Best Tick Repellent For Hunting in 2022
Sawyer Products SP657 Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray, 24-Ounce, Yellow
- Effective against the Yellow Fever Mosquito which can transmit the Zika Virus
- Insect-killing repellent for your clothing is effective against ticks, chiggers, mites and mosquitoes including the Zika-transmitting Yellow Fever Mosquito; as effective as 100 percent DEET
- Lasts up to 6 weeks (or 6 washings); will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear
- Odorless after drying; ideal for use while hunting
- 24-ounce capacity treats up to 8 garments; non-aerosol pump bottle; color of bottle may vary
Control Solutions Inc. 36.8 % Permethrin SFR 32 oz Pest Control Insecticide
- Active Ingredient: Permethrin 36.8% Target pests: Subterranean termites, and general broad insect control.
- For use in: Residential, commerical, and recreational areas. Can not ship to CT or NY
- Application area: Perimeter treatment of lawns, ornamentals, recreation areas and athletic fields. Indoor spot, crack and crevice treatment. also labeled for kennels for fleas and ticks see label for details Yield: 20-96 gallons
$averPak JT Eaton Kills Bedbugs, Ticks & Mosquitoes Permethrin Clothing & Gear Insect Repellent Trigger Spray Gallon (128oz)
- Permethrin Clothing & Gear treatment for Protection Against Mosquitoes, Ticks & Chiggers; as effective as 100 percent DEET. Repels insects, but also kills mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, mites, and more!
- 1 Gallon capacity treats up to 40 complete outfits. Will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces or outdoor gear. For the treatment of - CLOTHING, CAMPING EQUIPMENT, MOSQUITO NETTING, NETS, TENTS, outsides of SLEEPING BAGS, BACKPACKS AND GROUND CLOTHS and More!
- Ready to use water based 0.50% permethrin spray with no mixing or further dilution required before use. Permethrin is odorless when it dries, is as effective as 100% DEET and one treatment lasts 6 weeks or 6 launderings. Drying time after treatment takes approximately 2 hours.
- This product is also registered for use in Space Spraying - For rapid control of Mosquitoes, House Flies, Fruit Flies, Gnats, Skipper Flies, Wasps, Hornets, Bees, Black Flies and Moths. For use on Dogs - To Kill and control Fleas, Ticks, and Lice AND Protects travel luggage from "Pick-Up" of bedbugs and other listed insects.
- For Indoor Application - To kill and control cockroaches, water bugs, palmetto bugs, scorpions, ants, silverfish, spiders, crickets, to control carpet beetles, to control bed bugs, to control fleas (Adult and Larvae) and ticks. To control clothes moths, To kill Lice and Louse Eggs. (See the Product Description below for a more comprehensive list of uses.) This product has no stated expiration date for use.
Benâ€™s 100% DEET Mosquito, Tick and Insect Repellent Pump Spray, Repel Insects, Maximum Long Lasting Bug Protection, Fragrance Free, TSA Approved, Airplane Travel Size, Best Full Coverage, 3.4oz
- Ben's 100% DEET mosquito, tick and insect repellent offers the maximum DEET concentration available. DEET is recommended by the CDC for protection against mosquitos, ticks and biting insects.
- Offers 10+ hours of protection against insect-transmitted diseases including Zika Virus, West Nile Virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis, Lyme Disease, and Dengue Fever and other infectious diseases.
- Ben’s 100% DEET was the first 100% DEET product in the country to be registered with the EPA. And as always, it's made in the USA.
- Easy to apply, the spray pump bottle provides thorough coverage for complete protection. Fragrance free so you'll smell the great outdoors, not your repellent.
- The 3.4-ounce spray pump fits in your pocket so you can take it anywhere. TSA-compliant size.
Proven 12 HR Insect Repellent Spray â€“ Odorless, 6oz; Protects Against Mosquitoes, Ticks and Flies; DEET Free, Non-Toxic; Safe for Children; Made in USA
- Long-Lasting Protection: Active ingredient Saltidin (Picaridin) is a non-toxic, manufactured derivative of the black pepper plant; delivers safe protection up to 12 hours. Repels mosquitoes, ticks, biting flies, gnats, chiggers, and no-see-ums.
- Non-Irritating Formula: Choose from odorless or lightly scented mosquito repellent spray and enjoy protection without skin irritation. Smooth and non-greasy formula nourishes skin.
- Safe and Non-Toxic: With low toxicity and low skin absorption, Proven 12 HR insect repellent spray is DEET free, safe for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding and babies 2 months and older. Proven is people and planet-friendly.
- Made in USA: Manufactured in EPA-approved facilities, Proven’s outdoor mosquito repellent is the highest quality. Picaridin is recommended by the EPA and CDC for protection against mosquito-borne illnesses.
- Trusted Brand: Proven was developed for health-conscious consumers; don't choose between risk of disease and risk of toxic chemicals on your body. Transparent and backed by independent studies. Feel safe and protected while enjoying the outdoors.
JT Eaton 209-W1G Kills Bedbugs, Ticks and Mosquitoes Water Based Spray with Sprayer Attachment, 1-Gallon
- Kills bed bugs, ticks and mosquitoes
- Ready to use formula
- Available in a gallon size
Control Solutions 82004501 Permethrin 10% Multi-Purpose Insectcide
- 16oz bottle
- Multi-purpose insecticide. Excellent residual activity for up to 28 days.
- Controls listed: flies, lice, fleas and mites.
