Best Dog Vest For Upland Hunting in 2023
CUGA VEST Serious Protection for The Active Dog (MED, Orange/Coyote)
Browning Dog Protection Vest Dog Hunting Vest, Safety Orange, Medium
- Browning | since 1878, Browning has continued to represent "the best there is" In firearms and outdoor products
- Durable construction | constructed from a lightweight water and tear resistant fabric. Protective chest plate provides your dog with protection against sticks and rocks while still offering flexibility for comfort and ease movement
- Adjustable fit | this vest is designed with a trim Mable chest area for a more precise fit. Hook and loop neoprene straps with neoprene padding offer optimum comfort and
- High visibility | bright Hunter orange with reflective accents ensures high visibility in low lighting
- Size | small: fits dogs 25-45 lbs. , 12"-17" Neck, 16"-21" Waist, 19" - 26" Chest | Medium: fits dogs 35-65 lbs. , 14"-18" Neck, 19"-26" Waist, 22"- 30" Chest | large: fits dogs 55-85 lbs. , 17"-22" Neck, 21"-28" Waist, 25"- 33" Chest
Mendota Pet Skid Plate Dog Chest Protector, Orange, Medium
- Two layers of water resistant 1000 denier Corduranylon
- Adjustable strap system made of rugged nylon webbing with quick release buckles
- Slide adjusters and steel center ring to ensure the Skid Plate stays on while providing the best possible fit
- Skid Plate protects your dog's chest, stomach, and side areas
- Offers high visibility, total mobility, and a custom fit
- Adjustable strap system with quick-release buckles
- Recommended by veterinarians to protect post-surgical wounds
- Made with two layers of water resistant 1000 denier Cordura nylon
Coastal Pet - Large Nickel Cow Bell With Nylon Strap - Perfect For Dog Training
- Large, Nickel, Cow Bell
- Nickel plated bell comes with an attached nylon strap
- Bell emits a medium tone that's easy to hear
- Easily attaches to a dog's collar
- Great tool to have when your are outdoors training your dog
Hurtta Worker Vest, Hunting/Sportsman Dog Vest, Orange Camo, M
- NO TWO DOGS ARE THE SAME - Don’t guess on the size. Use the size chart along with the “Measuring Your Dog” size guide. The chest measurement is the most important for the Worker Vest
- USES – The Worker Vest is a light, high-visibility vest for outdoor activities and hunting where being able to identify your dog is a must. The vest also has attachment loops around the neck for a GPS collar
- DURABLE - The belly flap is made of durable Cordura fabric to protect your dog when moving in the woods or fields, where there is a risk that branches may scratch the belly and chest. (this area can be trimmed to custom fit your dog)
- MATERIAL - The weatherproof Houndtex material is durable and does not rustle in use. The vest is also lined with a soft, mesh like fabric for breathability
- SAFETY - The back of the vest has zip fastening with a locking mechanism on the slider that prevents the zipper from opening when the dog moves. The snug fit makes the vest ergonomic and safe
RUFFWEAR - Jet Stream Vest, Salamander Orange, Small
- MADE FOR ADVENTURE: The Jet Stream is a cooling vest that uses shade and evaporative cooling to keep your dog cool during light and fast, high-intensity activities. To activate, simply wet the Jet Stream and wring out.
- STAY COOL: The layered construction is designed to keep your dog cool when the temperature rises. The outer layer reflects heat and facilitates evaporation while the middle layer absorbs and stores water for evaporation.
- STAY COMFORTABLE: The comfortable inner layer transfers the Jet Stream's cooling effect to your dog. Additionally, the vest style offers UPF 50+ coverage and maximum shade.
- DESIGNED FOR DOGS: The zippered closure provides a high-performance fit that allows your dog to run and play without restricting movement.
- BUILT TO LAST: The three-layer construction provides cooling, support, and stability that's sure to last for many seasons of adventures.
Orvis Men's Pro Series Hunting Vest, Olive
- The ultimate vest for all-day hunts when more gear is needed
- Superior support and large carrying capacity
- Super-durable fabric
- Weight distribution system helps fight fatigue
- Strap design won't inhibit shooting
Mudriver Mud River Chest Protector, Medium, Orange
- Helps protect chest and abdomen from cuts, scratches and other injuries caused by corn stalks and brush
- Nylon construction with reinforced chest area
- Sewn tucks and adjustable Velcro straps offer a customizable fit
- Blaze Orange for high visibility
- Medium: 36 lbs - 60 lbs
See Spot Trot - See Spot Zip EV Sport High Visibility Reflective Dog Safety Vest, Ideal to Keep Dogs Safe While Walking or Hunting. (Medium, Bright Yellow)
- SIZING - See our sizing chart for the perfect fit!
