Best Hunting Air Rifle For The Money in 2023
Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle .177 Cal
Gamo Swarm Maxxim Air Rifle.177 Cal
- 10-Shot break barrel allows you to shoot up to ten pellets without reloading
- Velocity 1300 feet per second (fps) with PBA Platinum
- 3-9x40 Air Rifle Scope
- Inert Gas Technology (IGT)
- 2-Stage adjustable Custom Action Trigger (CAT)
- Fluted Polymer Jacketed Steel barrel with Whisper Maxim Technology
Gamo Magnum Air Rifle, .22 Caliber
- Muzzle Velocity 1300 FPS
- 3-9X40a0 scope
- Improve your knockdown power and accuracy
- Cat trigger
- Less vibration, more consistent Velocity
Crosman CFRNP17SX Fire Nitro Piston Air Rifle
- Powered by patented Nitro Piston technology
- All weather, synthetic stock
- CenterPoint 4x32mm riflescope
- Rifled steel barrel
- Adjustable, two stage trigger
Gamo 6110065954 Big Cat 1400 .177 Caliber Air Rifle with Scope
- Velocity: 1400 feet per second (FPS) with pba Platinum
- 33 mm cylinder power plant
- Break barrel: single cocking System
- Automatic cocking safety System
- Barrel: fluted Polymer jacketed rifled steel
- 1400 FPS with PBS Platinum
- Single cocking system
- Rubberized grips all weather stock
- Smooth action trigger
Crosman CTH17TDNS-SX Nitro Piston Elite Powered, Break Barrel Air Rifle
- New sbd gold sound suppression
- Adjustable rear/fixed front sight
- All weather Stock; rifled barrel
- Two-stage, adjustable trigger
- CenterPoint 4x32mm scope
Mantis 3-9x32 mm AO Mil-Dot Air Rifle Scope, Super Precise Parallax Adjustable Optics for Hunting and Target Shooting
- EXCEPTIONALLY PRECISE: The Mantis is ultra precise right out of the box. Will maintain zero even after several hundred rounds of pellets.
- EXCELLENT CLARITY. Provides a bright, clear picture of the target thanks to the hiqh-quality optics and parallax (adjustable objective) adjustment.
- EASY TO USE: Mounts easily, with no tools needed to make elevation and windage adjustments. Simply remove the covers on the windage and elevation turrets and turn the turrets.
- STURDILY BUILT: Built to last the life of your rifle and beyond. Rugged enough to stand up to the shock of magnum spring-powered break barrel air rifles.
- GREAT FOR ANY RANGE/DISTANCE: Ideal for close-in shooting, the 3-9x magnification range, mil-dot reticle, and parallax adjustment down to 5 yards make target shooting easier no matter the range.
Gamo 6110062254 Swarm Bone Collector Air Rifle.22 Caliber
- Muzzle velocity 975 FPS
- Whisper Noise Dampening
- IGT 10X Quick Shot
- SAT trigger and 4X32 optics
- SWA Recoil Pad
Hatsan Bullboss .22 Caliber Airgun, Black
- Max Velocity - 1, 070 FPS lead
- Max energy - 38 ft. lbs.
- Repeater with 10-shot rotary magazine
- Fully shrouded barrel with Quiet Energy moderator
- Push-button cheek rest adjustment
Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1 6110063254 Air Rifles .177 3-9x4
- .177 Cal pellet single cocking break barrel, 1420 fps with PBA Platinum
- Powerful, quiet, accurate. Thanks to the IGT MACH 1 gas piston that delivers higher muzzle velocity, less vibration, and smoother cocking. It also features the Whisper Fusion technology, the quietest noise reduction technology patented by Gamo
- Gamo 3-9x40 scope with RRR (Recoil Reducing Rail) - Absorbs the recoil of the rifle increasing the lifespan of the scope
- CAT (Custom Action Trigger) - Independently adjust 1st and 2nd stages, adjust your trigger to your personal preference, make it predictable. Comfortable all-weather synthetic ambidextrous stock
- Made in Spain
Rabbit Hunting: Why People Eat Rabbits
People hunt and eat rabbits for various reasons. There are some who are now taking eating rabbit into their lives.
By having rabbit for a meal isn't something new to many people or cultures. For some reason this type of animal has become something new to many people in the United States.
I do know there are many ways to cook rabbit. My husband has shot a few and tried them in a few different recipes. While we weren't too crazy about it at times, making sure that rabbit is prepared correctly can make or break a meal.
Those I know, are hunting wild rabbits rather than rabbits raised on rabbit food and other foods. The taste between the two will vary the same as wild turkeys versus farm raised turkeys and so on. Even though the article that sparred this article says the rabbits being used aren't "factory-farmed" in meals in restaurants and homes, I suspect once people feel this type of main course hits it stride that will change with everything else. I am not one of the PITA people so I am not going on an anti-rabbit killing binge here. I am saying just don't be surprised to see those who raise rabbits for pets and to sell during the Easter season spread out their sales areas. I wouldn't be surprised if larger meat producing ranches and farms decide to go into this market if they feel the need and see a potential for this type of product.
Whether you feel you would be up to eating rabbit as part of a meal, just remember, this is a way many people feed their families who have to supplement their grocery bills to pay their other bills.
As I mentioned earlier, how you prepare and cook a rabbit can make or break the dish. The following are a few recipes to try if you choose to try rabbit as a meat for a meal.
One thing everyone should know if you're going to kill your own rabbits with a gun that uses shots, be sure to remove all the buckshot from the rabbit before preparing. That is something you don't want to bite into. I know sometimes it is hard to do so, but at least try. There are a couple of rabbit cleaning videos on YouTube. I didn't want to share those for those who are squeamish at heart. If you have never seen an animal cleaned, it can gross you out fast.
Cooking with SusieQ - Rabbit Recipes
Those rabbit recipes were chosen because they have been prepared and provided by rabbit hunters. I did notice a recipe my husband and I have had that we did like. The rabbit recipe we tried was the Rabbit Fricassee.
Rabbit Recipes - A Collection of Rabbit Recipes
This link has a a slew of rabbit recipes. I did find the Hasenpfeffer recipe my husband made a couple of times. My mom said that one of her uncles use to make this quite often when she and her brothers and sisters were growing up. On the link above that recipe is listed as German Rabbit.