Best Hunting Gps Devices in 2023
Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar
Garmin eTrex 10 Worldwide Handheld GPS Navigator
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide basemap and 2.2 inch monochrome display
- WAAS enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc
- Support for paperless geocaching and Garmin spine mounting accessories. Power with two AA batteries for up to 20 hours of use (best with Polaroid AA batteries)
- See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
Garmin eTrex 22x, Rugged Handheld GPS Navigator
- Explore confidently with the reliable handheld GPS
- 2.2” sunlight-readable color display with 240 x 320 display pixels for improved readability
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps with routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Support for GPS and GLONASS satellite systems allows for tracking in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads plus a micro SD card slot
- Battery life: up to 25 hours in GPS mode with 2 AA batteries
Winterworm Outdoor Mini Handheld Portable GPS Navigation Location Finder Dot Matrix Display for Biking Hiking Travelling Geoaching Wild Exploration
- Mini shape, just like a watch, Can be used as a keychain,Compact, easy to carry.
- Destination point can be set, maximum 16 points
- With screen display and memory, Records distance and milage
- Provide current position: longitude, latitude, and altitude information
- Popular for mountain climbing, hiking, bike riding, camping and geocaching.
Garmin Huntview Plus, Preloaded microSD Cards With Hunting Management Units for Garmin Handheld GPS Devices, Illinois
- Now includes hunting management units containing boundaries and multiple species (where available)
- Identifies landowner names and boundaries for public/private land types and boundaries, using data from multiple sources for superior coverage and detail
- Digital topography equivalent to 1: 24, 000 scale U.S. Geological Survey maps
- Shows thousands of routable roads and trails with turn-by-turn navigation from the field
- Includes searchable points of interest: parks, summits, geographic place names, camping areas, businesses and more
Spytec GL300MA GPS Tracker- 4G LTE Mini Real Time GPS Tracking Device for Cars, Vehicles, Kids, Spouses, Seniors, Equipment, Valuables
- Real-Time GPS Tracking + Visualization: Straightforward and stealthy, our GPS tracker for vehicles, cars, teens, spouses, seniors, luggage and all sorts of important belongings. Simply slip it into a backpack or hide it under a car seat to remotely track movements in real-time using Google Maps GPS data. Our easy-to-use Software can be accessed on your phone, tablet, or computer, providing you with all the GPS tracking data you need
- Durability, Connectivity, Versatility: The device itself has a best-in-class battery life (up to 2.5 weeks), sleek and compact design, and reliable 4G LTE coverage. Set it and forget it on a person or car/truck--this device can perform reliably and discreetly for long periods, minimizing the need for tinkering and keeping chances of detection low. Our tracker is advanced enough for private investigators and professionals, but simple enough for anyone to set up
- Precision Insights, Custom Alerts, & Geo-Fencing: Use cutting-edge GPS technology to get alerts anytime the tracker enters or exits a zone that you define. Customize your settings to receive key updates like proximity alerts and notifications about the tracker’s movements via text, push notification, or email. You can even create summary data reports that capture movement over time and provide valuable info about the tracker, like speed of travel, total distance, and more
- Affordable Peace of Mind: Data plan required for use, starting at only $24.95 a month with no cancellation fees. Tracking service is month-to-month so you can cancel and reactivate at any time. With SpyTec GPS, you get quality hardware and advanced features for an unbeatable price based on your use and our value
- 24/7 Customer Service: We’re here to help with around-the-clock chat-based support to field questions and help troubleshoot if you need a hand. The SpyTec GPS team stays awake so you can rest easy.
Tractive 3G GPS Dog Tracker â€“ Dog Tracking Device with Unlimited Range
- Subscription Plan needed – starting at only $ 4. 99/ month with different subscription plans available. Similar to your cellphone, this low fee ensures you the best cellular service possible with an integrated SIM CARD.
- Tractive Dog GPS tracker – lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device, recommended for pets above 9 pounds. For safe dogs The robust GPS pet Finder easily attaches to any collar or harness.
- Live tracking with your Tractive Dog Finder – pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and share it with family and friends. The full location History of your pet is just one of many special features.
- Safe zone = safe DOG – define a safe area with the virtual fence feature & get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- Worldwide location tracking – use your Tractive GPS dog collar attachment in over 150 countries; manage all features and access your pet’s location via the free Tractive GPS app or in any browser. Tractive has no range limitation unlike many other Bluetooth GPS finders. Tractive GPS devices are IPX7 waterproof and shock resistant
- Rechargeable battery – the dog GPS tracker recharges in only 2 hours with a battery life of 2-5 days.
goTele GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee No Network Required Mini Portable Off-grid Real Time GPS Tracking Device for Outdoor Hiking, Hunting, Kids and Pets Tracker (2 Pack)
- 【No Monthly Fee,No SIM Card,No Network Required】goTele outdoor gps tracker allows users to communicate directly from goTele to goTele without cell service or Wi-Fi.
- 【goTele Functions】Real-time Tracking, SOS, Geo-Fence, Off-line Map, Message, Waterproof,Shockproof,Anti-fall,Dust-proof.
- 【Applications】goTele gps tracker suitable for Outdoor, Hiking, Hunting, Wading,Boating,Fishing, Exploration, Camping, olders and pets Safe. You can use goTele gps tracker to monitor loved ones, or anyone to keep them safe no matter where you are.
