Best Hunting Bow For The Money in 2023
Southland Archery Supply SAS Pioneer Traditional Wood Long Bow (40 pounds)
Traditional Bowyer's Bible Volume 1
Whitetail Adrenaline - The Reckoning Round 1 - All Public Land Whitetail Deer Bow Hunting
- Duration: 206 minutes
- Not found on TV Anywhere
- Grond Stalking Bow Edition
- Real as we could film it - unscripted
- Incredibly close shond long stalks
RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow Kit: LIMBS MADE IN USA | Fully adjustable 24.5-31â€ Draw 30-70LB pull | Up to 315 FPS | WARRANTY & 100% 30 day GUARANTEE | 5 Pin Lighted Sight, Biscuit Rest | Camo 2 RH
- LIMITED TIME SALE: Draw length adjustable 24.5-31" and draw weight 30-70 lbs without needing a bow press.
- CAMS are fully machined aluminum with ZERO plastic like those found in many other bows in this price range.
- This bow has a axle to axle length of 30" and weighs 3.6 lbs. It also sports a best in class 315 ft per second when at max settings with a 350 grain arrow.
- Good Quality accessories make this bow an easy purchase; this kit package includes a 5 pin sight with light and level, biscuit style rest, stabilizer, 4 arrow quiver, and string stop. Peep sight and d-loop come pre-installed. NOW INCLUDES an allen wrench set and 2' paper target with 10 point scoring.(DOES NOT INCLUDE ARROWS)
- Compound design allows for 75% of the weight to be let off, if you pull 70 lbs you only have to hold 17.5 lbs! The Raptor also features a split yoke tuning system, allowing for precise adjustments and proper arrow flight.
DINO HUNTER: DEADLY SHORES
- HUNT DINOSAURS
- Journey to a hidden, untouched Jurassic island and kill the most ferocious animals in history. Encounter Jurassic beasts long thought extinct, from the docile stegosaurus to the terrifying T. rex.
- VISIT EXOTIC Jurassic LOCATIONS
- Kill dinosaurs in lush and dangerous Jurassic environments like the shipwreck-strewn coast, overgrown jungle and dinosaur boneyard!
- EQUIP POWERFUL WEAPONS
- Load up on firepower with destructive weapons like the rocket launcher and shuriken crossbow. You’ll need a powerful arsenal and an expert shooter strategy to kill these dinosaurs!
- MASTER A UNIQUE SHOOTER CHALLENGE SERIES
- Progress through varied shooter series to win rifles, shotguns and assault rifles. Make your kills and complete them all for even greater rewards!
- EXPERIENCE AMAZING GRAPHICS
- Dynamic shadows, hi-res textures and realistic Jurassic models all combine to make this one of the most beautiful dinosaur shooter games on your mobile device!
Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Compound Bow with RealTree Edge Finish
- Maximum-versatility bow is engineered for all ages and skill levels.Axle-To-Axle 30 inch
- Ready to hunt bow comes equipped with six Trophy Ridge accessories
- Adjustable from 12" to 30" draw length range and from 5 to 70 lbs. peak draw weight
- All adjustments are made using an Allen wrench with no need for a bow press
- Weighs only 3 lbs. and fires arrows at 315 feet per second. Brace height- 6 1/2 inch. These limbs provide unmatched flexibility and rigidity and allow for maximum weight adjustability for a customized fit for any shooter
Petersen's Bowhunting Creeks & Ditches Book & DVD Combo (Trophy Terrain)
Genesis Kit - RH Black
- Official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP).
- Great starter bow for archers of all ages, sizes and athletic abilities. With no specific draw length requirement, kids can't outgrow this bow.
- Includes a machined 6061-T6 aluminum riser, aluminum cam and idler wheel, sturdy composite limbs and high-strength bowstrings – all made in the USA.
- Built with single-cam technology, there are no tuning issues, less recoil, less noise and more accurate shooting.
- Kit includes: Bow, belt tube quiver, adjustable arm guard, five (5) aluminum arrows, 3/16" hex wrench and an Owner's Manual.
"The Hunger Games" Archery Training: How Jennifer Lawrence Stepped into Katniss' Boots
An article with a focus on Jennifer Lawrence and her archery training for the film, The Hunger Games
At first, Lorig and Lawrence spent the first part of practice ensuring that Lawrence's posture was correct, not just for technical prowess, but also in the eyes of professional archers who could be a potential audience for the film. This would increase the immersion in the film because archers who spot technical errors could lose their suspension of disbelief. They shot only twenty arrows per practice session in the early phase of training. Gradually, they began increasing the number of arrows until they used fifty per session. Lawrence had time for fifteen archery practice lessons, because she had to balance it with her other obligations during the film shooting.
Another consideration that the two had to take during training was cinematography. Lawrence had to stand and move in such a way that the camera would often capture her face or dominant, or right, side.
The basics of archery training for Lawrence included posture, proper grip on the bow, and the proper orientation. They spent time making sure she was standing perfectly straight with the bow aligned vertically and drilled that position until Lawrence could assume it at a moment's notice. During the Hunger Games, Katniss would be fighting for her life against 23 other competitors, called "tributes." To portray this role, Lawrence would therefore have no time to stand still and aim her shots carefully, taking the time to get into a proper shooting stance. In addition, they worked with moving targets, gradually increasing the speed at which the targets moved.
As Lawrence improved her skill at hitting moving targets, it would minimize the number of arrows and film takes used to get scenes right.
She also learned to hit targets that were farther away. One scene in the film features Katniss at a feast shooting an apple out of a pig's mouth from across the room. She does this in the book to impress the judges, who determine the likelihood of each tribute's survival to gain them potential sponsors, or people who can send gifts to the tributes when they are in the field. The approximate shooting distance for such a feat in actual archery practice is 80 yards.
Lawrence practiced her shooting both on a professional archery range and in the woodland environments of the film. This was to tailor her skills to outdoor locales and the associated hazards, such as rough ground, wind, and trees. Learning to shoot an arrow at a stationary target in ideal conditions would not adequately prepare Lawrence to step into Katniss' shoes. Therefore, they had to make the training as authentic to the role as possible.
Although Lorig uses a special bow during the Olympics, she had to train Lawrence how to hold and use a basic wooden bow with no sights or other aids. This is considered the best way to start archery training because the archer has to use his or her own skills to hit the target. In the books, Katniss had to make her hunting bow and arrows out of the limited materials she had available. In the Hunger Games, she picks up an archery set at the Cornucopia, the initial food and supply drop when the Games start. The skills she learned translated easily, because the Gamemakers, or the creators of the arena, keep the weapons as simple as possible.
Lawrence has demonstrated her archery skills on several TV shows and exhibitions since "The Hunger Games" debuted in theaters. Some people have noted that Lawrence stands and fires her bow like a professional target shooter as opposed to someone who uses the skill to hunt for survival. This is to be expected because Lorig herself is a professional archer and would teach Lawrence to act in the same manner she herself was taught. Despite this, fans and critics tend to agree that Jennifer Lawrence, through her training under Khatuna Lorig, brought life to Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games."