Best Gaiters For Elk Hunting in 2022
Pike Trail Leg Gaiters â€“ Waterproof and Adjustable Snow Boot Gaiters for Hiking, Walking, Hunting, Mountain Climbing and Snowshoeing (Defense Force Camo)
Kenetrek Hunting Gaiter, Loden Green, Large
Badlands Master Hunting Gaiter, Approach Fx, Large
- Extreme Abrasion Resistance
- Highest-Grade Materials
- Water Resistant
- Large: 17.5" Tall x 18"-14" Calf Circumference
- Medium: 16" Tall x 17"-13" Calf Circumference
Kenetrek Hunting Gaiter, Realtree Xtra Camo, X-Large
Hunting Gaiter, Realtree Xtra Camo, Medium
SITKA Gear Core Neck Gaiter Optifade Open Country One Size Fits All
- CORE NECK GAITER - Available as one size fits all. (Available Color: Elevate II, Subalpine, and Open Country)
- MICRO-GRID INTERIOR - Promotes evaporation by maintaining minimal surface area next to skin.
- PERMANENT POLYGIENE ODOR CONTROL TECHNOLOGY - Naturally prevents the growth of odor causing bacteria.
- SITKA Gear – We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality apparel that ensures you’re prepared to tackle any obstacle, in any element, under any condition. Check out our storefront to view our complete line up of industry leading products.
Outdoor Research Men's Crocodile Gaiters, Black, X-Large
- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Abrasion-Resistant, Windproof, Laminated Construction
- Durable, waterproof and breathable
- Abrasion Resistant Cordura Inner Leg and Boot
- Larger Circumference Accommodates Plastic Boots
- Lightweight and Durable Bio Thane Instep Strap
Outdoor Research Men's Verglas Gaiters, Black, Medium
- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Breathable, Lightweight, Abrasion- Resistant, Windproof, Laminated Construction
- Waterproof, Breathable and Lightweight
- Abrasion Resistant Cordura Boot
- Molded Boot Section
- Hypalon Instep Strap
Colorado Elk Hunting Microfiber Neck Warmer Scarf Gaiter Headwear Face Mask
- Made Of High-quality Microfiber,Super Soft,Skin-friendly,Moisture Wicking,Anti-static,Uv Protection,Durable,Fast Drying,Windproof,Locking Temperature,Keep Warm When Worn In Cold Weather.
- The Size Is: 10x11.6 Inches, Suitable For Women And Men,And The Cold Leggings Of The Neck Are Perfect For Winter Sports And Various Duties.
- Easy To Wear: Unique Drawstring Design,Easy To Quickly Adjust The Neck Cover To The Best Size For You,Suitable For Everyone,Which Is Very Suitable For Neck Warmth.
- Versatile Design: This Soft And Comfortable Fleece Neck Warmer Is Versatile And Can Be Used As A Mask,Neck,Ski Mask,Half Mask,Pirate Hat To Meet Your Different Needs.
- Internal Instructions: Pull The Rope With A Plastic Rocker To Tighten The Headgear. Flat Seams Don't Rub Your Neck,And The Fabric Stretches In 4 Directions.
Peakit Hunting Leg Gaiters Waterproof Hiking Boot Gaiters Camo Snow Shoe Covers, Outdoor Skiing Gators for Men and Women (L,XL)
- Excellent Mud and Snow Proof Leg Gaiters: Prevents mud, rain, snow and wind from entering into your pants or hunting boots, and keep you leg dry and warm. It is comfortable gaiters for hiking, hunting, climbing, skiing, backpacking and outdoor researching in winter and summer.
- Superior Breathable and Waterproof Gaiters:Breathable and light nylon fabric with strong waterproof coating helps shed moisture when stepping in puddles or backpacking through rain or snow. Upgraded durable TPU belt can be used for long time, low temperate resistant(-35℃/-31℉).
- Superior Quiet and Lightweight Boot Gaiters: Camouflage color and noise elimination treatment offer your great hunting blind experience. Our high leg gaiters fold up easily and take up minimal space. This is your MUST PACK survival item when trekking, camping, fishing and other.
- Firm to Wear and Convenient to Use: With adjustable buckle strap and TPU footband, our adjustable leg gaiters fit different sizes of boots and running shoes. It’s easy to put on and take off with the front wide opening velcro, Check our high leg gaiters size chart for calf, leg and shoe measurements to find your ideal size.
- ✔ What You Will Get: One pair of leg gaiters, one year warranty, full money back return guarantee and superior customer service.
Elk Hunting as a Way of Life
Elk hunting is a natural quest, spent with family and friends in the outdoors. Being in nature and feeling your senses heighten, as you search the mountains for that one animal.
My brother nudges me, and whispers, look left. I slowly swing my binos to the left, and there are 3 does and a 3x3 buck, 150 yards away. They are slowly working towards the christmas trees, heading to their beds.
Then from below us, we hear a cow bark. A limb cracks, and the elk start coming up the hill heading towards the timber. I shoulder my rifle, and watch the lead cow come into view. Then a calf, 5 more cows, and a spike bull. I keep my rifle up, because I know the big bull will be last. Suddenly my scope is filled with antler tips, as the big bull walks into view. I click off the safety, and wait for the clear shot.
All of a sudden, I can not see the elk anymore, the fog rolled back in and is taunting me. The fog is swirling, back and forth, I can just make out an elk where the bull was located, but can no longer see antlers. Suddenly the fog lifts again, as if to say, "ok, I have teased you enough". The elk are still there, they have started to feed on the hillside, 300 yards away. The bull puts his head down and grabs a mouth full of vegetation, and turns broadside. I hear a hiss from my brother, as if to say, "are you going to shoot?" I settle the crosshairs on the bull's shoulder, I hear the boom of a gun going off, not conscious of squeezing the trigger. I see the elk stagger through my scope. He takes 5 steps and falls.
Suddenly, my brother is slapping me on the back, grinning from ear to ear, as I was too. We head over to admire my elk. He is a 4x5 bull that has a heavy black mane, and super light buckskin coloring on his body.
After more congratulations, my brother gets on the radio, calling in the others to help pack this beast the 4 miles back to the truck. I start the butchering process, thanking the elk for offering himself to me, to be able to feed my family this year.
Every year, we go on a quest, to hunt elk, to bring home meat for the table, but more importantly to bring home memories. Memories of the smile on my brother's face, the emotions of seeing wildlife out in the mountains, as God intended. The good natured ribbing of someone that has been skunked.
It is the time spent with friends and family, the time spent hiking alone in the deep timber, watching the sun rise over the hills, feeling the snow or rain on your face, as you watch an open hillside. It is the sweat, and sore muscles from hiking up and down mountainsides looking and watching for that one elk that you feel is there just for you. Watching a chipmunk, scamper up the log and trying to find the courage to get closer to take the snack you offer it.
Hunting is much more than shooting an animal, or being with buddies that you enjoy hanging with. It is something that comes from deep within you. It is natural, it is something that makes your senses that much keener. It is how things should be.