Best Camera Arm For Hunting in 2021
Muddy Hunt Hard Camera Arm
Muddy Outfitter Camera Arm
- Outfitter camera arm
- Upc: 813094020041
- MCA200-Muddy number: Mca200
Muddy Basic Camera Arm
- Basic camera arm
- Upc: 813094020034
- MCA100-Muddy number: Mca100
Fourth Arrow Stiff Arm Camera Arm for Filming Hunts
- Shoulder with a ball joint leveling System
- 360 degrees of rotation and 60 degrees of total angle
- Compact design
HME Products Better Camera Holder
- All-steel camera mounting head rotates 360° with a full range tilt up to directly below your treestand
- Unique mounting system
- Includes three mounting screws for use at multiple locations
- Study and dependable extendable mount for compact video camera
- Not intended for larger proressional-grade video equiptment
High Point Camera Holder Clamp On, Grey
- No tools required for installation
- Department Name: Mens
- Material Type: Aluminum
Realtree Outfitters Mount, 34", Charcoal
- Realtree EZ Mount gives you versatility for "over the shoulder" filming.
- EZMount can also be used for Trail Cameras and gives you a choice of any tree at any angle.
- Ball-joint mount and folding body gives maximum range of motion.
- Keeps camera within arms reach.
- Frees your hands for calling and shooting.
Realtree Outfitters Realtree 34" EZ Mount/EZ PIC Cell Phone Holder Combo Black/Green
- 34 inch 3-arm ez mount and ez cell phone holder makes filming easy
- Ez to screw into tree
- Ball-joint mount and folding body gives maximum range of motion
- Keeps camera in arm's reach and freeing your hands to call or shoot
- Ez pic securely holds most smart phones
SIOTI Jaws Flex Clamp Mount with Adjustable Goose Neck and Cellphone Tripod Adapter Mount Compatible with GoPro Hero4 Session,Hero4,Hero3+,Hero3,Hero2,Hero Cameras and iPhone Samsung Most Smartphone
- The Jaws Flex Clamp Mount can fix your Gopro and action camera firmly on any object 0.25 to 2 inches(0.6cm to 5cm) in diameter.
- Compatible with GoPro Hero Cameras,other action cameras and most smartphone.
- Phone holder fits any smatphone from 2.3" to 3.3" wide such as: iPhone X,8,8 Plus,7,7 Plus,6S,6S Plus,6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4s 4 as well as Samsung Galaxy Series,Note Series product and many others.
- Universal Conversion Adapter fits into any standard GoPro Mount,phone holder can attach to tripod with Universal Conversion Adapter or a 1/4-20 threading. Extremely easy to use and super convenient to setup.
- Can be attached directly to clamp for low-profile mounting.
HME Products Better Trail Camera Holder
- Super sharp screw that makes it easy to screw into tree
- Camera head rotates 360 degrees and tilts up and down 120 degrees
- Supports all trail cameras with 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on bottom
- Great for placing trail camera in exact desired location
- Included wingnut makes for easy removal of camera
Deer Hunting with the .300 Winchester Short Magnum
For deer hunting, the .300 WSM should perform well, though the energy levels it produces will not be needed for most deer hunting uses. As an elk round the short action .300 WSM should be a great choice.
First, let's consider the .300 WSM against the two traditional .30 bolt action choices for deer hunting: the .308 Winchester and .30-06 Springfield. Using statistics from Remington.com and similar Express loads using the 150 grain Point Soft Point Core-Lokt bullet the .300 WSM is the clear velocity leader. At the muzzle the .300 WSM generates over 3300 feet per second while the .308 musters 2820 feet per second and the 30-06 produces 2910 feet per second. However, downrange energy and bullet drop are of more importance to the hunter. At 300 yards the .300 Winchester Short Magnum has a sizeable lead in energy while carrying about 1860 foot pounds of energy. The .308 Winchester and the .30-06 Springfield meanwhile produce about 1350 foot pounds of energy and 1450 foot pounds of energy at the 300 yard mark. In terms of bullet drop at 300 yards (each using a 200 yard zero) the .300 WSM has a bullet drop of 2.4 inches with the .308 dropping 3.4 inches and the .30-06 dropping 3.2 inches. Though the energy numbers are significant, the difference in bullet drop is very little. However, extended out to 500 yards, a distance beyond the capability of most hunters and most field rests, the bullet drop lead is held by the .300 WSM over the .30-06 by just over 10 inches and the .308 by just over 15 inches.
The .300 Winchester Short Magnum compares well against the .300 Winchester Magnum as well. While the .300 Winchester Magnum has a lead over the short and fat .300 WSM, the differences at the muzzle are minimal. Even at the 300 yard mark, the two cartridges are about identical. Velocity of the .300 Winchester Short Magnum at 300 yards is 2343 feet per second while the .300 Winchester Magnum is 2364 feet per second. Energy levels are 1828 foot pounds of energy for the .300 WSM at 300 yards and 1861 foot pounds of energy for the .300 Winchester Magnum. While the older .300 Winchester Magnum outperforms the short action newcomer, the difference is negligible. Given the fact that short action rifles are shorter and weigh less than magnum length action rifles, the .300 WSM would probably be a better carry rifle for those hunting in rugged areas.
While the .300 WSM is popular enough at this time that finding ammunition should not be a problem, it would be hard to imagine the world where finding .308 or .30-06 ammo will be a chore. However, a recent check at the large retailer where I buy ammunition shows that ammunition for the .300 WSM costs about $12 more per box than ammo for either the .308 or .30-06 which may be a consideration for some. For deer hunting, the .300 WSM should perform well, though the energy levels it produces will not be needed for most deer hunting uses. As an elk round the short action .300 WSM should be a great choice.