Best Coon Hunting Light in 2023
Kohree CREE 80000 LUX LED Coyote Hog Coon Hunting Light, Rechargeable Predator Hunting, 3 LED Cap Light, 5 Position Switch, Multiple Colors (White Red Green) + Soft Cap
GearOZ Coon Hunting Lights Headlamp for Coyotes Hog Predators, Rechargeable & Waterproof, 6 Lighting Modes, 4 Powerful LEDs (White Red Green Amber) with Camo Hunting Hat Perfectly for Night Working
- Long beam range for spotting coons, predators, coyotes eyes around 500 yards to 800 yards.
- Rechargeable 18650 battery with circuit safety protection, power up headlamp over 15 hours.
- Engineering grade waterproof shell protects your headlamp from rough weather and collision.
- Switch between 6 different lighting modes. Adjust to a full range of lighting needs.
- Gifted box packing with 1 instruction manual, make a great gift!
Kohree 80000LUX CREE 10W XML U2 LED Hunting Explosion Proof Mining Camping Light KL11LM Mining Headlamp Headlight-with 4 Optical Filters
- HIGH POWER LED HEADLIGHT: High Power 10W CREE XML U2 LED, Super Brightness 70000-80000LUX, Range to 300 meters.
- 4 MODE SUPER BRIGHT LED HEADLIGHT: 4 lighting modes for hunting, coal mining,night fishing,camping ,hiking, bicycling(25% 50% 75% 100%)
- WATERPROOF IP54 AND EXPLOSION PROOF: Ideal for all water use,no worry about the rainy day,best headlamp for outdoor activities.
- SUPER LARGER BATTERY CAPACITY: 11000mAh Li-ion Battery, longer illumination time. It comes with a home charger and a wall charger, Please note that you can only use the charger provided.
- SATISFACTORY GUARANTEE: Kohree stands behind all of its products 100%. These lights come with a 12 month warranty. If you received broken or defective lights, please contact us Kohree any time, we will compensate you with free replacement or full refund.
Kohree Cree T6 LED Explosion Proof Mining Hunting Camping Headlight 10w with 2 Modes, 10W AC 85-265V
- High Power 10W CREE T6 LED, Range to 500 meters, the luminous flux reaches 700
- 2-MODE LED Headlight, one of the brightest miner's lamp / hunting lights available in the market.
- ABS material, Waterproof & Explosion proof, Removable Design, Portable and easy to carry
- Larger 6600mAh Li-ion battery capacity, about 9 hours charging time, longer illumination time
- Lighting Time: 2-modes (8Hours, 16hours); Length of the power line: 1.5m
RinglitÂ® 5W 6000mAh KL6LM LED Miner Headlight Lamp Camping Fishing Hunting Cap Lamp Mining Light 40000Lx IP67--Range:unbelievable 500 meters!!!
- Apply for hunting mining cap lamp LED light
- environmental-friendly lamp, waterproof which can range 500 meters
- Illumination: 35000-40000Lx (start of lighting)
- 0.9A (main illuminant) 0.4A (the second illuminant
- Battery life: >500 cycle time
Kohree Dimmable Hog Coyote Coon Hunting Light 10W Cree LED Rechargeable Predator Hunting Mining Headlight with Switch Knob,4 Optical Filters, Charger kit
- *【Brightness Dimmable Hunting Light】 4 Modes, 0 to 100% brightness control with the switch knob, can be easily operated with glove on
- *【Long Range】:300+ yards without filter of bright and focused beam ,featuring the high power Cree U2 10W LED
- *【Larger capacity Rechargeable Lithium battery pack】: 11000mAh li-ion battery and last long time, 7+ hours of run time on brightest, 20+ hours on medium ,up to 30 hours on low
- *【Improved Charging time】: come with 1.5A output wall charger takes about 6h for fully charged
- *【complete Hunting Light Set】: 4 colored (red, green, blue, orange) filter lens that comes in handy to not spook animals on night hunts. A car charger included- you can charge in truck. USB converter- charge your phone if it run out in an emergency
GearOZ Coon Hunting Lights Headlamp for Coyotes Hog Predators, 4 Lighting Modes, Rechargeable and Waterproof Hunting Headlight with Camo Hunting Bracket Hat
- 4 LIGHTING MODES: Switch between 4 different lighting modes. Adjust to a full range of lighting needs.