- Snag Free Zipper - Our See Spot Zip vests are constructed with a large tooth zipper that is easy to zip and unzip without snags.
- Stay Visible Day Or Night - Our See Spot Zip EV Sport Vests keep dogs safe, on or off leash! It’s designed for maximum visibility, day or night. Great for dog walking, dog hunting excursions, and just about any other type of outdoor adventure. Body form fit allows you to use your favorite harness or collar with this vest.
- NO RISK GUARANTEE! – If you don’t LOVE your new See Spot Trot safety vest, send it back for a full refund, no questions asked!
- Stand Out From The Crowd- Great for exercise time or a jog through the park. There are limited styles of dog jacket accessories and dog clothes out there so stand out from the crowd with our new See Spot Trot line of reflective gear!
Browning Camo Neoprene Dog Vest | Realtree MAX-5 | Size Small
- BROWNING | Since 1878, Browning has continued to represent "The Best There Is" in firearms and outdoor products
- QUALITY MATERIALS | 3mm neoprene fabric featuring authentic Real tree MAX-5 Camo promotes enhanced warmth while a flexible chest plate provides added protection from rocks and sticks
- TRIM-TO-FIT | Vests are designed to be trimmed in common friction areas for improved comfort and personalized size
- ADJUSTABLE | Straps across the back and side are adjustable with release buckle closures for added security
- SIZE | Small Vests fit best on 35-45 lb. dogs that fall within the following measurements: Neck 15"-19" | Chest 21"-23" | Waist 19"-22"
Training Your Dog
Tip on dog training.
HOW TO GET STARTED
To begin, there are a few supplies that should be at your disposal. Have treats ready to use for rewarding your dog while he is learning. This may be controversial, but for training purposes a choker chain works best. A good leash to attach to the choker chain will be needed in addition.
Hold each training session a few times a day. Dogs lose their concentration after 10-15 minutes, Keep each session short and training will be easier for both of you. Any member of your family, that will interact with your dog, must go through the training with him also. After putting the choker chain and leash on your dog, have him sit. Say "sit" while pushing back on his rear end, The next step, while he is sitting, is to throw a treat in front of the dog, so that he can see it, but just out of his reach. When your pet gets up to go get the treat, give a sharp tug on the leash. Then put him back in the sitting position. This step may take a few tries before moving on. Remember that praise is important by saying "good boy," giving him a pat and a treat.
As the dog progresses and you feel ready for the next step, put him in the sit position. Hold the leash loosely and walk in front of him. Turn your hand, palm out, saying stay. Each time he does not listen and gets up to walk toward you, walk right back to where you had him, give a sharp tug on the leash. Repeat until this step has been learned.
Once he has mastered the above steps, start teaching the command to lay by pressing on his upper back, saying down. There is a spot right between the shoulder blades that if you push on, he will lay down. If you cannot do this, gently pull his legs out so he will get in the lying position.
READY FOR THE OUTSIDE
Of course, obeying commands in the house is easier than being outside. There are so many things to distract your dog, such as car coming down the street, kids, birds, other dogs. So, once you have mastered the inside commands, you are both ready to go in front of your house and again, work through all commands already mastered.
Have you ever watched others walk their dog and wonder who is walking who? Yes, the next step is teaching your pet not only to heel when on a leash, but also learning how to turn when you do. Again, holding the leash loosely, have the dog get into the sit position. Tighten up on the leash so that he won't be able to get far from your side. To start off, say heel and starting walking. When he gets excited and tries to run ahead, and he will, tug sharply on the leash and get him back into position by your side and saying heel. Walk about 20 feet and turn around. The dog should circle you while staying at your side. This maneuver will take practice and time.
CLIMBING ON FURNITURE
Leave the choker chain and leash on. Every time your pet tries to get up on your furniture, tug the leash, say no, and go back to what you were doing. I must warn you, that this takes time and patience on your side. You may be up and down until you're tired, teaching this behavior for a few weeks. Use this method to teach your pet from going up stairs, if you have a second floor, and do not want him on that level. If he jumps on counters, etc.
I can't stress the importance of praise. Dogs want to please and many are eager to learn. As you progress a treat will not be necessary all the time. Simply say "what a good boy" and pat him once or twice as positive reinforcement.
Any other behavior you wish to teach your pet, can be accomplished, using the same methods of training with the leash and the choke collar, use hand palms towards the dog for sit and stay.
Some breeds of dogs are easier to train than others, so know you breed, so you can have a good idea of how long this may take. For example, Basset Hounds are very hard to train and will require more time and effort on your part to learn than some of the other breeds.