- 【Connection Distance】3-5km in suburb; 1-3km in downtown. It may be affected/disturbed by mountain terrain/weather/building/forest/electric equipment.
- 【Important Note 】goTele gps tracker compatible with iOS or Android devices, needs at least two devices to work, Package Including : 2 goTele gps devices
Garmin TT 15 Dog Device
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS. Neck size- Minimum of 9.5 inch (24 cm) in circumference
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode as well as Stimulation levels-Tone and Vibration
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Range : 9 miles. Water rating : 1 ATM (10 meters)
- TT 15 track and train dog device w/ rechargeable Li-ion battery, 1" red collar strap, 18 1/2 " standard & 22 1/2 " extended range antennas, charge clip, AC adapter, vehicle power cable, contact point set w/ wrench, manual
Garmin GPSMAP 64st, TOPO U.S. 100K with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver
- Sunlight Readable 2.6 inches color display. Display size : 1.43 x 2.15 inches and 2.6 inch diag (6.6 centimeter). Battery life : 16 hours. Water rating IPX7
- Expanded Internal Memory 8GB.Display resolution 160 x 240 pixels. Interface: high speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM Use with 2 traditional AA batteries (best with Polaroid AA batteries), or the optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack that can be charged while inside the device.Weight 8.1 ounce (230 grams) with batteries
- Receive Smart Notifications* and pair with optional ANT+ sensors, such as heart rate monitor, Tempe temperature sensor, speed/cadence, or use to control your VIRB action camera (64s/64st only)
- Wirelessly upload data to Garmin Connect and view on smartphone, plus share activities as they happen with Live Track (64s/64st only). 3 axis compass with barometric altimeter.Routes:200
Warm Days Call to the Treasure Seeker in Us All
Geocaching is one activity that uses the latest technology such as smart phones and GPS devices to connect with small treasures that others hide. This simple fun activity can involve the entire family both in big cities and small communities world wide.
Early after the turn of the twenty-first century, an idea cropped up which allowed people to secret small vials in their little area of the world. Placed inside the little vial is a paper and pencil or even a little token for the finder to discover. After secreting these vials the hider provides hints on the official Geocaching website, guiding other treasure seekers to the secreted stash.
There are no valuable jewels or money for the fortunate seeker, but there is still the thrill of discovery when the small cache is located. The simple act of writing their name on the enclosed sheet of paper located inside the cache will forever reveal that the seeker was successful in their hunt. The website is a tool for the seeker as well as the hider. The seeker is able to log into the site and place their name among the name of the other successful discoverers.
The process is so simple and allows for the seeker to use the newest tools available such as a GPS (Global Positioning System) to find the location. The latest versions of smart phones have apps which install a GPS signal. Using any type of these new tools along with the written hints that are listed on the website, the seeker gets closer and closer to actual discovery. Clues can lead to the discovery without using any of the modern technology, but by taking these two pieces of information together, the seeker will speed up the discovering process.
There is still the finding process as the searcher has to get out of their car once they arrive at the general location and search for the cleverly hidden cache. Some of these caches are called mini caches because they are so minute they need tweezers to remover the paper to add the discoverers name. Some clever Geocaching hiders are able to camouflage the cache by using fake bricks, phony stones and faux wooden containers.
The Geocaching website is free to join and the website tracks all the caches that are hidden as well as individual logs that are available for the finder to log their discovery. The site provides an area where the caching products can be purchased at a very inexpensive price. Looking at the merchandise available will give a good idea of the different types of containers that are secreted all over the world.The site provides helpful information on the caches that are hidden as well as listing how many people have already found the cache.
Before setting off for the first hunt, checking the website for a list of local locations as well as helpful hints. The locations can be categorized using the local zip code, city name or by state. The hider will provide additional information such as announcing that it was in a simple location or it was difficult to find. How much information each seeker chooses to collect is entirely up to them. Many times there are spoilers which include pictures of the vial. This helps in the hunting process, because if it is a mini cache, it can hide in a smaller space. A nano cache will be even more difficult to locate, but using the GPS settings which can be downloaded into your GPS device or your smart phone, they can be located.
The website provides links to events that are planned by local people. These events are scheduled on set dates and are run by individuals in that area. Attending these events allow Geocaching members to meet and get to know one another. Working in groups is one way to increase the pleasure of the hunt. The family fun is contagious. There are generations of hunters spending time together looking for tiny vials in which to write their names. Modern treasures may have very little if any monetary value. The thrill of discovery and the satisfaction of knowing that you were a part of a world wide quest make leaving the porch and striking out into the community a great way to spend a spring day.
One of the most important treasures that can be found during this search is the local history and hidden gems of the area. Many people hide their cache in historic areas, and little known historic places. In Winchester Kentucky there is a small cemetery that was used for plague victims in the early 1800's. By hiding a cache in this little plot of land, hundreds of people have now learned about this forgotten part of the city. In a small town in Alabama , a historic factory is used as a hiding location and people are able to stop and appreciate the history that surrounds them as they search for the tiny vial. Both of these cache locations prove that historic knowledge gained is one treasure that can never be taken away.
Enjoy the warn weather in a new way. Make a list of local cache locations, grab your phone or GPS device and enjoy the treasure that is out there, waiting in some of the most obvious and often overlooked locations.