Best Merino Wool Hunting Clothing in 2023
3 Pairs Thermal 80% Merino Wool Socks Hiking Crew, black, gray, brown, menâ€™s shoe size 9-12, womenâ€™s 11-13
RealTree Heavyweight Merino Wool Tall All Season Boot Socks 1 Pair, Large, Tan/Olive
- Full cushion leg and foot
- Over the calf length knit with high quality merino wool
- Wicks moisture to keep feet dry, warm and comfortable
- Reinforced heel and toe so socks are long lasting and durable
- Stay up leg and top for comfort
Merino 365 Merino Longsleeve with Thumbloops, Large, Ochre
- Perfect for anyone spending time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, anything outside, merino is the smartest thing you can wear
- Machine wash and dry normal; Made from 100% New Zealand merino; Perfect baselayer for next to skin
- Temperature regulating, this shirt will keep you more comfortable longer, it will amaze you
- Merino 365 merino is sustainable, ethically produced, so if you give a care about the environment then stop buying gross inferior poly based fabrics and buy mind-blowing merino
- Made in Fiji, New Zealand, and China. Merino 365 sends out New Zealand bought merino to areas around the world to be ethically produced
MERIWOOL Mens Base Layer 100% Merino Wool Thermal Pants Charcoal Gray
- Package Includes: 1 - Men’s 250g/m² merino wool thermal leggings – Charcoal Gray/L
- SUPER SOFT: 100% all natural superfine 18.5-micron Merino wool ensures comfort all day long – no itch! EASY CARE: Your thermal pants are machine-washable on cold setting and safe to tumble dry on low heat with like colors, so it’s ready when you are for your next adventure. MEN’S SIZE OPTIONS: XS to 3XL.
- BREATHABLE: Keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter, MERIWOOL’s 250g/m2 weight interlock-knit Merino wool can be used as a base layer or mid-layer, but won’t weigh you down. COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT: Quick-drying pants feature a loop for hang drying while camping, hiking, hunting, working, playing sports, skiing, or partaking in any outdoors activity.
- WICKING & ODOR RESISTANCE: Merino wool’s natural wicking and odor-resistant properties keep you dry and comfortable in hot or cold weather. Through the process of wicking, Merino wool is the most breathable fabric and absorbs moisture better than any other fibers. Wicking refers to a fabric’s ability to pull moisture away from your body and keep you comfortable.
- EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER CARE: If your MERIWOOL Men’s Leggings don’t perform to your satisfaction, return it to us within 30 DAYS with proof of purchase for a hassle-free refund, exchange, or replacement. Includes a 1-YEAR limited manufacturer’s warranty, which covers manufacturing and material defects. For best results: hand wash and lay flat to dry.
Darn Tough Hiker Boot Sock Cushion, LIME, L - Men's
- Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters. True Seamless: Undetectable seam fusion for an ultrasmooth, invisible feel.
- Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique "put it on, forget it's on" feel.
- Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying; Naturally Antimicrobial: Repels bacteria and odor.
- Merino Wool: The ultimate fiber for breathability and comfort in all conditions.
- Still made in Vermont, USA. Still unconditionally guaranteed for life.
EnerWear 4 Pack Women's Merino Wool Outdoor Hiking Trail Crew Sock (US Shoe Size 4-10Â½, Violet/Gray/Multi)
- Size: US 9-11/Shoe Size 4-10½.
- Made of high quality wool material, to keep your feet at optimal level warmth.
- Designed for extreme weather conditions, great cold weather gear for outdoor activities and sports like skiing. Terry-loop cushioning throughout the entire foot, making the socks suitable for hiking, mountaineering, outdoor camping, cycling and longtime outdoor work.
- Package contains 4 pairs of multicolored socks.They are elastic and perfectly make it suitable for your feet.
- Due to the Suitable Length, the Socks Are Easily Match with All Kinds of Shoes, Especial Boots and Sneakers.
Alvada 80% Merino Wool Hiking Socks Thermal Warm Crew Winter Sock for Men Women 3 Pairs ML
- MAKE HIKING A COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE These Merino wool hiking socks are built to provide you with total support and comfort during your hiking trips, no matter the weather. Each pair of these hiking socks is ideal for the rugged terrain, allowing these to be great mens or women's hiking socks
- ITCH FREE MATERIAL These wool hiking socks come blended with nylon to promote a comfortable, itch free experience. Ultra comfortable, these women and mens hiking socks won't cause you to pause in your step to scratch at your foot or readjust the calf height sock
- KEEP YOUR FEET WARM DURING COLD WINTER HIKES With these hiking socks, women and men alike can enjoy the comfortable warmth that these cozy socks provide. Especially good for the colder months, each winter sock in the pair of men and womens wool socks will keep out the cold and moisture that wintertime often affords
- SUPERIOR CUSHIONING IN THE FOOTBED These mens and womens hiking socks offer a shaped cushioning in their footbed to promise a more comfortable trek up the mountain. Through the use of these mens wool socks, women and men can enjoy less fatigue and pain in their feet after a long day of hiking in these ladies wool socks
- SIMPLE TO CARE FOR When you get home, these wool socks mens accessories can be washed easily. Just put these women and mens hiking socks in the wash on cold and these wool socks will be good to go
MERIWOOL Mens Base Layer - 100% Merino Wool Midweight Long Sleeve Thermal Shirt
- Package Includes: 1 - Men’s 250g/m² merino wool thermal crewneck top – Black/XXL
- SUPER SOFT: 100% all natural superfine 18.5-micron Merino wool ensures comfort all day – no itch! EASY CARE: Mid-weight long sleeve crew top shirt is machine-washable and dryer-safe, so it’s ready when you are for your next adventure. MEN’S SIZE OPTIONS: XS to 3XL.
