10 Best Hunting Knife Skinning Deer
Updated on: May 2023
Best Hunting Knife Skinning Deer in 2023
Outdoor Edge Wild LITE Super Compact 6-Piece Hunting Knife Kit for Field Dressing Game, Lightweight Hard Case, Blaze-Orange High Visibility Non-Slip Handles, Full Tang Razor-Sharp Stainless Blades
Elk Ridge - Outdoors 2-PC Fixed Blade Hunting Knife Set - Black Stainless Steel Skinner and Gut Hook Blades, Camo Coated Nylon Fiber Handles, Nylon Sheath - Hunting, Camping, Survival - ER-300CA
- Set of two hunting knives includes 7-inch straight edge hunting/skinning knife and 6-1/2-inch gut hook knife
- Blades made of 440 stainless steel for excellent hardness and edge retention
- 7-inch knife with camo ABS handle with lanyard hole; 6-1/2-inch knife with camo ABS handle and finger hole
- Black nylon dual carry sheath for easy and safe carry
Mossberg Fixed Blade Knife, All in One Skinning Knife with Gut-Hook, for Hunters and Outdoors Enthusiasts
- HUNTERS LOVE THIS KNIFE: The reviews are in and hunters agree this knife is an excellent choice when it comes to skinning game, especially deer.
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: This knife is lighter and shorter than many other hunting knives making it easier to handle. The included black Mossberg knife sheath is built to handle the demands of serious hunters.
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADE: The 3-1/2-inch blade is made from stainless steel, which is designed to be used several times without having to sharpen it after every use, and features an excellent gut hook. The blade also features an anti-glare finish.
- SIZED TO GET THE JOB DONE: The overall length of the Mossberg Fixed Blade Knife is 6 3/4 inches with the blade measuring 3 1/2 inches. The unique shape of this knife makes the skinning of deer easier than many other larger knives.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT: When it comes to buying a gift for a hunter or outdoorsman you just can’t go wrong with a good knife. Perfect for birthdays or holidays.
Outdoor Edge RazorBlaze, RB-20, 3.5" Replaceable Blade Folding Hunting Knife, Non-Slip Rubberized TPR Handle, Mossy Oak Nylon Sheath (Blaze Orange)
- OUTDOOR EDGE'S RAZORSAFE REPLACEMENT BLADE HUNTING KNIFE - sharpest, strongest, replacement razor knife available. Blades change safely and easily at the push of a button.
- BLADE - comes with 6 razor sharp 3.5"-long Japanese heat-treated 420J2 stainless steel blades. Requires Outdoor Edge 3.5" replacement blades (Model No. RR-6).
- HANDLE - rubberized blaze orange TPR gives non-slip grip even when wet.
- SHEATH: Black nylon sheath/holster
- WEIGHT - 6.4 onces. OVERALL LENGTH - 8"
Buck Knives 0536RWG Open Season Skinner Guthook Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath, Rosewood
- Full tang construction
- 420HC stainless steel blade
- Contoured Red wood handle with large choil for secure grip
- Advanced Edge2x blade technology
- Forever Warranty
Outdoor Edge Wild Pak Complete 8-Piece Hunting Knife Kit for Field Dressing Game, Compact Lightweight Case, Blaze-Orange High Visibility Non-Slip Handles, Full Tang Razor-Sharp Stainless Blades
- COMPLETE COMPACT PREMIUM FIELD DRESSING KIT – Includes every tool you need to butcher game in the field or at home with ease. The case is tough, compact, thin and lightweight. At just over 2 pounds, your tools will stay organized and fit nicely into your backpack. The total hunt includes a license, a weapon and this kit.
- PROCESS GAME FAST with RAZOR SHARP TOP-QUALITY KNIVES -- For over 30 years, Denver based OUTDOOR EDGE has lead the industry in innovation, all in the pursuit of creating the finest hunting knives. The caping, skinning, and boning knives have full-tang 420J2 stainless steel extremely strong thin blades that have been heat treated and hand finished to create a razor-sharp edge. The tungsten carbide sharpener will always keep your knives sharp and ready.
- SAFETY FIRST and SUPERIOR VISIBILITY -- The rubberized TPR handles provide a comfortable non-slip sturdy grip when wet. The rubber grabs your fingers making it easier to make precision cuts. The blaze-orange handles offer superior visibility making them easy to find in tall grass or in the dark.
- ALL ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES – kit also includes a T-handle bone saw, rib spreader, tungsten carbide sharpener, and cleaning gloves.
- GREAT GIFT – The Wild Pak game processing kit makes a great gift for both beginning and seasoned hunters. They will love the kit and you will appreciate the affordable price.
