Best Hunting Bow Stabilizer in 2023
SAS Archery 5-inch Aluminum Bow Stabilizer (Camo, 5-inch)
- Precision Aluminum Design
- Extreme Vibration Dampening Technology
- Full Draw Counter Balance
- Weight/Length: 5.3 oz/5 in, 6.5 oz/8 in, 10 oz/11 in
Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer, Black, 8"
- Sport hunter extreme - 8 inch - lost - new 2016
- Bee Stinger hunting Stabilizer
- The individual 1 oz. end-weights allow users to customize their stabilizer to meet the ideal balance requirements of their particular hunting bow.
Trophy Ridge Static Stabilizer 9 in. Realtree Xtra
- Ultra lightweight design
- Unique design allows air to easily pass through, giving you a steadier shot during windy conditions
- Includes 2 customizable 1 ounce weights, and braided wrist sling
TruGlo Carbon XS Stabilizer, Realtree Xtra, 7"
- Performance based composites
- Reduces noise and vibration
- Interchangeable color rings
- Includes (2) 1 oz. weights
Trophy Ridge Hitman Stabilizer, Black
- All-new 8" Hitman stabilizer improves balance and reduces noise and vibration
- Features quick connect system of Trophy Ridge stabilizers with a target carbon design
- Fast removal of the stabilizer for convenient transport and storage
- Total weight is 6. 5 ounces and comes pre-assembled with two removable 1 oz. weights
- Includes wrist strap, mounting bar, and colored rings for bow personalization
NAP Black Apache Stabilizer 8 Inch Stealth Dampening
LimbSaver LS Hunter Lite Bow Stabilizer, 7-Inch, Realtree Xtra Green
- Ultra light bow stabilizer designed to knock out noise and hand shock
- Carbon fiber tube filled with LimbSaver's proprietary NAVCOM technology to neutralize vibration, reduce bow jump, improve your bow's balance
- Removable Broadband dampener made from LimbSaver's proprietary NAVCOM material
- Quick and easy to install; for use in all harsh weather conditions
- Measures 7 inches and weighs just 3.5 ounces
CBE Torx Stabilizer Kit
- High Mod Light Weight Carbon
- Includes (1) 7. 5” and (1) 11” stabilizer
- Do inker A-Bomb included on each stabilizer
- 2 oz. of Black Nitride stainless steel weights included on each stabilizer
- TORX single bow mount included
SAS Archery 3.5 inches Bow Stabilizer (Black)
VIPER SX Aluminum Hunting Bow Stabilizer, Proudly Made in USA (SX 10-inch)
- THE SX HUNTING STABILIZER CREATES THE PERFECT BOW BALANCE FOR THE PERFECT SHOT
- RUGGED AND LIGHTWEIGHT -- made from extremely strong 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum.
- FINE-TUNE FOR COMFORT AND ACCURACY WITH VIPER STABILIZER WEIGHTS -- The SX comes with one 4 oz steel weight which can be removed and replaced with a variety of weight configurations offered by Viper (weights old separately). Features 2" stainless-steel front stud for superior weight stacing flexibilty.
- AVAILABLE IN 4 LENGTHS and WEIGHTS -- Choose from 6-inch/7-oz, 8-inch 7.3-oz, 10-inch/7.5 oz, 12-inch/7.8 oz models.
- BACKED BY VIPER'S INDUSTRY LEADING LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Deer Hunting with the .270 WSM
The .270 Winchester Short Magnum, or .270 WSM, is one of the new short magnum cartridges that have exploded onto the scene in the last few years.
Choosing the popular .270 Winchester and 7mm Remington Magnum as comparable rounds, here is a look at the numbers. These statistics are from Remington.com using their popular Core-Lokt bullets in 130 grain for the .270's and 140 grain in the 7mm Remington Magnum. At the muzzle the .270 Winchester Short Magnum produces 3285 feet per second and 3114 foot pounds of energy. The .270 Winchester produces 3060 feet per second and 2702 foot pounds of energy. The 7mm Remington Magnum produces 3175 feet per second and 3133 foot pounds of energy. At the muzzle the 7mm Remington Magnum and the .270 Winchester Short Magnum are virtually identical, with the .270 Winchester being a bit behind. Moving out to 300 yards, the .270 WSM is moving along at 2444 feet per second (just 14 feet per second behind the 7mm), 1724 foot pounds of energy (about 150 foot pounds less than the 7mm), and the .270 WSM actually shows a little less bullet drop than the 7mm Remington Magnum. Premium bullets with a better ballistic coefficient in the .270 Winchester Short Magnum further improves performance.
As the general rule is that 1000 foot pounds of energy is needed as a minimum for a deer hunting cartridge, the .270 WSM clearly meets and exceeds this goal. In fact the .270 WSM carries 1000 foot pounds of energy past 500 yards.
I have used the .270 WSM to take a few deer and was quiet pleased with its performance. While I can't say my .270 Winchester or a dozen or more cartridges could not have done as well, the .270 WSM is certainly an efficient round. Combine the great performance of the .270 WSM with a short action rifle and you have a great deer hunting gun.