- SUPER BRIGHT HEADLIGHTS: Powerful 10W Cree LED bulb can show your path 800 yards away.
- LONG-LASTING LIGHTS: High capacity rechargable 18650 batteries can light up your path for 15 hours max.
- WATERPROOF & DURABLE: Rated as IP68 Dust-proof And Rain-proof grade. Make sure your light stays on even when it's raining.
- MULTIPLE USE: Pack with green and red filters for scanning coons,predators,coyotes,hogs etc at night. Our camping headlamps are perfect for camping, hiking, walking, running, fishing.
Nite Lite Rechargeable Nite Sport II LED Hunting Light Package
- 6-Volt 5W LED Headlamp
- 2 Brightness Settings
- 0ver 40 Hours of Burn Time
- Lightweight Battery Pouch
- Super Tight Spot
Kohree Waterproof IP65 CREE XML U2 10W LED 800 Lumens 2-Mode Hunting Light Headlamp 6600mAh Mining Headlight Lamp for Hog, Coon, Coyote, Fox Hunting
- 2-MODE Super Bright LED Headlight (40%,100%)
- Super larger battery capacity 6600mAh Li-ion Battery, longer illumination time
- With Red, green, blue, yellow, white optical filters, use for Mining, Hunting etc
- Waterproof IP65 & explosion proof;Portable and easy to carry
- High Power 10W CREE XML U2 LED;Super brightness 800 Lumens+;Range to 200 meters above
Kohree KL6LM 5W 25000Lux LED Miner Head Light Headlight Lamp Fit for Hog/Deer/Coon/Coyote Hunting, Mining, Camping
- Made of high intensity engineering plastic ABS, with full-sealing construction
- Explosion proof, water proof, dust proof, moisture proof and impact proof
- Safety and high performance, light weight and small volume
- Suitable for all kinds of application, like marine using, exploration working, flood prevention
- Suitable for coal mining, outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting, camping, auto repair and so on
Raccoon Hunting for Beginners
Hunting raccoon for decades has been fun. It's time to pass some knowledge to a new generation of coon hunters.
Raccoon hunting is done at night. That is when they are out moving around. The best way to hunt coons is with hunting dogs. Many dogs are bred to hunt various animals. Every hunter has different feelings on what type of dog is best for raccoon hunting. I have hunted with many good dogs. From my personal experience, I would recommend Blue Tick coon hounds. Other types of hounds used are Redbones, Treeing Walkers, Black and Tans, Plott hounds and countless other kinds. We always had the best luck with an old blue. The dog has a distinctive trail bark, and a great nose.
The hardest thing about coon hunting is training the dogs. The best raccoon hunting dogs, in my opinion, come from Arkansas. That is where are dogs came from. We got young dogs that had been started already. That means the dogs were already sent out on hunts, with experienced dogs. This makes it easier to train them. They already have a good idea of what there doing. The best way to train your dog is to hunt it with an older dog for a season. All the old hunters loved helping one another. Today with the Internet, good dogs can be found in lots of states. When I was hunting, word of mouth told you where the best dogs came from. I hunted in Connecticut, still all the old timers swore by Arkansas hound dogs.
Always be prepared when hunting. Flashlights are a necessity. Always bring a spare just in case. We always had a powerful light just to shine the trees with. A compass, along with the knowledge of how to use it, is advised. Good warm boots and gloves are needed, especially when hunting in New England. A 22 caliber rifle was what I always used to shoot the raccoons. A 22 pistol is also helpful, but not a necessity. A basic first aid kit is also a good idea. Many times I would get different cuts and scrapes. Always try to travel light.
