10 Best Gps For Hunting Dogs
Updated on: May 2023
Best Gps For Hunting Dogs in 2023
Garmin Astro 430/T 5 Dog Tracking Bundle
Dogtra Pathfinder 9-Mile 21-Dog Expandable Waterproof Smartphone GPS Tracking & Training E-Collar with 2-Second Update Rate, No Subscription Fee, Free Satellite Map
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track and train your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking GPS e-collar.
- DESIGN: With convenience in mind, the PATHFINDER is sleek and simple. Featuring two buttons (Power/Select & Connect) on the remote, you can connect to the receiver with ease.
- CORRECTIONS: The PATHFINDER utilizes corrections and audible tone to track and train your dog. With up to 100 correction levels, the PATHFINDER sends the correction through the receiver and is great for keeping your dog on track during the hunt.
- DOG SIZING: This GPS e-collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With a high output and the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS;Range: 9 miles
- LED beacon lights and Rescue mode. Neck size: Minimum of 9.5 Inch (24 cm) in circumference
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters); Collar compatibility: 1” (2.54 cm)
- T 5 tracking dog device w/ rechargeable Li-ion battery, 1" blue collar strap, 18 1/2 " standard & 22 1/2 " extended range antennas, charge clip,
goTele GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee No Network Required Mini Portable Off-grid Real Time GPS Tracking Device for Outdoor Hiking, Hunting, Kids and Pets Tracker (2 Pack)
- 【No Monthly Fee,No SIM Card,No Network Required】goTele outdoor gps tracker allows users to communicate directly from goTele to goTele without cell service or Wi-Fi.
- 【goTele Functions】Real-time Tracking, SOS, Geo-Fence, Off-line Map, Message, Waterproof,Shockproof,Anti-fall,Dust-proof.
- 【Applications】goTele gps tracker suitable for Outdoor, Hiking, Hunting, Wading,Boating,Fishing, Exploration, Camping, olders and pets Safe. You can use goTele gps tracker to monitor loved ones, or anyone to keep them safe no matter where you are.
- 【Connection Distance】3-5km in suburb; 1-3km in downtown. It may be affected/disturbed by mountain terrain/weather/building/forest/electric equipment.
- 【Important Note 】goTele gps tracker compatible with iOS or Android devices, needs at least two devices to work, Package Including : 2 goTele gps devices
PetFon Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control For Dogs And Pets Activity Monitor
- 🐕REAL-TIME TRACKING,NO MONTHLY FEE:Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning. The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet's activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The feature,WiFi assisted location uses Google big data interface, it might cause an inaccurate positioning due to the delayed update of Google WiFi hot
- 🐕EASY TO USE,LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet's activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The embedded high-gain, laser carving antenna amplifies signal, making it capable of tracking ranges up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment.But if you are using it in areas with dense metal,dense forests,bushes,or similar environm
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet's location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.The speaker on Petfon Tracker emits up to 70 decibels of sound.
- 🐕RAINPROOF,LONG STANDBY TIME: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker's battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕NOTE: The Petfon GPS Tracker is optimized to let you track your pet during walks - it is not designed for indoor tracking or remote monitoring. Tracking may not be accurate in these conditions (like all uses of GPS).Please don't try to track your pets when you are inside the house with pets running outside, the performance could not be guaranteed, the connection could be very unstable due to massive obstructions between controller and tracker.
Tractive 3G GPS Dog Tracker â€“ Dog Tracking Device with Unlimited Range
- Subscription Plan needed – starting at only $ 4. 99/ month with different subscription plans available. Similar to your cellphone, this low fee ensures you the best cellular service possible with an integrated SIM CARD.
- Tractive Dog GPS tracker – lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device, recommended for pets above 9 pounds. For safe dogs The robust GPS pet Finder easily attaches to any collar or harness.
- Live tracking with your Tractive Dog Finder – pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and share it with family and friends. The full location History of your pet is just one of many special features.
- Safe zone = safe DOG – define a safe area with the virtual fence feature & get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- Worldwide location tracking – use your Tractive GPS dog collar attachment in over 150 countries; manage all features and access your pet’s location via the free Tractive GPS app or in any browser. Tractive has no range limitation unlike many other Bluetooth GPS finders. Tractive GPS devices are IPX7 waterproof and shock resistant
- Rechargeable battery – the dog GPS tracker recharges in only 2 hours with a battery life of 2-5 days.
Garmin 010-01486-10 T5 Mini GPS Collar - Dog Tracking Device, Blue
- A top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver, T 5 mini dog Device uses LED beacon lights activated from its compatible handheld device.
- The lights work in low-light conditions and at night, and are visible up to 100 yards away.
- Rugged and water-resistant to 10 meters, The tracking-only dog Device with collar is tough enough to run wherever your dog runs, up to 4 miles away.
