10 Best Boots For Treestand Hunting
Updated on: June 2023
Best Boots For Treestand Hunting in 2023
ArcticShield Men's Waterproof Durable Insulated Rubber Neoprene Outdoor Boots
Fisken Scent Control Scent Free Odor Eliminating Boot Inserts Natural Activated Bamboo Charcoal, Camo, 1 Pair for Hunting Pack, Gear Bin, Hunting Clothes, Hunting Boots, Truck, or Car.
- 🏹ULTIMATE ODOR ABSORBER : The easiest way to maintain odor free hunting boots, packs, and equipment is with Fisken bamboo charcoal scent control bags. Our natural charcoal bags absorb not only human odors in your gear but also air-borne allergens, bacteria, pollutants, and moisture. And unlike other scent control methods, these charcoal odor eliminators don't emit chemical fragrances, formaldehyde, ammonia and chloroform gases.
- 🏹EFFECTIVE SCENT CONTROL FOR MANY APPLICATIONS: Use the Fisken Scent Control bags as a car and truck odor absorber, hunting bin deodorizer, hunting pack freshener, boot deodorizer, shoe odor absorber, car/truck air freshener and more. Keep it in your hunting pack while in the stand to help absorb odors from within your hunting pack.
- 🏹ECO-FRIENDLY SCENT CONTROL BAGS SAFE FOR KIDS & PETS: Fisken Scent Control Charcoal Bags are nontoxic, biodegradable, and fragrance-free. Since they are free of any kind of chemical, these are sure to be safe around children and pets. These scent free bags are just as safe as they are effective.
- 🏹LONG LASTING: Place the Fisken Scent Control bamboo charcoal bag in the sun for 2 hours once a month, if possible. This will naturally rejuvenate the charcoal by removing excess moisture, extending the life of the odor absorbers for up to 2 years.
- 🏹SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We take pride in our environmentally safe scent control bags. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact us for a replacement or refund any time within 30 days of your purchase.
Muck Arctic Sport Rubber High Performance Men's Winter Boots
- 5 mm neoprene provides comfort and flexibility, along with excellent waterproofing, shock absorption and heat retention properties; adjusts to your foot shape to resist blisters and chafing
- Completely sealed rubber shell extends up above ankle area for added protection from moisture
- Fleece lining is soft, durable and provides exceptional warmth in frigid environments; 2 mm of thermal foam under footbed; comfort rated from -40 °F to 40 °F (-40°C to 4°C)
- Outsole with rugged molded lugs for increased traction on slippery and uneven terrain
- 100% waterproof winter boots; EVA contoured, molded midsole for increased support
Muck Boots Arctic Pro Bark - Men's 11.0, Women's 12.0 B(M) US
- 8 mm neoprene provides comfort and flexibility, along with excellent waterproofing, shock absorption and heat retention properties; adjusts to your foot shape to resist blisters and chafing
- Muck's warmest boot; fleece lining is soft, durable and provides exceptional warmth in extreme cold; 2 mm thermal foam under the footbed for extra warmth; comfort rated from -60 °F to 30 °F (-50 °C to -1 °C)
- Stretch-fit Comfort Topline snugs calf to seal in warmth while keeping cold and debris out; double reinforcement in the instep, heel and Achilles area where you need it most.
- Lightweight EVA midsole for additional cushioning; super aggressive Bob-Tracker outsole is rugged and durable
- High-grade rubber provides extra toughness and makes for a 100% waterproof hunting boot; 17-inch height for maximum protection; rear pull loops for easy on/off, Shaft Circumference: 17"
Irish Setter Men's 2873 Vaprtrek 8" Hunting Boot,Realtree Xtra Camouflage,10.5 D US
- 8" lace-up hunting boot with 400 gram PrimaLoft insulation, full-grain waterproof leather and Realtree Xtra Camouflage
- UltraDry Waterproofing system
- ScentBan technology to kill odor causing bacteria
- RPM composite technology reduced weight while maintaining comfort and durability
Hawk Helium Climbing Stick 3 PK. for Treestand Fold Up Steps with Boot Grabbing Grooves
- Traction grabbing steps
- Includes silent-use tree attachment hooks and trigger teeth
- Compact design
Irish Setter Men's Ravine-2880 Hunting Shoes, Gray/Black, 8 2E US
IceBreaker Boot Blanket Large Mossy Oak Breakup, Large (11-13)
- Features. Features a rear zipper for easy on easy off and a draw cord for a snug fit above boot.. Nylon inner shell with slip resistant vinyl sole.
- 2 ply Hollofil 808 insulation. Color: Mossy Oak BreakUp. Made in China.
- Model Number: BK-840-LG.
Realtree Outfitters Men's Ultra-Dri Boot Socks (1-Pair), Black, Large
- Superior moisture control
- Half cushion foot
- Reinforced heel and toe
- Stay up leg and top
- Superior moisture control
Summit Treestands SU81119 Goliath SD Climbing Treestand, Mossy Oak
- Closed-front aluminum climbing stand with Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity camo finish
- Suspended foam-padded seat with backrest
- Weighs 25 lbs. and holds up to 350 lbs.
- 18” W x 12” D seat size, 21”W x 30.75” D platform size
- Includes Full Body Fall Arrest Harness System and all necessary hardware
Deer Hunting with the .300 Savage
The Savage Model 99 chambered for the .300 Savage may well have been the greatest deer hunting rifle of all time.
Though no longer manufactured there are numerous Savage Model 99's around chambered for the .300 Savage and finding one should not be too difficult. The .300 Savage was also a popular caliber in other rifles over the years and these can still be found as well. A quick internet search turned up a .300 Savage in a Remington Model 700 and a Model 760 pump which would be an interesting rifle as well. Ammunition for the .300 Savage is produced by a number of manufacturers including Remington, Federal, and Winchester. Reloading components are common as well and offered by all the big names including Lee Precision, RCBS, Hornady, Redding, etc. The .300 Savage uses a standard .308 bullet so a handloader has tons of bullets to work with when working up loads.
The .300 Savage in factory loaded ammunition is most commonly loaded in either 150 grain or 180 grain bullets. Remington loads both of these offerings, with the 150 grain bullet being ballistically superior and probably the better choice for most hunting purposes. Perhaps for larger game animals than deer at close range the 180 grain could be a better choice. Also, some rifles might shoot the 180 grain bullet more accurately than the 150 grain. Other than these two reasons, the 150 grain is the way to go. Remington loads their pointed Core-Lokt 150 grain in the .300 Savage and this produces just over 2600 feet per second and 2300 foot pounds of energy. The .300 Savage carries over 1000 foot pounds of energy well past 300 yards while showing a reasonable bullet drop.
Combining the ballistics able to effectively kill deer out past 300 yards with the handling of the Savage Model 99, the old cartridge in the great rifle might be the best deer hunting rifle ever made. If you have the chance to pick one up do so and you'll be glad that you did.