- BREATHABLE: Keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter, 250g/m2 weight interlock-knit Merino wool can be used as a base layer or mid-layer, but won’t weigh you down. EASY CARE: Mid-weight long sleeve crew top shirt is machine-washable on cold setting and safe to tumble dry on low heat, so it’s ready when you are for your next adventure.
- WICKING & ODOR RESISTANCE: Merino wool’s natural wicking and odor-resistant properties keep you dry and comfortable while active in cold weather. Through the process of wicking, Merino wool is the most breathable fabric and absorbs moisture better than any other fibers. Wicking refers to a fabric’s ability to pull moisture away from your body and keep you comfortable.
- EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER CARE: If your MERIWOOL Men’s Crew Top doesn’t perform to your satisfaction, return it to us within 30 DAYS along with proof of purchase for a hassle-free refund, exchange, or replacement. Includes a 1-YEAR limited manufacturer’s warranty, which covers manufacturing and material defects. Washer/dryer safe. For best results: hand wash and lay flat to dry.
Realtree Boys Merino Boot Socks Pack (2 Pair), Assorted Colors, Small
- Superior moisture control
- Reinforced heel and toe for added durability
- Size Small - Shoe Size 12-3.5 - Typical Age 5-10 Years
- 2 pair pack
- Full cushion leg and foot
- Arch support for added fit
- Stay up leg and top; Reinforced heel and toe; Made in USA
FUN TOES 3 pairs thermal insulated 80% merino wool socks men's, hiking size 8-12 (1 Black/ 1 Brown /1 Green)
- MADE OF 80% premium merino wool socks 15% nylon, 5% spandex
- MIDWEIGHT: specially for hiking, trekking, outdoor trail crew, winter sports or severe weather
- STRONG & DURABLE: carefully knitted with reinforced toes and heel and fully cushioned
- FITS Men’s shoe size 8-12 Sock size 7 -13
- Machine washable Wash with Cold-warm water inside out. Do not put it in dryer
Looking for Deer Hunting Tips: Don't Get Caught with Buck Fever
Ever heard of the story of the hunter walking right off the tree stand forgetting it is 13 feet off the ground? (Thank god for safety straps.) How about the time someone seemed paralyzed and couldn't even get the rifle up.
What is Buck Fever?
Just for the fun of it I did a search on it. Hunters know what it is. Doctors seem to think it is the elevated heart rate you get when you are out of shape, excited or physically exerting yourself after a year-long treatment of inactivity and office work. I even had a definition that included a heart attack due to deer hunting exertion. I think the true meaning of the word is kind of lost on those guys.
What I think of when I think of Buck Fever is the excitement, the elevated heart rate, the escalated breathing when your target comes into view. The moment you have been waiting for, training for, preparing for and drooling over since last fall! But the trouble is your nervous system is on overdrive and you seem to lose logic, capability and control...making for a very poor hunting story later or worse yet an injury to yourself or the game.
The Yoga of hunting
I have heard some pretty interesting ideas over the years on how to overcome this. Maybe we should call this stuff the Yoga of hunting...that is learning to control and override your body's reactions.
Trophy whitetail hunting
I have a friend who hunts for trophy whitetail and when he is in target practice, he runs around until he is breathing heavy and practically panting and then picks up his bow. He says it mimics the real thing. If you can control your heavy breathing, racing heart and hit the target, you might be better prepared for what that might feel like when the real situation arises. This may look silly, but nothing is more depressing than watching that Big One get away due to poor control of response out there.
Control the breath
I haven't tried that one, but the thing I find most useful is controlling my breath. The slowing of the breath, the deep inhalation and the focusing on the breathing makes my heart slow down and my mind stop racing. Then I remind myself mentally to take my time. If the shot is not ideal I don't take it. I have faith that there will be another opportunity and another day. I don't want to risk injury to such a fine specimen because I couldn't calm down. Hunting is legitimate, unnecessary injury is disastrous.
You see part of the problem in Buck Fever, is the mind takes control. Visions of hunting stories, trophies, antler chandeliers and so forth come bursting forward. The pressure is also created by the time line restrictions. Maybe this is your last weekend out there. So you are all pressured up to not fail, which in some ways make you more likely to fail.
If you want to keep your mind busy, try visualizing the exact movement you will take in every point of entry where a buck may come forth. Tree stand time can be a little tedious anyway, so can't hurt to give the mind a little exercise. Make this exercise as realistic as possible. If you can almost smell the deer and feel the cool breeze on your face, and the excitement: then you are doing visualization correctly. Some people I know even try to pick the exact hair to aim at. Details such as head up, head down, deer standing still versus walking slowly all these can add to the realistic nature of the exercise and the amount that this will help you when the time comes. Visualization and mental imagery is used in all athletic fields to train the mind and the body about the outcome, it is no different here.
And for gosh sakes, if you see the deer of a lifetime and have decided to take the shot, NEVER look at the antlers again! Focus on the vitals and only the vitals. Never get distracted by the head again. This may be where the excitement is, but if you can't focus on what is important here, you will be having another "I almost had it" story to tell.
Good luck and may your trophy whitetail hunt be successful.
Dr. Judy McFarlen, is the author of DiyDeerFoofPlots.com a Canadian Veterinarian with 20 years experience. Do you know what is Buck Fever? Get some Deer Hunting Tips. Don't get caught with Buck Fever.