Best Hog Hunting in 2023
VASTFIRE 350 Yard Green Hunting light Zoomable Flashlight Hog Predator Lights with Pressure Switch Picatinny Rail Mount 1 Inch To 30mm Scope Mount Gift Carring Case
Primos Hunting PS320 Hog Call, Grunter
- Flexible hose for variable tones
- Reproduces the grunting sounds of boars and sows
- Appeals to the pack Instinct of a hog
- Great for close-in calling
- Reproduces the grunting sounds of a wild hog
- Appeals to the pack instinct of a hog
The Boar Light - Baited Hog Hunting Light
ARTITAN Feeder Light Hog Hunting Green Light Motion Sensor Light 120Â°Angle for Predator Coyote Pig Varmint Deer Night Hunting
- 【Adopts Eco-friendly Solar Panel】the hog hunting light built-in 600mAh Li-ion battery, it is charged by converting solar energy into electricity during day time, solar charging time is 8-12Hrs; For optimum sun exposure and longer light output, place the solar panel in position that receive at least 3 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- 【Automatic PIR Motion Sensor】Motion activated light with 14 green led, it will turn on when people or animal walk close to it at night or dark surroundings, when nobody moves there, light will turn off in 30 seconds to save power, greatly simplifies night hunting by only watch for the light to brighten.
- 【Maxium Detection Range】the safety LED sensor light should be mounted 1.8 to 2.5m(6 to 8ft) above the area to be scanned; When decided where to mount the light, keep in mind that the motion sensor that activates this lights has a field of vision of 120° (horizontal) at a maximum distance of 7m/23ft
- 【Multi-Level Protection】 Meets IP65 waterproof level, protect your solar power feeder lights from rain, moisture, sand, dust, corrosion, etc
- 【Application occasion】This solar motion light is ideal for area where electricity is not available, including driverways, carports, garages and entrance doors, for added safety and security around your home.
Hog Hunting Funny Weekend Beer Boar Hunter Pig Gift T-Shirt
- This would be a great outfit for any hog hunter or boar hunter to to wear during this hunting season and make their friends laugh!!
- This Hog Hunting Funny Weekend Beer Boar Hunter Pig Gift is also great for your dad or husband who loves outdoor hunting."Weekend Forecast Hog Hunting with a chance of Drinking."
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Kohree CREE 80000 LUX LED Coyote Hog Coon Hunting Light, Rechargeable Predator Hunting, 3 LED Cap Light, 5 Position Switch, Multiple Colors (White Red Green) + Soft Cap
- 【High Performance Predator hunting light】Multicolor Beam-white beam (featuring the latest Cree XPL LED, 275 yards Long Range),RED and GREEN LED
- 【5 Position Band Rotary Switch】select which LED you want to use (bright white, red, green) and choose the brightness for white LED(main beam), it starts low and go to high
- 【Robust aluminum head】hard anodized for durability, rainproof
- 【Rechargeable Lithium battery pack】Long run time: high beam (6h), medium beam(12h), low beam (20h+) . It comes with a home charger and a wall charger, on the bottom right of your charger you will see a light, the light will be red when charging and green when fully charged.
- 【2 Year Warranty 】2 Year Warranty on the charger and switch.Please note that you can only use the charger provided ,do not make any changes to your light, cord, battery pack, switch or charger as this might cause a electrical shortage, fire or over-heating during charge.
Episode 5: South to Hog Heaven
Orion H30-G Green Predator Premium 273 Yards Rechargeable Hog Hunting Light with Scope Mount, Rail Mount, Barrel Mount, Remote Pressure Switch & Charger Kit
- BEST HOG HUNTING LIGHT - 273 yards of bright and focused green beam featuring the latest Cree XP-E2 Green LED
- EXTENDED BATTERY RUNTIME: 300 lm (4h), 190 lm (5h), 50lm (17h), 6 lm (120h)
- COMPLETE HUNTING LIGHT KIT: include Mounts, Remote Pressure Switch, Rechargeable battery and charger
- HIGHLY DURABLE AND RELIABLE - Impact Proof and Waterproof, Highly durable and reliable
- ADVOCATED BY REAL HUNTERS - Used and evaluated by real hunters. Read their stories in the reviews !
Kaper II L16-0075GR Green LED Hunting light
- Green light for improved widerness night vision
- Water proof to IP67 standard
- Stainless Steel mounting hardware
- Aluminum housing
- Low energy draw LED light source for long battery life
- Fit Type: Universal Fit
Wildgame Innovations Moonshine Light, Multi (VL2)
- Feeder hog light for night time predator and hog hunting
- Easy installation for any feeder
- Pir Activated
- Built in Solar panel and 16 green LED light System
- Weather resistant design
Safety Tips for Hunting Hogs in Texas
Hogs are a pretty common form of game in Texas, but they can also be dangerous. If you'll be hunting hogs in the near future, follow these safety tips.
Disease amp; Parasites
The primary concern when hunting hogs in Texas is disease and parasites, both of which feral pigs can carry in great abundance. Hogs are excellent carriers for parasites, which can make their way into human bodies when ingested. Internal parasites are of particular concern, according to Noble.org, including roundworm, whipworm and trichinosis. If you cut open your hog and discover worms or parasites, immediately discard the carcass.
Diseases are also important to consider when hunting hogs in Texas. Pseudorabies and swine brucellosis are most common, and both can be spread by orally ingesting hog meat. If you think that your hog might carry a disease, again, it is important that you discard the carcass rather than eating it. You can also have the meat tested at laboratory facilities, but this is often an expense that hunters cannot afford.
Dogs and Other Pets
If you are hunting hogs with your dog, you might consider keeping him on a tight leash. Feral pigs are omnivores and include both vegetation and meat in their diets. Large specimens have been known to eat rabits, dogs, cats, birds and even colts. This is why hog hunting has become so popular in Texas; farmers and ranchers are eager to reduce populations on their land.
Generally speaking, however, a feral pig will not go after your dog unless provoked. Additionally, only a large hog can take down a large dog, so you don't have to worry as much if you are hunting hogs with a golden retriever or Labrador. If you live on the property where you hunt, however, make sure that you have a sturdy fence with no gaps to ensure your outdoor pets are safe.
Hunting hogs is notoriously difficult because many feral pigs will not die from a single gunshot wound. Unless it is perfectly placed, such as a head- or heart-shot, the possibility exists that the pig will go down but not actually die. When the hunter approaches, it can jump up and attack. For this reason, I do not recommend hunting hogs in Texas with a muzzleloader or single-shot rifle. Instead, use high-powered weaponry that is considered more devastating on impact.
After you've shot a feral pig, approach it cautiously and with plenty of noise. Again, hog hunting is dangerous because pigs will "play dead" until you are close enough to attack. Their teeth are sharp and many hunters have died as a result of confrontations with these animals. Plus, if they are carrying any diseases that can be transferred through saliva, a bit is doubly dangerous.
Even if you think the pig is dead, the safest and most humane method of hunting hogs is to approach within twenty feet or so, then shoot the animal again in the head or chest. This will greatly increase the chances that the animal has died, and will keep you safe from an attack.
Hunting hogs is popular in Texas, and most counties have "open season" for feral pigs. Just make sure you keep your hunting grounds to your own property, and be sure to ask if you want to track a pig onto someone else's land.