Best Hunting Knife For Field Dressing in 2022
Outdoor Edge Wild LITE Super Compact 6-Piece Hunting Knife Kit for Field Dressing Game, Lightweight Hard Case, Blaze-Orange High Visibility Non-Slip Handles, Full Tang Razor-Sharp Stainless Blades
polaris Field Dressing Kit for Hunters, Anglers. 3-Piece Skinning Knives
- BE PREPARED FOR THE GAME: This set of knives is ready to go when you are ready to hunt. Bring them along and you’ll be ready to field dress that dear or elk once you bag it. It’s also a great set for fishing. Use them to gut and clean your fish.
- KNIVES INCLUDED IN THE SET: 8Cr18MoV steel blades including an 8-inch skinner knife, a 6-3/4-inch caping knife, a 5-inch gut hook. Each knife is built with durable orange handles for visibility and the specially designed grips help maintain control.
- THE SHEATH: Our sheath is constructed with 1680d nylon fabric with Polaris woven label, black rivets, black snaps with Polaris Star Logo, PVC liners, and a high-quality #8 zipper. This sheath also includes a belt loop for easy access and convenience.
- LOOKS GREAT: You will look and feel good wearing or carrying this knife set with you on any outdoor adventure. You’ll have confidence knowing that the Polaris brand is at your hip and ready for action the moment you need it.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT: This 3 piece set with sheath makes a great gift for anyone who enjoys the outdoors, hunting, fishing or adventuring. These knives are designed for field dressing, but they can be used for so much more. Get a set for yourself too.
RC 4 Piece Hunting Knife Set â€“ Game Processing Kit Butcher Knife Sets for Meat Processing Hunting Field Dressing Kit
- GAME MEAT PROCESSING MADE EASY: Become more self-sufficient in your hunting excursions with the Redneck Convent Game Processing Knife Set Butchering Knives – 4 Piece Hunting Knife Kit; Each game cleaning kit includes 4 sharp deer gutting knives to effortlessly clean and process small and big game meat faster; Great gift for the avid hunter in your life
- CONFIDENTLY PROCESS MEAT IN THE FIELD: From start to finish, this deer skinning knife set includes everything you will need to get the job done; Use the gut hook knives to slice open skin and fat without piercing vital organs while using the deeply curved blades to remove hides; Easily cut through sternum and pelvis bones with the serrated edge of the bone saw, then use the caping knife with its thin fixed blade and fine point for precise, detailed cuts and for dissecting muscle from bone
- BUILT TO LAST: Each blade is constructed of heat-treated 3CR13 stainless steel for superior edge retention and a natural resistance to corrosion; Thick, rubberized handles conform to your hand while non-slip grips offer a secure hold even when wet; Field dressing saw and small gutting knife feature T-shaped handles to allow straight wrist cutting for increased comfort and control; These deer skinning knives are ideal for military, hunting, camping, survival, and industrial situations
- COMPLETE DEER PROCESSING KIT: 4 durable butcher knives are included in this field dressing knife set for hunting; 7 inch (17.8 cm) caping field knife features a 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) pointed blade; 9.5 inch (24.1 cm) hunting bone saw features a 7 inch (17.8 cm) serrated edge; 9 inch (22.9 cm) hunting knife with gut hook has a 4.5 inch (11.4 cm) blade, while the 5.5 inch (14 cm) gutting knife has a 3 inch (7.6 cm) blade; Nylon storage pouch included for easy transportation
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Constructed of nylon, the black storage pouch ensures that your skinning knives for hunting and camping stay organized; Whether going on a hunting trip or surviving the apocalypse, these meat processing knives and compact storage holster fit in your day pack, rucksack, or bugout bag; Storage pouch also features snap on belt loop to stay on you at all times
Outdoor Edge Wild Pak Complete 8-Piece Hunting Knife Kit for Field Dressing Game, Compact Lightweight Case, Blaze-Orange High Visibility Non-Slip Handles, Full Tang Razor-Sharp Stainless Blades
- COMPLETE COMPACT PREMIUM FIELD DRESSING KIT – Includes every tool you need to butcher game in the field or at home with ease. The case is tough, compact, thin and lightweight. At just over 2 pounds, your tools will stay organized and fit nicely into your backpack. The total hunt includes a license, a weapon and this kit.
- PROCESS GAME FAST with RAZOR SHARP TOP-QUALITY KNIVES -- For over 30 years, Denver based OUTDOOR EDGE has lead the industry in innovation, all in the pursuit of creating the finest hunting knives. The caping, skinning, and boning knives have full-tang 420J2 stainless steel extremely strong thin blades that have been heat treated and hand finished to create a razor-sharp edge. The tungsten carbide sharpener will always keep your knives sharp and ready.
- SAFETY FIRST and SUPERIOR VISIBILITY -- The rubberized TPR handles provide a comfortable non-slip sturdy grip when wet. The rubber grabs your fingers making it easier to make precision cuts. The blaze-orange handles offer superior visibility making them easy to find in tall grass or in the dark.
- ALL ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES – kit also includes a T-handle bone saw, rib spreader, tungsten carbide sharpener, and cleaning gloves.