- Provides knockdown, broad spectrum insecticidal effectiveness.
- Can not ship to NY (except commercial applicator)
3M SRL-12 Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion, 2 oz
- Contains 34. 34% DEET for superb protection against insect bites
- Proven to repel mosquitoes, ticks, biting flies, chiggers, gnats, fleas and deer flies
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry Sika Virus, West Nile Virus, Dengue Fever, Chikungunya and deer ticks that may carry Lyme Disease
Coleman Gear and Clothing Permethrin Insect Repellent Treatment Spray - 6 oz Can
- One 6 oz can of Coleman Gear and Clothing Permethrin Insect Repellent Treatment Spray
- Long lasting insect repellent ensures a minimum of two weeks of protection
- Tick repellent protects against ticks carrying Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Allow 2 to 4 hours for permethrin clothing treatment spray to dry before using clothing or gear
- Clothing insect repellent should not be applied to your skin
MARTIN'S Control Solutions Permethrin 10% - Multi-Purpose Insecticide - 8oz
- long lasting livestock and premise spray that provides knockdown, broad spectrum insecticide effectiveness, and excellent residual activity for up to 28 days.
- This a great product to broadcast spray indoors on carpet and upholstered furniture to help control flea or tick infestations.
- For initial clean up of severe insect infestation, dilute at the rare of 1 part concentrate in 19 parts water. For normal infestations, dilute 1 part concentrate in 100 parts water.
- Another interesting fact is the 8oz size of this product is standard issue to our Troops when they are being deployed to tropical areas used to treat there uniforms to keep bugs away.
Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent, a Strong and Effective Product that Lasts 6 Washings
A review of Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent.
What makes Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent unique is that it can be used on any type of material including clothing, tents and other outdoor gear to repel many kinds of insects. Permethrin is sprayed onto clothing (while not worn so as not to get on the skin) wet and once it dries in about 2 hours, it is odorless and tightly bonded to the microscopic fibers of the material it is sprayed on. It doesn't stain or damage the material and one application lasts for up to 6 washings. Note that once dry, permethrin will not wash off if it gets wet.
It is strongly suggested that permethrin be sprayed more liberally on shirt and pants cuffs and socks as that is the point of entry for insects. Each application uses about 6 ounces, so be sure to coat as much of the clothing as possible in addition to the cuffs and socks.
The fact that permethrin can be used to pre-treat clothing means that you do not have to worry about regulations at the airport because passengers are not allowed to carry liquid insect repellent onto planes. Airports do allow you to carry lotion type insect repellent, so you can treat your clothing with permethrin and apply lotion insect repellent to your skin for maximum protection. This is a great product for people who travel frequently, especially outside of their country due to different environments that might be more prone to insect infestation.
If you live in areas with a high density of insects, such as tropical locations, travel a lot to areas with a lot of insects, go camping or frequent outdoor picnics or barbecue during the summer, Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent might be perfect for you. I would not suggest it's for only occasional use because the application requires 6 ounces per outfit and you do not want to waste it for infrequent uses -- for those purposes, I suggest a skin/lotion-based insect repellent instead.
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient in permethrin is also called permethrin, which is a synthetic molecule similar to pyrethrum, a natural chemical found in chrysanthemum flowers. It was developed by Sawyer in cooperation with the U.S. Military, government agencies, universities and others.
Permethrin acts as neurotoxin, slowing down the nervous system. Its potency is affected by temperature -- being stronger in colder temperatures. This means that it more strongly affects cold-blooded animals (insects and fish) over warm-blooded animals (mammals and birds).
Permethrin is toxic to fish and cats but it is only dangerous in very high doses on mammals, birds and humans. I contacted a representative at Sawyer Products and asked about it being hazardous to mice, fish and cats and received the following response:
"I don't know about mice, but certainly fish and cats when IN WET FORM. That is the key. Once dry there are no harmful effects. I have never heard about mice, but perhaps they fall into the same category. When dried onto clothing it does not come off just because a person enters water so it would not be harmful to the fish when already applied to clothes."
So, apparently, permethrin is only unsafe to mice, fish and cats when it is in liquid form. Once it dries, it is supposed to be completely safe.
Permethrin does not really pose a threat to humans because it is poorly absorbed through the skin and is rapidly inactivated by the body's warm temperature. Skin reactions are uncommon.
You can know that Sawyer permethrin is a strong and effective insect repellent because even the US military uses it on the clothing of the soldiers when they go into an area more prone to attract insects, mosquitoes and malaria. Sawyer even received an EPA grant to do so. Rest assured that you are getting a great insect repellent that will work well for you.
Protection can be extended by storing the treated clothing in plastic bags between uses.
Permethrin has many other uses -- some with Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent and some with other Sawyer permethrin products. I won't go into details but here is a list of some of its other uses.
head lice (permethrin is an ingredient in most OTC lice products)
mites that cause scabies
industrial use against ants and termites
mosquitoes to prevent diseases such as dengue fever and malaria
Available Sizes amp; Where to Buy
Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent is available in a 6 Ounce Spray, 9 Ounce Non-Aerosol Spray, 12 Ounce Pump and a 24 Ounce Pump Spray. Prices start at around $8 for the 6 ounce spray up to over $12 for the 24 ounce pump spray, so it's not exactly inexpensive. The fact that each application lasts 6 washings makes it a bit more cost-effective.
You can find it at camping stores, Amazon.com and many other sites online. The lowest prices I've found are at Colonial Medical.