Best Dog To Train For Shed Hunting in 2023
DogBone Shed Dog Training Antler Retrieving System
Dog Bone Shed Dog Training DVD Shed Dog Training with Jeremy Moore (shed Dog, shed Hunting, Deer Tracking)
- EASY TO FOLLOW: Have your dog hunting and bringing you shed antlers in no time. Great for Deer antlers, Elk antkers, Mule Deer antlers, etc.
- AVOID COMMON MISTAKES: This hunting dog training DVD will help you use your dog's natural instincts to motivate and help build proper field patterns.
- FIND ALL THE SHEDS ON YOUR PROPERTY: This dog bone training DVD will help you teach your dog to work for you in this fast growing and rewarding sport.
- LEARN TO TRAIN LIKE AN EXPERT: Experiance behind the scenes methods and in-depth dog bone antler training sessions.
- SAVE MONEY AND TRAIN DOGS YOURSELF: This hunting dog DVD will show you everything you need to start training in the home and then in the field.
Conquest Scents Jeremy Moore's Antler Scent Dog Bone
- Antler scent in a stick
- Designed to train dogs to find shed antlers
- Wax formula prevents spilling and accidental leaks
Dokken Shed Antler Dog Hunting Training Handbook | SA-BKP | Deer Shed Antler Hunting
- Teaches you how to train your dog to retrieve shed antlers
- Trains dogs to find shed antlers using sight and scent
- Tons of color photos to further explain training process
- Applies years of Tom Dokken Shed DogTraining lessons
- This book can be used to train dogs to find deer, elk and moose antlers
D.T. Systems Training Pointing Dogs Dvd Collection of Volumes 1 to 4
- Featuring george hickox
- Volume 1 introduction to birds and guns (20 min)
- Volume 2 electronic collar training and basic obedience (40 min)
- Volume 3 holding point and hunting in range (20 min)
- Volume 4 advanced training (31 min)
Dokken's Rack Wax Dog Training Scent, .15 Ounce (4.25 Grams)
Dog Bone Game Recovery Kit (4-Piece Set) Complete Training and Wounded Game Tracking System | Blood Trail Scent, Drag Line, Real Hide, EZ Clip
- Essential Tracking Kit – Train almost any dog to track and find wounded game. Kit includes real deer hide, blood trail training scent, drag line, and training manual.
- Step-by-Step Training Manual – Written by renowned dog trainer Jeremy Moore, you’ll have an easy-to-follow training system to teach dogs to find wounded game.
- Genuine Deer Hide – The deer hide drag is a real piece of deer hide that allows you to lay down scent trails in your backyard, in the woods, or wherever you train.
- Blood Trail Training Scent – This advanced 2 oz. bottle of liquid blood trailing scent is made from real deer blood along with several other key wildlife scent components.
- Heavy-Duty Drag Line – At 10’ long our drag line and specially designed drag clip attach to the deer hide so you can conduct live drags as a part of consistent training.
SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking + E-Collar System - 10 Mile Range - Waterproof and Rechargeable - Tone, Vibration, and 99 Levels of Shock - Expandable to Locate and Train up to 21 Dogs
- US version only; This GPS dog finder and trainer receives and displays your location and your dog's GPS Collar location, while allowing you to also train your dog by providing 99 levels static stimulation, along with tone and vibrate options
- The Handheld Device features 1:100,000 preloaded topo maps with unlimited lifetime map updates, no subscription required
- Featuring HopTek technology, this system uses GPS satelites, not cell service, to track and train your dog up to 10 miles away; Track and train up to 21 dogs with the purchase of additional TEK Series 2.0 GPS + E-Collar Add-A-Dog Collars (TEK-2AD)
- View, or listen to (bluetooth headset compatible), the direction and status of your dog; The Handheld Device will show the direction each dog is headed, the path they took to get there, and whether they are moving or stopped
- The Handheld Device and GPS Collar are both waterproof and submersible, as well as rechargeable; Easily update both units with the included USB Cables and desktop application
- The included quick start guide and training DVD, a downloadable operating guide, and a locally based Customer Care Center, reachable at 844-209-4636, provide support when you need it
- By designing our products in the field, with heat, cold, rain, snow, dust, mud, and wind in mind, SportDOG has become the most recognized brand in the electronic tracking and training categories, making the promise to always create "Gear The Way You'd Design It"
Dog Bone Obedience Dog Training DVD Building a Solid Foundation with Jeremy Moore. Dog Training - (shed Dog, shed Hunting, Deer Tracking, obedience Training)
- EASY TO FOLLOW: This Dog Bone Training DVD will help you build a solid foundation for you pup. Lay the Essential Foundation from Jeremy's proven teaching methods which can be applied with any Dog.