Gerber Moment Field Dress Kit I [31-002218]
- Full tang construction
- Textured rubber handle scales
- Glass bead blade finish
- Fine edge blades
- Nylon sheath with metal snaps
Elk Ridge - Outdoors 3-PC Hunting Knife Set - Satin Finish Stainless Steel Blades, Black Nylon Fiber Handles, Includes Combo Sheath - Hunting, Camping, Survival - ER-252
- 3 Piece Set
- 7" & 9" Knife And 8.25" Saw ,440 Stainless Steel Blade
- Black Plastic Handles
- Includes Nylon Pouch
- Hunting Knife Set
RC 4 Piece Hunting Knife Set â€“ Game Processing Kit Butcher Knife Sets for Meat Processing Hunting Field Dressing Kit
- GAME MEAT PROCESSING MADE EASY: Become more self-sufficient in your hunting excursions with the Redneck Convent Game Processing Knife Set Butchering Knives – 4 Piece Hunting Knife Kit; Each game cleaning kit includes 4 sharp deer gutting knives to effortlessly clean and process small and big game meat faster; Great gift for the avid hunter in your life
- CONFIDENTLY PROCESS MEAT IN THE FIELD: From start to finish, this deer skinning knife set includes everything you will need to get the job done; Use the gut hook knives to slice open skin and fat without piercing vital organs while using the deeply curved blades to remove hides; Easily cut through sternum and pelvis bones with the serrated edge of the bone saw, then use the caping knife with its thin fixed blade and fine point for precise, detailed cuts and for dissecting muscle from bone
- BUILT TO LAST: Each blade is constructed of heat-treated 3CR13 stainless steel for superior edge retention and a natural resistance to corrosion; Thick, rubberized handles conform to your hand while non-slip grips offer a secure hold even when wet; Field dressing saw and small gutting knife feature T-shaped handles to allow straight wrist cutting for increased comfort and control; These deer skinning knives are ideal for military, hunting, camping, survival, and industrial situations
- COMPLETE DEER PROCESSING KIT: 4 durable butcher knives are included in this field dressing knife set for hunting; 7 inch (17.8 cm) caping field knife features a 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) pointed blade; 9.5 inch (24.1 cm) hunting bone saw features a 7 inch (17.8 cm) serrated edge; 9 inch (22.9 cm) hunting knife with gut hook has a 4.5 inch (11.4 cm) blade, while the 5.5 inch (14 cm) gutting knife has a 3 inch (7.6 cm) blade; Nylon storage pouch included for easy transportation
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Constructed of nylon, the black storage pouch ensures that your skinning knives for hunting and camping stay organized; Whether going on a hunting trip or surviving the apocalypse, these meat processing knives and compact storage holster fit in your day pack, rucksack, or bugout bag; Storage pouch also features snap on belt loop to stay on you at all times
Gerber Vital Skin and Gut Knife [31-002743]
- Highly visual, orange rubber handle is easy to spot + grip.
- Unique blade shape + gut hook allow for ease in dressing big game.
- Intuitive finger grooves are ergonomic, saving time + body strain.
- Included fabric sheath hooks onto a belt for speedy access on the go.
- Don't be without it on the big hunt.
Best Fixed Blade Hunting Knives
A fixed blade hunting knife is the best hunting knife for those who hunt large animals and field dress. Here's why and which brands and features to consider.
Note: My husband and many men prefer the more compact folding knives, many of which lock open.
Best Clip Point Blade Hunting Knives
Clip point blade hunting knives are the most utilitarian and work best with smaller animals when hunting.
USMC Fighting Knife
Black epoxy coated high carbon steel, blade length 7". The coating aids in durability in the field. Cost $72.95
SOG Northwest Ranger Hunting Knife
Slip proof handle, 440A Power Coated Stainless Steel 5." Partially serrated Blade. Cost 79.77
Best Drop Point Blade Hunting Knives
Drop point blade hunting knives are used when hunting larger animals where sturdiness is needed when field dressing the animal.
Boker Integral Drop Point Hunting Knife
Riveted Palisander wood handle, 440C Stainless Steel Blade, Cost $158.00
Master Hunter Hunting Knife by Cold Steel
Blade length 4.75", handle same. VG1 Steel Blade. Cost $101.95
Best Drop Point Blade Hunting Knives with Gut Hooks
A gut hook on a hunting knife can help remove the guts without spoiling the meat of the animal when butchering.
Case Gut Hook Hunting Knife
Made of surgical steel, blade length 4". Comes with 90 Manufacturer Warranty. Cost $106.20
Buck Alpha Gut Hook Hunting Knife
Rosewood handle, ATS-34 Steel blade. Cost $89.97
Best Skinning Hunting Knives
A skinning knife is a special purpose hunting knife that can make the job of skin removal quick and easy.
Moran Drop Point Skinning Knife from Spyderco
Made of VG-10 Stainless steel, it has a rubbery handle that helps prevent slips. Comes with 90 day Manufacturer Warranty. Cost $86.95.
Browning Featherweight Skinner with Gut Hook
Zytel handle with AUS-8A Stainless Steel Blade, Cost $68.77
Best Serrated Edge Hunting Knives
Serrated edge hunting knives help saw through bones when butchering an animal in the field. Very few people do this and many times the serrated edge makes it tougher to sharpen the knife.
Cabela's Alaska Guide Serrated Edge Gut Hook Hunting Knife
Rubberized handle with brass butt and guard, made of SV30 Steel, Cost $94.99
Chances are that unless you are the most avid hunter and spend weeks in the field living off the land, the clip point hunting knives are the most useful hunting knives to purchase. Whichever you buy, I hope this guide of the best in terms of steel blade, price, and user rating that you find a hunting knife targeted to your needs.