Garmin Alpha 100 GPS Track and Train Handheld
- Alpha 100 handheld features a 3-Inch glove-friendly color touchscreen
- Track and train a combination of twenty TT 10 dog devices ( TT 10 devices sold seperately) or Alpha 100 handhelds simultaneously from up to 9 miles away
- Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping for terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and more
- Supports optional map data - TOPO U.S. 24K, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, autorouting with City Navigator, and Garmin Custom Maps
- Built-in 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
Link AKC Plus Smart Dog Tracker (Classic) - GPS Location Tracker, Activity Monitor, Waterproof, and More (LPLUSC), Leather, 1 OZ
- Link Plus SMART DOG tracker: The only GPS and activity tracker your dog will ever need to keep your dog safe, healthy, and happy. Works with iOS and Android. Have questions or need support call 866-303-1876 * works in USA, Canada, and Mexico.
- Service plan: link Plus is like a smart phone for your dog & requires service plan connectivity to allow data to be transmitted. The service plan ranges between $6. 95 - $9. 95 per month. Includes an extended, a Satisfaction, and access to the pet Poison Helpline, a 24/7 animal Poison control center.
- Activity monitoring and sound training: activity goals are customized by arc to your dog’s age, breed, and size to allow for accurate daily activity monitoring. Remote turn-on sound to help with training
- Location tracking nationwide in USA, Canada, and Mexico: know your dog’s location with fast and accurate GPS tracking enabled by the AT&T cellular network (service plan required). Be alerted if your dog leaves designated safe zones
- What's new: New software and firmware updates bring link Plus's performance to all new levels. Better battery life than ever before and more accurate tracking.
- Recommended: for dogs larger than 15 pounds.
- Collar compatibility: link Plus is compatible with any standard collar between ¾” to 1” in width.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Included Components: Link Plus Tracking Unit, Base Station, Collar Carrier, And Charging Cord.
- Material Type: Leather
SportDog - SD-425 - Camo WetlandHunter for Large or Stubborn Dog Waterproof Shock Training Collar
- Range: up to 500 yards.
- 7 instantly selectable static stimulation levels with medium/high stim ranges. Option to train with vibration and tone.
- Designed for dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5" - 22".
- Waterproof and submersible to 25 feet.
All About the Treeing Walker Coonhound
The Treeing Walker Coonhound is unlike any breed of dog you are likely to encounter. If you are the least bit interested in hunting dogs, then you owe it to yourself to educate yourself about the Treeing Walker Coonhound.
The Walker hound owes his ancestory to the American Foxhound and the English Foxhound. This is apparent in the hound's looks. The Walker hound is almost always tricolored in black, white and tan (sometimes called red). A saddle back, sometimes reffered to as a blanket back, type of coloration is preffered. "Ticking" or spotting will usually occur as the dog matures.
Coonhunters will often argue about the best hound breed, but the Walker's assets are difficult to dispute. The Treeing Walker is an intelligent dog, sometimes to a fault. He knows his surroundings and is very aware of what is going on. He is usually a quiet dog in the kennel and has (what is reffered to as) "yard dog" sense. The Walker hound gets along with adults and children as well as other dogs. The Walker should never be left alone with cats, rabbits or other small animals as his strong game drive makes it a dangerous proposition. The Walker hound is a good family pet if he is allowed the physical and mental exercise that is needed. He is first and foremost, a hunter.
The Walker hound is of a competitive nature and has a tendency to be independent of other dogs. This is interesting as the breed has its beginnings as a pack hound (fox hunting). The hound is able to hunt consistently and successfully without the help of other hounds.
The Walker hound is so game driven that procedures may need to be taken to prevent the dog from trashing, that is, hunting skunk, possum, or deer. The Walker is rarely stubborn but each one that I have encountered tends to have a "moody" streak. The dogs are friendly, as a rule, and very rarely aggressive towards people. When training, be aware that this breed can be very sensitive to scolding. I have had a few dogs in my kennel absolutely refuse to come out of their boxes or look at me after I had raised my voice to them. They enjoy praise, affection and physical contact and are very eager to please. These dogs are definite individuals and need to be treated as such.
The consistency of success and the game drive of the Treeing Walker Coonhound ranks it up top at competitive coonhound events. The beautiful markings, intelligence and eagerness to please make the Walker a top winner in the show ring.
When choosing a pup, research the bloodlines, attend shows and hunts and ask to hunt with the pup's parents - if this is possible. The United Kennel Club has information on national events and a message board community that will make your research much easier. The united Kennel Club also publishes a monthly magazine called Coonhound Bloodlines devoted to coonhunting. Other such publications include American Cooner and Full Cry.
If you enjoy coonhunting, the Walker hound is hard to beat. He's sure to impress you with his determination and his skill. Enjoy your hound. You will both be better for it.