- SIMPLE AND RELATABLE: This proven hands on approach to train hunting dogs will give you real examples with real dogs. Jeremy's dog hunting DVD is effective and consistant. You will be able to start training from Day 1.
- FOUNDATIONAL SKILL TRAINING FOR ANY DOG: Learn to grasp the basic commands in these universal training concepts and learn to define and recognize dog behaviors.
- LEARN TO TRAIN LIKE AN EXPERT: You will develop new habits as a handler as well as new habits in your Dog. Learning these essential communication methods will help you train like a Pro.
- SAVE MONEY ON COSTLY OBEDIENCE SCHOOL: This dog training DVD will show you everything you need to start training in the home and then in the field.
Bundle of 2 Items - E-Collar - UL-1200-1 Mile Rechargeable Remote Waterproof Upland Hunting Trainer Educator - Static, Vibration and Sound Stimulation Collar with PetsTEK Dog Training Clicker
- This is a bundle of 2 items: Educator - UL-1200 and PetsTEK Dog Training Clicker. Perfect for back yards, parks, competitions, police k-9 work, any types of hunting and large field training.
- This training system has up to 1 mile range and fully waterproof with a remote that will float in the water. Also features a proprietary “blunt stimulation”.
- Use with dogs that are 20 pounds and larger. Featuring 100 lock and set levels of static stimulation. Momentary and Continuous buttons for personalized training. For neck sizes between 6 - 30 inches. Assembled and tested in the USA.
- Both units have built in rechargeable batteries, lost transmitter beeper and remote controlled night light.
- With help of the clicker, you can teach your dog new behaviors with positive reinforcement. Training clicker comes in color: black.
Tips for Deer Hunting on Hot Days
Article provides tips on deer hunting on hot days.
Stand hunters generally find little deer movement on hot days. As deer often move less on hot days, productive stands in normal weather see less deer than normal. However, as the temperature goes up so does the deer's need for water. Picking a stand near a water source can increase the number of deer that a hunter sees from their stand. Being on stand at first and last light is even more important during hot weather as these cooler times of the day are even more likely to be productive for the deer hunter. Those with a stand in wooded areas might still find deer browsing for nuts and other food in the shade. During the heat of the day however, stand hunters might be best served by hitting the ground and still hunting for bedded deer.
Still hunting deer on hot days means focusing on areas that provide shade near to food and water. With good scouting, a deer hunter should know where mast production is best. As deer are generally less active during unseasonable hot days, a still hunter should look for deer close to these food sources and water. A great place to look for deer is on or near shaded flats near a stream. A deer hunter should find some high ground and carefully approach the area. From this vantage point, the hunter needs to move slowly and carefully glass looking for bedded deer. Small farm ponds are another hotspot for hot weather deer as are natural springs that may provide water in areas that are generally dry.
Regardless of the challenges of hunting deer in hot weather, hunters need to hit the woods. While hunting may be more difficult, the deer are still there and most hunters have limited time they can hunt. Hunters should vary their tactics as best they can and be ready for what opportunities present themselves.