Best Handgun Scope For Hunting in 2023
Hammers Elite Compact Lightweight Handgun Revolver Pistol Scope 2X20 w/Weaver Rings
Burris Handgun 2-7x32mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Pistol Scope, Matte Black - 200279
- 2-7x32mm provides handgun shooters a wide, flexible range
- 2x low end magnification offers quick target acquisition and a very large field of view
- 7x zoom at the top provides accuracy at handgun stretching distances
- 200279 uses the Ballistic Plex reticle, in matte black
Edenberg 1.5-5x20mm Duplex Crosshair Reticle 1-inch Tube Rifle Scope for Hunting and Tactical Shooting 100% Waterproof Fogproof Shockproof Construction with Wide Filed of View
- Quality rifle scope with stunning HD clarity,Wide filed of view
- Duplex Crosshair reticle rifle scope
- Low-light rifle scope with 1.5-5x magnification and 20mm objective lens
- 1/2 MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments and Fast-focus eyepiece;
- 100-percent waterproof/fogproof construction and shockproof
Federal Scope Shoulder Holster Thompson Encore Pistols 12" - 16" Barrel
- Bandolier Style for Thompson Encore with 12" - 16" Barrels - Made in the USA since 1990
- Ambidextrous with Flap Cover - Multipoint Strap Attachment
- Includes 1" Belt to Secure Holster in Position
- Sturdy Nylon Construction - Double Needle Stitching
- 56" Shoulder Strap (Cut 64")
Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x32mm Handgun Scope
- Leupold Model #67825 - VX-3 2. 5-8x32mm with Duplex reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fog proof, & shockproof
- Precision 1/4 MOA finger click adjustments for wind age and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use
- Twilight Max Light Management System adds up to 20 extra minutes of shooting light
- Ultra-lightweight 1-inch main tube design
- Designed, machined, and assembled in the USA
Leupold FX-II 4x28mm Handgun Scope, Duplex Reticle, Matte Finish
- Leupold Model #58750 - FX-II 4x28mm with Duplex reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, & shockproof
- Twilight Max Light Management System - Adds up to 20 extra minutes of shooting light and reduces glare for premium edge-to-edge image quality
- Lightweight Design - Disperses recoil energy for unrivaled durability and performance with ultra-lightweight construction
- Provides just the right eye relief for handguns
- Scratch Resistant Lenses - Lens surfaces are scratch resistant to military standard extreme abrasion specification
- Designed, machined, and assembled in the USA
Burris Handgun 2x20mm Plex Reticle Pistol Scope, Matte Black - 200218
- Burris 200218 handgun scope, 2x20mm
- Simple plex, matte, 1 inch tube, fixed
- This product is manufactured in United States
MCCC Hunting Pistol Green Laser Sight Dot Scope Adjustable Gun Sight with Rail Mount, Quick Relase
- FDA Safety Standard Pistol Green Laser Sight
- 532nm Wavelength
- Standard Picatinny Rail Mount and Quick Release
- With reactive circuit, workable in temperature of minus 20 degrees Celsius
- Battery can't be charged
Burris Handgun 3-12x32mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Pistol Scope, Black - 200309
- 32mm clear objective lens
- Reticle: Ballistic plex
- Finish: black matte
Burris Optics Handgun Scope 2X-7X
5 Great Deer Hunting Handguns
Deer hunting with a handgun offers a new way to pursue deer for many who have never given it a try. Here are five handguns that are great for deer hunting whether you are new to handgun hunting or have been doing it for years.
Before looking at the guns perhaps a brief look at deer hunting cartridges should be in order. While a number of cartridges exist for deer hunting with handguns, the traditional .357, .41, and .44 Magnum are good choices due to wide availability of proven ammunition and reloading components at a reasonable cost. Before making any purchase, check out your state's regulations for handgun cartridge minimums and other restrictions (barrel length, etc.). Also, whenever possible shoot a few handguns to get the feel of them before investing hundreds of dollars or even more.
Perhaps the most effective handgun for deer hunting is the Thompson Center Contender. Various models exist, but the standard pistol is a simple break open single shot pistol that can handle not only the traditional handgun cartridges mentioned above but also many 'rifle' cartridges such as the 30-30 Winchester and 45-70 Government. The current model, the Contender G2 starts around the 550 dollar area.
The Ruger Blackhawk is a traditional hunting revolver and another great choice. Ruger has a great reputation for making quality firearms of all sorts and the Blackhawk is one of their best. The Ruger Blackhawk is a traditional six shot single action revolver. A standard blued Ruger Blackhawk will start around the 400 dollar mark.
For those preferring a double action revolver, Ruger offers the Redhawk and the Super Redhawk. The Super Redhawk has an extended frame for stronger scope mounting (with integral scope mounts). The Redhawk costs about $600 with the Super Redhawk starting more in the $700 range.
While semi-automatic pistols aren't common for deer hunting there are choices in this segment as well. Magnum Research's Desert Eagle is a costly pistol at $1400 or so but it is an interesting choice for deer hunting.
For those looking for an inexpensive deer hunting handgun, check out the Comanche Revolver. The Comanche Revolver retails for about $250 and often less. While Taurus and Rossi are better known as inexpensive revolver manufacturers (and should be considered) the Comanche is considerably less expensive. Buying a used revolver is another choice not to be overlooked.
While all of these handguns will work for deer hunting, there are literally scores of other handguns that will work as well. And in addition to the traditional calibers listed above there are also many other cartridges that are great for hunting. Just like with rifle hunting there are numerous choices for gun and cartridge.
Handgun hunting for deer is a great way to add a new experience to your deer hunting.