Best Cold Weather Deer Hunting Bibs in 2022
Arctix Men's Essential Insulated Bib Overalls, Realtree MAX-5 Camo, Large (36-38W 32L)
Wildfowler Waterproof Insulated Bibs, Wild Grass, Medium
- Two-way zipper front with button-down storm flap
- Two front and two back zipper pockets for storage
- Elastic side panels for comfortable fit
- Side zipper with button flap on the leg bottoms
- Reinforced seat and knees and two-inch adjustable shoulder straps
Mossy Oak Sherpa 2.0 Fleece Lined Camo Hunting Bib Overalls for Men, Bottomland, 3X-Large
- DESIGN: The outer shell is made from a soft, quiet, and durable 390g performance micro-fleece fabric that sheds light rain and snow. The inner layer is lined with Sherpa fleece for ultimate warmth in cold winter weather.
- COMFORT: Athletic cut, camo bibs with stretch properties and partial elastic waist for a comfortable fit. They also feature articulated stitched knees for easier squatting and kneeling. Inner thigh zipper openings were added for added breathability.
- FEATURES: Elastic 2" wide shoulder straps with heavy duty buckles and quick adjustments, double sided full length front zipper, knee length leg zippers with a button storm flap, and snap tab hem ankle adjustment with 3 position snaps.
- VERSATILITY: Pair them with any light to heavy weight base layering system for all-season use in cool to frigid conditions. These hunting bibs are available in Mossy Oak Bottomland, Break-Up Country, and Original Tree stand camo patterns.
- MEN'S WAIST SIZING: Small (28"-32") | Medium (32"-34") | Large (36"-38") | X-Large (40"-42") | 2X-large (44"-46") | 3X-Large (48"-50") INSEAM: 32"
HABIT WB713-F17-M-1-6-XL-905 Men's Insulated Bib, MO Country/Cub, X-Large
- Soft and quiet Tricot
- Scent factor scent Inhibitor technology
- Waterproof, breathable, and windproof
- 2 way front zipper opening and zipper leg Openings with snap closure and reinforced kick plate
- Insulated for extra warmth
Onyx-Arctic Shield-X-System Unisex Performance fit bib, Blaze Orange, Medium
- retain patented heat retention technology for added warmth
- High cut bib with elastic waistband
- Thigh-high two-way zippered side gussets with Storm flap
- Zippered chest pocket; rear pockets and side slash pockets
- Adjustable bottom cuff to keep wind, dirt, and cold out
Mossy Oak Men's Cotton Mill 2.0 Camouflage Hunting Bib Overall in Multiple Camo Patterns, Bottomland, X-Large
- DESIGN: Our camo bibs are made from 58% cotton, 39% polyester, and 3% spandex blend. They feature adjustable shoulder straps with button lock tabs, a partial elastic waistband, two side buttons on both sides for a adjustable fit, and a zippered fly.
- COMFORT: Two-way stretch fabric was built in all over for extra comfort and mobility. They also feature articulated knees for added comfort while kneeling, sitting, or climbing.
- BREATHABLE & DURABLE: This special blended clothing fabric is lightweight with added softness and durability to keep you protected and quiet in the field. Double layered knee fabric was also added for crawling or walking through brush.
- VERSATILITY: The perfect hunting bib from spring turkey to fall archery. They are available in Mossy Oak Break-Up Country, Bottomland, Obsession, Mountain Country, Vintage Greenleaf, Original Bottomland, and Original Treestand camo patterns.
- MEN'S WAIST SIZING: Small (28"-32") | Medium (32"-34") | Large (36"-38") | X-Large (40"-42") | 2X-large (44"-46") | 3X-Large (48"-50") - Standard 32" inseam across all sizes
Ergodyne N-Ferno 6823 Balaclava Ski Mask, Wind-Resistant Camo Face Mask, Hinged Design
- WIND-RESISTANT – Protective fabric paneling over face shields against the wind’s bite
- BREATH EASY – Align mesh panel over the mouth for optimal airflow
- HINGED DESIGN – Can be worn in 3 different ways: open face balaclava, neck gaiter or full ski mask
- HIGH-QUALITY THERMAL FLEECE – Warmth in mild to extreme conditions
- LONG LENGTH – Full head & neck coverage that easily tucks into jackets
- REFLECTIVE ACCENTS – Help keep workers safe and seen
Camo Jacket New View Waterproof Hunting Camouflage Hoodie Military Jacketor and Pants for Unisex X-Large
- HUNTING JACKETS: NEW VIEW Hunting Jackets,Amazingly smooth-face polyester meets brushed interior fleece,with waterproof,windproof,breathable and thermal.
- CAMOUFLAGE: Designed our hunting parka pattern based on nature,extremely realistic depiction of various items of vegetation. Camouflage print, Shark skin soft shell fabric，Very marked depth effect between the design's foreground and background, lets you blend in the Natural Gear .