Now that you are ready for the hunt, it is time to decide where to go. We always hunted behind old farms, or in cornfields. Never hunt near main roads. A raccoon can run miles sometimes. Many farmers would ask if you could hunt their land. They wanted the raccoons out of their cornfields. Today good hunting spots are hard to find. If you know somebody that hunts raccoon, ask for their advice. Always get the landowners permission. One of my favorite spots was in Ledyard, Connecticut. It was called "Rattlesnake Ledge." Today, Foxwoods Casino is built there. Nobody can believe that it was a prime hunting area. I ran up ledges there on many occasion. I never saw a rattlesnake while hunting there. I have heard stories from hunters who had.
Always walk your dog or dogs into the woods. Some hunters would walk the dog on a leash, until they came across a scent. We would let the dog loose as soon as we got into the woods. The dog would take off hunting, checking back with us every so often. Once the dog comes across the coons scent, the fun begins. The dog will follow the raccoons scent. Don.t rush the dog. Just wait and listen to the dog barking trail. If the dog takes off real hard, barking continually, you have a red hot scent, or the dog might be chasing a deer. Always try to stay close enough so you can hear your dog. Sometimes a dog will chase a deer. Good dogs will quickly figure out the difference, and get of the deers trail.
The raccoon will use many tricks when being chased. Some will go across brooks or ponds, so their scent is harder to follow. Also a raccoon can drown a dog if it has to. Occasionally the coon will tap a tree. This is when it climbs up a few feet on the tree, then jumps off, and keeps running. It is trying to fool the dog into thinking it has ended its run. Sometimes the dog will think the raccoon is in the tapped tree. An experienced dog won't be fooled for long, but the raccoon may have bought a few more minutes. Raccoons can cover miles of hard terrain.
Once the dog has successfully treed the raccoon, it's voice will change. It goes from a short choppy bark, to a longer howl. Experience will tell you the difference. The howl, is the dog barking up the tree, with the raccoon hopefully in it. This is when the hunter approaches. You follow the dogs voice until you find him. Once you get to the tree, it is important to first find the raccoon in the tree, then reward your dog. Sometimes there will be multiple raccoons in the same tree. This means you have a whole litter. A good sportsman will spare the young, letting them live for another chase. When you do shoot the raccoon at the end of the hunt, let the dog attack the coon when it falls out of the tree. I have seen raccoons get shot out of trees 50 or 60 feet high. They hit the ground running. The dog looks forward to the altercation with the coon. Old timers would always let the dog taste the raccoons blood, but not let them harm the coon pelt. The raccoon hides would eventually be sold.
Once the hunt is over, it is time to put the dog on a leash, and find your way out of the woods. Always walk the dog out on a leash, unless you want to hunt some more. The dog will hunt as long as you want him to. A good dog will stay treeing a raccoon, until his or her master comes for him. We lost a dog one night. We looked all night for him. Finally we found the dog the next morning,12 hours, and 5 miles from where we started. The dog was still barking tree.
Always have the dog wearing a collar with his name, your name, and phone number. There is always a chance that you get separated from one another. Also keep a blanket that the dog sleeps on, with you. I knew a hunter that would leave the blanket where he parked. If he lost his dog , he would go back to the blanket, and the dog would eventually find it.
Hopefully this article will help somebody just getting started in the sport. Hunting raccoon is unique, because it is done at night. I would always suggest going with a partner. Another important thing to know is the weather. The dog will hunt no matter what the weather. The biggest fear for a coon hunter is the wind. Wind will distort your hearing perception. It is best to hunt when the air is still. If you are trying to find a lost dog all night, hunting can lose its appeal in a hurry. Done correctly it can be a very enjoyable sport. Listening to a dog barking tree, on a still autumn night, is both exciting and relaxing.