- GREAT GIFT – The Wild Pak game processing kit makes a great gift for both beginning and seasoned hunters. They will love the kit and you will appreciate the affordable price.
Elk Ridge - Outdoors 3-PC Hunting Knife Set - Satin Finish Stainless Steel Blades, Black Nylon Fiber Handles, Includes Combo Sheath - Hunting, Camping, Survival - ER-252
- 3 Piece Set
- 7" & 9" Knife And 8.25" Saw ,440 Stainless Steel Blade
- Black Plastic Handles
- Includes Nylon Pouch
- Hunting Knife Set
Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 4.1-Inch, Orange
- Versatile fixed-blade outdoor knife with a 4.1-inch hardened Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade is ideal for carving, food prep, and cutting tinder
- High-quality Swedish steel is razor sharp and exceptionally tough; stainless steel blade stays sharp longer than carbon steel, and is less prone to rust
- Patterned, high-friction grip sits comfortably in the hand, for greater control, safety, and performance, especially in wet and cold conditions
- Blade length: 4.1 inches (104 mm), blade thickness: 0.1 inch (2.5 mm), overall length: 8.6 inches (218 mm), weight w/ sheath: 4.1 oz. (116 g)
- Includes a color-matching plastic sheath with belt clip; manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty; made in Sweden
Elk Ridge - Outdoors 2-PC Fixed Blade Hunting Knife Set - Black Stainless Steel Skinner and Gut Hook Blades, Camo Coated Nylon Fiber Handles, Nylon Sheath - Hunting, Camping, Survival - ER-300CA
- Set of two hunting knives includes 7-inch straight edge hunting/skinning knife and 6-1/2-inch gut hook knife
- Blades made of 440 stainless steel for excellent hardness and edge retention
- 7-inch knife with camo ABS handle with lanyard hole; 6-1/2-inch knife with camo ABS handle and finger hole
- Black nylon dual carry sheath for easy and safe carry
Buck Knives 0536RWG Open Season Skinner Guthook Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath, Rosewood
- Full tang construction
- 420HC stainless steel blade
- Contoured Red wood handle with large choil for secure grip
- Advanced Edge2x blade technology
- Forever Warranty
Gerber Vital Skin and Gut Knife [31-002743]
- Highly visual, orange rubber handle is easy to spot + grip.
- Unique blade shape + gut hook allow for ease in dressing big game.
- Intuitive finger grooves are ergonomic, saving time + body strain.
- Included fabric sheath hooks onto a belt for speedy access on the go.
- Don't be without it on the big hunt.
Gerber Moment Field Dress Kit I [31-002218]
- Full tang construction
- Textured rubber handle scales
- Glass bead blade finish
- Fine edge blades
- Nylon sheath with metal snaps
How to Field Dress a Deer in 10 Easy Steps
Are you a new hunter? Learn how to field dress a deer for transport and the butcher in the quick and easy guide to deer field dressing.
Before getting started, be warned that preparing a deer involves work. You will find it's cleaner and less awkward of a project if you remove your hunting gear and pull your sleeves out of the way. Not needed but highly recommended is the usage of disposable gloves which serves the double function of protecting your hands from getting in immediate touch with the blood and bowels of the deer and additionally as a barrier to the possible transmission of contractible disease.
It is imperative to remove the guts from the deer as soon as possible after the kill. By getting rid of the organs you will allow a high volume of blood and the bulk of the digestive tract fluids to be taken out. Due to the acidic nature of the digestive tract system, the bowels including the stomach should be taken out promptly to prevent digestive fluids from ruining the meat. Field dressing allows the meat to cool quicker and to resist decomposition that can be accelerated by the coagulating blood and caustic stomach acids. Dressing your deer at the hunting site makes the deer easier to haul off because you will have taken out excess weight.
Some Things To Think Of Before You Begin
1. Dress your deer as soon as possible
2. Keep the exposed internal body cavity clear of dirt and contaminants. This is important.
3. Use caution if you're planning on taking out the deer scent gland. Scent glands can easily ruin the meat if botched up during removal. Even though taking out the gland isn't required some hunters remove it. Many hunters even keep the gland for a kind of deer pheromone to draw deer when hunting afterwards.
Field Dressing In 10 Simple Steps
1. Position the deer on its back keeping the shoulders above the hindquarters.
2. Pull apart the back legs.
3. Make an incision along the middle line of the stomach from the rib cage chest plate to the rectum cutting first through the skin and secondly through the abdomen muscular tissue. Avoid rupturing the stomach or guts.
4. Slice through the chest plate. Continue the slice along the neck until you reach the end of the jaw to take out as much windpipe as feasible. Be mindful that the windpipe can spoil rapidly and ruin the meat.
5. Slice around the rectum and move it into the deer body. You will need to be careful to not break the bladder.
6. Work the intestines and stomach free from the deer and roll them out.
7. Next break the pelvis and slice around the diaphragm.
8. Break the sternum to allow access to the esophagus and windpipe and cut them above the lungs.
9. Remove the heart and lungs from the torso cavity.
10. Let the blood in the body run out and keep the chest exposed awhile to allow the body to cool faster.
If you remember to follow these field dressing steps to dress deer, antelope, elk, or moose you'll find that you will have cleaner deer meat with a better taste to match.