- VERSATILE:3D three-dimensional hooded, which can be hidden and expended freely, folding and convenient;zipper under each arm breathable ,Two-way full-zip front , elastic string at guard, adjustable magic pasted cuffs.
- LOTS OF POCKETS: Hunting suit have 6 pockets,2 high chest pockets,3 sleeve pockets,1 split-kangaroo pocket;4 interior cord openings;2 D-ring tabs,2 pen pockets/slots.The pockets allow to store all essential survival items.
- GREAT FOR OUTDOOR:Outdoor sports pocket hooded camouflage jacket,Suitable for hunting、tactical、shooting、army、paintball、hiking、camping、fishing、off-road、constructing work
Rivers West Men's Hunting Waterproof Ambush Jacket, X-Large, Realtree Edge
- Advanced waterproof fleece: A 5. 2 oz micro-fleece exterior coupled with a 9. 4 oz sherpa-fleece lining.
- Zip-off visor hood: large enough to be worn with a ball cap, This hood has 3 different adjustments. The visor disperses rain around the sides of the hood, preventing excess water from dripping in front of your face and obscuring your vision.
- Sling-gripper shoulders: they allow you 'hands-free' Access to cross obstacles, Use your binoculars, or just walk without needing to grip your gun Sling. You can bend at a 30-degree angle without touching your sling.
- Underarm zipper vents: 2-way underarm zipper vents allow for cooling relief when overheating. This expels Excess body heat letting cool air into the jacket. Open from the top down, or the bottom up so you can easily adjust around a bino-harness.
- Magnetized Cargo pockets: low-charge magnets will not interfere with GPS, cell phones, or digital cameras. Pockets lock in the 'open' Or 'closed' Position. No noisy Velcro. No snap to search for (taking your eyes off the field).
HECS Hunting - Energy Concealing 3-Piece Hunting Suit - Includes Shirt, Pants & Headcover | Mossy Oak Country | 2XLarge
- 3-PIECE SUIT – Includes one long sleeved top with thumb holes, one pair of pants which feature a premium elastic waistband with a drawstring and side pockets, one lightweight head cover that’s adjustable for comfort, and a complimentary DVD!
- BECOME UNDETECTABLE WITH STEALTHSCREEN – This patented material blocks your electrical energy field, so animals won’t sense you! A carbon fiber conductive mesh in the fabric creates a Faraday shield to block your EMF.
- SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN – Studies show that HECS Stealthscreen material allows you to get 69-75% closer to an animal without detection.
- VERSATILE HUNTING CLOTHING – Wear HECS as an undergarment or utilize the Mossy Oak Country and Realtree Xtra camouflage patterns as an outerwear. Ideal for deer and turkey hunting. Unisex design is suitable for men or women.
- REVOLUTIONARY PATENTED TECHNOLOGY – The concept of electrical energy shielding is revolutionary and underestimated. Check our industry leading clothing such as full suits, base layers, gloves, and hats to see the difference HECS technology makes!
Deer Hunting with the .240 Weatherby Magnum
Article looks at deer hunting with the .240 Weatherby Magnum.
As mentioned above the .240 Weatherby Magnum has a muzzle velocity of about 3400 feet per second. Muzzle energy for the .240 Weatherby Magnum is roughly 2500 foot pounds of energy. At 300 yards the .240 Weatherby Magnum's 100 grain bullet is still moving along at just over 2600 feet per second and is producing about 1500 foot pounds of energy (ballistic information from Weatherby.com). While the rule of thumb of 1000 foot pounds of energy being needed for an effective deer round is not a perfect rule, it is still interesting to look at. The .240 Weatherby Magnum produces over 1000 foot pounds of energy out past the 500 yard mark. Of course, 300 yards is good maximum range for most deer hunters, but it is interesting to see that the cartridge can deliver from even farther.
Perhaps the most interesting thing about the .240 Weatherby Magnum's capabilities is that its recoil is so reasonable considering its downrange ballistics. In my experience, felt recoil from the .240 Weatherby Magnum is less than the .270 Winchester or 30-06 Springfield, more in line with a 30-30 Winchester. This lower level of recoil makes the .240 Weatherby Magnum a possible choice for those who cannot tolerate a lot of recoil but who deer hunt in open country where longer shots are common.
The .240 Weatherby Magnum is currently available from Weatherby in their Mark V rifles. Used .240 Weatherby Magnums are not too common in my area but they do turn up from time to time. As the .240 Weatherby Magnum is not overly popular, this often means that the prices the used rifles are offered at are reasonable. Barrel life is always a concern with the fast moving Weatherby cartridges so inspect the barrel well before buying a used rifle in this caliber. Loaded ammunition is available from Nosler and Weatherby and reloading components are readily available from sources such as Midway.
If you are in the market for a new deer rifle and want a gun that can handle long shots without punishing recoil or if you simply like to hunt with something a little different, check out the .240 Weatherby Magnum.