THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN: All Froolu products include Custom Engraving…100% FREE! Imagine the look on their face when they open this perfect gift. Click on the “Customize Now” button to start creating your own personalized gift!
- A PRACTICAL GIFT THEY’LL USE... AND NEVER LOSE! Ideal for hunting, fishing, camping and so much more…Your Froolu knife is incredibly sharp & sturdy (3.25”, 3mm thick stainless steel blade), and includes our ultra-secure & comfortable belt clip.
- MASTERFULLY ENGRAVED, IN ANY STYLE: All too often we see cheaply made knives with shoddy, amateur level engraving. With Froolu, your new custom engraved pocket knife will instantly convey quality through our impossibly accurate laser engraving process.
- WHAT WILL YOU ENGRAVE? Giving a Custom Gift, means the recipient will always remember YOU and your incredibly thoughtful gift of the Froolu Pocket Knife. What will you engrave? A name? Initials? A date? ….the choice is YOURS and only limited by your imagination.
- WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK… 100% LIFETIME GUARANTEE! We aren’t satisfied until you’re 100% happy… for LIFE! If every there is any issue at all. We’ll replace your custom knife (with the exact same knife), no questions asked - at ZERO COST to you!
Georgia Gobbler Turkey - Dixie Fowl Co Decal - 6" x 5"
- Great looking Dixie Fowl Company decal with our GA Gobbler Turkey logo.
- Decals are die cut vinyl and weather resistant.
- 6" x 5" in size.
- Get Outside and show off your Pride with Dixie Fowl Company.
Turkey Hunting with a Rifle
Interested in turkey hunting with a rifle? Read on to learn about what it takes to succeed.
Legality / Safety
The two biggest concerns of turkey hunting with a rifle are whether or not it is legal and whether or not it can be done safely. As of this writing, about 10 states allow some form of rifle hunting for turkey, but laws change each year. After making certain it is legal, a hunter should consider his or her hunting area. To be safe, a rifle hunter needs a secure backstop when making a shot. Hunting and shooting from an elevated location such as a hilltop is ideal, but not always practical. If a person's hunting area provides only flat land and thick brush, he or she should leave the rifle at home and hunt with a shotgun or bow.
A hunter who is going to take a rifle out turkey hunting needs to spend some time learning about turkey anatomy. A hunter who uses a rifle should aim at the base of the neck when this shot is presented. However, a hunter should be familiar with the location of the heart, lungs and the breast meat of the turkey in order to make a humane shot while not ruining too much meat. Most state wildlife agencies will provide diagrams showing the location of the vital organs of turkeys (and other game animals).
Some hunters choose to pursue their birds with a .22LR and shoot them in the head. If you have the skill and patience, that is fine but it is certainly a challenge. For most hunters who will be shooting into the body, a .22 Magnum probably makes a good minimum cartridge. While a .22LR can certainly push through some feathers and bones, it would be a strictly short range proposition. The .22 Hornet and .218 Bee may be the ideal choices, though deer sized cartridges will work as well. As a turkey's body is not very big, high speed bullets properly placed from .270's and other deer guns will not expand quickly enough to destroy much meat. And with a rifle, there is no shot to pick out the meat.
For hunter's who are using a rifle, a turkey decoy or two placed into an opening can be all the attraction needed to kill a turkey. Though calling is of course still helpful, a hunter can place the decoy in an obvious location, back away and wait for a gobbler to spot the decoy. A combination hen and jake decoy may be the best option.