Best Turkey Hunting Backpack in 2023
ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Grand Slam Turkey Vest Standard, Mossy Oak Obsession
ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit, Realtree Edge
- Unique organizational front shelf pocket helps keep all your gear at your fingertips
- Keep your essentials close with a drop-down rifle/bow holder pocket, quiver holders and hydration pocket and port
- Padded waist belt with two pockets and reinforced webbing to accommodate clip-style holsters
- Blaze orange rain cover included to stay safe and keep your gear dry during inclement weather conditions
- Weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz., Size: 2700 cu. in., Camo Pattern: Realtree Edge
Knight & Hale KHT0065 Run N' Gun 200-Turkey Vest Frame, Realtree Edge Frame
- 10-Point adjustment System for a custom fit for man, woman, or child. Always perfect for any body type, size, or age
- Fits close in the midsection eliminates the bagginess and looseness of other vests, so you won't get caught on limbs
- Carries Everything without weighing you down. The lightest turkey vest on the market, just over 1.5 pounds
- Cinching seat System holds the removable six-layer cushion against your butt for hands-free sitting or cinches out of the way for trekking
ALPS OutdoorZ Grand Slam Standard, Mossy Oak Bottomland
- Comfortably sit anywhere in the woods with a removable kickstand frame paired with a 3" memory foam seat
- Adjustable legs and large swivel feet helps with stability and prevents you from sinking into the ground
- Organize your calls and strikers in a variety of different sized pockets strategically placed throughout the vest
- Fully equipped for your next successful hunt, this vest has a large game bag and a blaze safety flag
- Weight with frame: 6 lbs. 14 oz. , Weight without frame: 4 lbs. 6 oz.
- Included Components: Hunting Vest
- Material Type: Polyester
ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Impact Turkey Vest Standard, Mossy Oak Obsession
- Noise reduction fabric specifically designed to help you stay as soundless as possible in the woods
- Sit-anywhere, removable seat design with easy adjustable straps to accommodate a variety of sizes
- Removable front pocket with shoulder strap for run and gun style hunts
- Fully equipped with a variety of call and striker pockets, shell loops and game bag
- Weight: 3 lbs. 15 oz. ; one size fits most
Knight & Hale Run-N-Gun 200-BL Turkey Vest - Mossy Oak Bottomland
- Lightweight - 1. 5 pounds.
- Features a 198-cubic-inch backpack that is bladder compatible, 4 zippered pouches, 5 additional pockets, a decoy sling and incorporates a MOLLE system to add on additional pouches.
- Comfortable 6-layer removable seat, too. Available in Mossy Oak Obsession and Bottomland and Real tree Edge.
Auscamotek Camo Hunting Backpack Camouflage Bag Waterproof Day Pack for Fishing Hiking Camping
- Dimensions: 19x12x8 inch 100% brushed polyester fabric with PVC waterproof coating
- Natural tree and leaf printing for maximum camouflage during hunting
- Large front pocket with 2 side water bottle pockets for storage of camo netting ghillie suit and any other hunting accessories
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps for total comfort Chest belt for better fits
- Reminds: the printing is random with different part of trunk and leaves.
Badlands Superday Hunting Backpack - Bow, Rifle, Pistol Compatible, Realtree Edge
- REALTREE UPGRADE - While the classic Superday packs more than enough punch for expert hunters, this Realtree Edge model takes it a step further; It boasts premium YYK zippers, crush-resistant buckles, and a redesigned carry boot adapted for both your bow and rifle
- RIFLE, BOW, & PISTOL COMPATIBLE - The Superday in Realtree Edge features a two-in-one rifle/bow boot combo, two side pistol holders, and 5 compression straps that give you loads of options for gear attachment; Compatible with 2-liter hydration systems
- COMFORTABLE CARRY - ThermoMold Suspension utilizes molded foam so ergonomically advanced that it virtually matches every contour of the human form; This daypack includes load lifter straps that transfer weight from your shoulders to your hips
- REALTREE EDGE CAMO - This is the first camo pattern that make hunter virtually disappear into their environment at close range, with natural elements arranged in a way to disrupt the human form at a distance
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Any damage, Badlands will replace it for free, forever; Weighs 3 lb 15 oz (1.8 kg) and measures 21 x 16 x 11 inches; Main compartment has a volume of 1440 cubic inches (23.6 L); Total volume is 1950 cubic inches (32 L); 6 pockets
Hunters Specialties H.S. Strut Turkey Vest, Realtree Xtra Green, XX-Large/3X-Large
- Multiple pockets for Calls, shells and accessories
- Large rear access pocket to carry decoys or a harvested turkey
- Hs big cheeks foam seat attached in the rear for comfort
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps & Adjustable sternum & waist straps
- Durable 300 D fabric. Vest size: large/X-Large
TENZING TZ TR18 Turkey Recliner One Size
- Light weight and easy to navigate. Color: Realtree edge. 3200 cu inches and a weight of 5lbs 4oz. Has a total of 10 compartments and 5 organization pockets
- Spring loaded adjustable aluminum legs and dual layer foam seat allow you to sit comfortable in any situation. Has a structured internal frame that holds seat rigidity. Against
- High performance air mesh back panel and shoulder straps with extra padding
- Zippered front compartment with Seven shotgun shell loops. Easy access, large back compartment makes for easy Transport of decoy and/or turkey
- Angled box call pocket with adjustable magnetic closure. Has quick-tack pockets that hold up to 3 strikers. Dual pot call compartments hold up to 4 calls. Easy to reach quick attach seat straps
Tactics and Advice for Deer Hunting in the Rain
Tips to make rainy day deer hunting productive.
Watch the Forecast
Deer hunters need to know how much rain is expected to determine a hunting strategy. A light rain will have almost no impact on deer while a driving downpour will send the deer headed for cover from the rain and wind. When heavy rain is expected, the best time to hunt is before and after the rain. In a heavy rain, hunters have a few options to get a buck. Driving deer, still hunting bedding areas, and stand hunting near bedding areas are three ideas that may work. However in most areas, heavy rain only falls for short periods of time, and hunters may be better off simply finding a dry place to watch for deer until the rain lets up.
There are two primary advantages for deer hunting in the rain that hunters should keep in mind. First, rainy days are great for still hunting. The wet ground is much quieter which can allow a hunter to move without being easily heard. Second, many hunters will simply stay home and the hunter willing to brave the weather may have little other competition.
Hunters must dress for the weather. Getting wet can quickly ruin a deer hunt, and if the temperature falls quickly, it can even be hazardous. Hunters should stock up on rain proof gear before deer season to have it on hand when needed. Guns will need wiped dry and oiled immediately after the hunt as well. A gun placed wet into a gun case will quickly begin to rust.
Stop Hunting Early
Even a gentle rain falling on wet ground will quickly wash away a blood trail. Hunters need to stop hunting well before dark to reduce the risk of losing a deer when the blood trail couldn't be followed. This is an issue earlier in the day as well, but blood trails can typically be followed more quickly in the light of day than at night and spotting a downed deer in daylight is much easier as well.