Best Rabbit Hunting Air Rifle in 2022
Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle .177 Cal
Haendler & Natermann H&N Rabbit Magnum Power Rounded Cylindrical Airgun Pellets .22 Caliber / 25.77 Grains (200 Count)
- Excellent for hunting and target shooting / For PCP rifles only
- Content: 200 air gun pellets
- Pellet Caliber/Weight: .22 Caliber / 25.77 Grains
- For air pistols / rifles with a minimum muzzle energy of 18.5 ft.lbs
- Screw-on lid prevents accidental pellet spills
Gamo Swarm Magnum Swarm Magnum Air Rifle
- .22 Cal high power hunting single cocking break barrel air rifle, 1300 fps with PBA Platinum
- 10X Quick-Shot patent pending technology that utilizes a 10-round rotary-style magazine, providing faster loading for repetitive shooting. Simply break open the fluted polymer jacketed rifled steel barrel and fire for lightning-quick follow-up shots.
- Magnum-powered air rifle, 33 mm cylinder and IGT MACH 1. This gas piston is an upgrade from the IGT, delivers higher muzzle velocity while keeping the advantages of the IGT: durable, less vibration, and smooth cocking
- Whisper Fusion noise supressing technology, the quietest Gamo technology.
- Gamo 3-9x40 scope with RRR (Recoil Reducing Rail) - Absorbs the recoil of the rifle increasing the lifespan of the scope
- CAT (Custom Action Trigger) - Independently adjust 1st and 2nd stages, adjust your trigger to your personal preference, make it predictable. Comfortable all-weather synthetic ambidextrous thumbhole stock
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY. Made in Barcelona, Spain
Gamo Magnum Air Rifle, .22 Caliber
- Muzzle Velocity 1300 FPS
- 3-9X40a0 scope
- Improve your knockdown power and accuracy
- Cat trigger
- Less vibration, more consistent Velocity
Gamo 6110062254 Swarm Bone Collector Air Rifle.22 Caliber
- Muzzle velocity 975 FPS
- Whisper Noise Dampening
- IGT 10X Quick Shot
- SAT trigger and 4X32 optics
- SWA Recoil Pad
Ruger Blackhawk Combo air rifle
- caliber: 0.177
- velocity: 1000.00 ft/sec
- Warranty: One year limited warranty
- Includes 4x32 Scope
Gamo 6110063354 Swarm Fusion 10X GEN2 Air Rifle, .177 Caliber
- Muzzle velocity 1300 FPS
- Whisper Fusion Noise Dampening
- IGT 10X GEN2 Quick Shot
- CAT trigger and 3-9X40 optics
- SWA Recoil Pad
Crosman Phantom NP CPNP22SX Nitro Piston Tech Hunting Air Rifle w/4x32 Scope
- Shoots .22 Caliber Pellets
- Velocity (fps): 950 Pellet
- Rifled steel barrel
- Two-stage adjustable trigger
- CenterPoint 4x32 rifle scope and fiber optic sights
880 Powerline Air Rifle Kit, Dark Brown/Black, 37.6 Inch
- 880 air rifle kit includes safety glasses, 4x15-millimeter scope with rings, 500 Daisy pellets, and 750 BBs
- Multi-pump pneumatic rifle .177 Cal BB or pellet
- Wood-grained Monte Carlo stock and forearm
- Shoots BBs 750 feet per second; shoots pellets 715 feet per second
- 50 shot BB capacity
- Fiber optics front sight, adjustable rear sight
- PLEASE NOTE: for each shot the bolt must be cycled before it will pump air
- Crossbolt trigger block safety
- One Year Limited Warranty
Haendler & Natermann Hornet Pointed Airgun Pellets, High-Impact, Super-Penetrating for Hunting.22 Caliber, 16 Grains (200 Count), Gray (PY-P-1206)
- INCOMPARABLE PENETRATION: The Hornet provides incredible penetration, thanks to its pointed tip that’s made from real brass. Try it, and you’ll find there’s simply no comparison.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: The Hornet creates a super snug fit inside the barrel of your .22 cal airgun, providing precision that makes it extremely accurate every time, for a consistent and reliable shooting experience.
- PERFECT FOR HUNTING: The Hornet’s incredible penetration, velocity, accuracy, and expansion make it a truly devastating hunting pellet. One shot is all you need for a range of medium game and bird game, including raccoon, hare, fox, duck, and pheasant.
- EXCELLENT AT CLOSE RANGE: The Hornet .22 cal is remarkably accurate within 40 yards, making it ideal for backyard vermin extermination.
- PRECISELY CRAFTED: Engineered and manufactured to exacting standards, each pellet is guaranteed for maximum quality and accuracy. Even the container is carefully designed and crafted, with a screw-on lid to prevent accidental pellet spills.
- included components: Airgun Ammo
Using Air Rifles to Hunt Deer in Missouri
This article discusses a recent change in hunting laws that allow hunters to take deer with air rifles.
Air rifles differ from traditional high-powered deer rifles in several respects.
The muzzle velocity of a bullet exiting an air rifle is about 1/4 that a a center-fire rifle. This reduces the distance at which a deer can be taken from beyond 200 yards to between 40 and 100 yards. Hunting deer with an air rifle is somewhere between hunting with a bow and a muzzle-loader in terms of distances that can result in a clean kill.
An air rifle can weigh in at eight pounds or more.
These firearms are typically somewhat longer than a traditional deer rifle. At this time, modern high-powered air rifles are single shot. They are loaded by dropping a fresh bullet into the breech and closing it. This makes them much easier and faster to load than a muzzle loader using black powder. Some air rifles shoot a lead hollow point bullet. Others are loaded with lead balls.
Like a bow hunter, hunters with air rifles have to aim for the deer's lungs to kill the deer quickly.
If both lungs are hit, the deer will drop in just seconds. Like all forms of deer hunting, hunters should work to do more than just injure the deer. Deer that are hit should be tracked, if possible, the kill completed cleanly.
Because of the relatively slow velocity of the bullet, hunters using air rifles need to allow for much more drop of the bullet as distances increase .
Practice with the gun is mandatory if you plan to be able to hit your target at distances near or above 50 yards. Compensation for the effect of gravity and air drag are necessary for accuracy. The good news is that these rifles are quiet enough when shot that the opportunity for a second or even third shot is possible.
Air rifles are slowly finding a niche in the urban and suburban areas where hunts are allowed to reduce deer populations.
These guns are much more quiet than their high-powered counterparts. Since the bullet drops faster and has less power behind it, less unplanned property damage and personal injury results from bullets that miss the target.
Low, J. (2020). "Air gunomics." Missouri Conservationist: 71(10) October 2020.