Best Boots For Archery Elk Hunting in 2023
Irish Setter Men's 860 Elk Tracker Waterproof 1000 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boot,Brown,11 D US
Danner Men's Mountain 600 4.5" Hiking Boot, Dark Brown/Green-Suede, 10.5 D US
- Danner Dry waterproof protection. Cushioning open-cell OrthoLite footbed.
- Vibram SPE midsole for maximum rebound, comfort and support. Nylon shank.
- TPU heel frame to enhance support and stability.
- Vibram Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on wet and dry surfaces
- Hazelwood/Yellow,Brown/Red,Dark Brown/Green,Carbon Black,Saddle Tan,Black,Rich Brown,Sand,Walnut/Green,Sandy Taupe,Java/Bossa Nova,Gray,Dark Brown
Vasque Breeze III GTX Boot - Men's Brown Olive/Bungee Cord 8.5
- 2.0mm waterproof nubuck leather and air mesh upper. Dual density EVA footbed. TPU Shank, All Terrain Compound Midsole with EVA cushioning pods.
- Vasque Exclusive Vibram® Contact Grip outsole with Megagrip Compound. Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz. (1198g).
WOOD N' STREAM Insulated Hunting Boots in Mossy Oak Camo | Waterproof, Breathable (12)
- 100% WATERPROOF: Dry happy feet
- BREATHABLE: Cancel the sweat and the freezing toes that follow
- 600 GRAMS THINSULATE INSULATION: Warm feet = warm everything else
- RUGGED NON-SLIP SOLE: Tackle the woods or the shop floor
- LIGHTWEIGHT: All-day comfort means you can stay out longer
Badlands Superday Camouflage Hunting Backpack - Rifle and Pistol Compatible, Approach FX
- THE ULTIMATE HUNTING DAYPACK - The Superday packs everything you need for a day hunt and then some; Convenient pocket placement so you can focus without distraction; Weight limit: you’ll max out before the pack does
- RIFLE & PISTOL COMPATIBLE - The Superday features a built-in rifle boot, two side pistol holders, and 5 compression straps that give you loads of options for gear attachment; Compatible with 2-liter hydration systems; Bow boot available for separate purchase
- COMFORTABLE CARRY - ThermoMold Suspension utilizes molded foam so ergonomically advanced that it virtually matches every contour of the human form; This daypack includes load lifter straps that transfer weight from your shoulders to your hips
- DISAPPEARING ACT - Approach FX uses the same groundbreaking concealment technology as its predecessor, but features a darker color palette; Designed for the Midwest or Eastern hunter, as well as late-season Western hunters, this dark woods camo adapts to your surroundings AND the current lighting
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Any damage, Badlands will replace it for free, forever; Weighs 3 lb 15 oz (1.8 kg) and measures 21 x 16 x 11 inches; Main compartment has a volume of 1440 cubic inches (23.6 L); Total volume is 1950 cubic inches (32 L); 7 pockets
Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack and Meat Hauler - Bow, Rifle, and Pistol Compatible, Approach FX, 2200 Cubic Inches
- Fully loaded - the 2200 covers all the bases with a built-in meat shelf, internal scope and tripod pockets, and a zippered rear entry panel for quick access to your gear; dwr-treated, waterproof fabric offers scent suppression and resists moisture, dirt, and blood
- Comfortable Carry - thermomold Suspension utilizes molded foam so ergonomically Advanced that it virtually matches every contour of the human form; t-6 aircraft aluminum internal frame and load lifter straps transfer weight to your hips to reduce fatigue
- Approach fox Camo - groundbreaking concealment technology meets a darker color palette to render hunters virtually invisible; designed for the midwest or eastern hunter, as well as late-season western hunters, this dark woods Camo adapts to your surroundings and the current lighting
- Rifle & pistol compatible - 2200 features an integrated rifle boot and built-in hipbelt pistol holders; compression straps give you loads of options for gear attachment; compatible with 2-liter hydration systems and the Badlands bow boot (sold separately) to attach in place of rifle boot
- Unconditional lifetime - our packs are built to withstand the toughest conditions hunters might endure; if your pack ever gets damaged, Badlands will fix it for free, forever, no matter who’s at fault; contact Badlands for more details; weight: 5 lb 15 oz; Dimensions: 19 x 17 x 9 inches; main compartment volume: 1980 ci (32. 4 L); total volume: 2250 ci (36. 9 L); 8 pockets
Kenetrek Men's Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hunting Boot,Brown,13 M US
- TOP GRAIN LEATHER - One piece vamp of 2.8 mm top grain leather with no seams down the tongue for better abrasion resistance and waterproofing.
- EXTRA SUPPORT - 7mm nylon midsoles provide extra support in rugged terrain with heavy loads.
- INSULATED - Wind-tex waterproof breathable flexible membrane and 400 grams of Thinsulate insulation.
- TRACTION - Lightweight K-talon outsoles provide excellent traction, no matter the conditions.
- COMFORTABLE - Reinforced rubber sole guard for extra abrasion resistance. Lightweight and comfortable.
Sneek Boot Pro 2 X-Large (fits Menâ€™s Size 10.5-12)
- Thick Berber Fleece for optimal sound elimination and durability.
- Non-slip bottom ensures safer, more secure ground connection.
- 1" Industrial grade open cell foam with additional 1/4" closed cell foam in heel area.
- Anti-bacterial treated fabrics eliminate scent created by ground bacteria or foot sweat.
- Weighs 0.6 lbs!
Danner Men's Vital Insulated 400G Hunting Shoes, Brown, 10.5 D US
- Danner Dry waterproof protection
- Lock and load lacing system for a secure fit
- Multi-density foam patterning eliminates hotspots and pinch points
- Molded, open-cell polyurethane footbed
- 400G of Thinsulate Ultra Insulation
Compound Bow Hunting, Carrying, Sling, Realtree AP
- Fully adjustable to fit any bow up to 35" in length
- Padded ends to protect cams
- Removable padded shoulder stap and fixed handle to carry however you're comfortable
- D-ring to quickly connect to treestand
- Waterproof Realtree AP camo fabric
Archery Ideas for the Fall Season
This article provides some ideas for teaching archery in your Physical Education classroom.
What is Clout Shooting?
Clout shooting is a form of long distance shooting. My students called it cloud shooting, because they could aim at the clouds. Actually, you place a flag at a distance and the students shoot at the flag. You can substitute other items like balloons or rubber cones, for the flag.
You determine the distance by three factors. Those three factors are your equipment, space and the strength of your students. I usually set my target at about 100 yards. After the first round, I could always shorten or lengthen the distance.
This is a great activity for the Fall season. If you live in the country, it is close to the hunting season. It is usually more cloudy and cooler. It is also something different to do. Students love challenges and this is perfect for those seeking something new.
Students will pair off at the shooting line. The student not shooting will help follow the arrow to its intended target. Each student will shoot a round of five to six arrows. After everyone has shot, all students then walk to the target. Using a tape measure, the arrows are measured to see who got the closest to the target. Scores are recorded and arrows are gathered. We return to the shooting line and the partner now shoots.
To help motivate the students, I would place a five dollar bill in a balloon or place a two liter bottle of Coke as the target. You don't need to worry about those being hit. They will only be hit once in a lifetime.
I also established a bulls-eye club. Those top students that got within the required distance made the club. I would then have them published in both the town and school newspaper. I always made a big issue out of making the bulls-eye club.
These challenges would motivate the students to work seriously.
Anytime you do archery, you must also focus on safety. Be sure students stay behind the firing line. Make sure that there are no obstacles of living things down range. No students retrieve arrows until the last arrow is shot.
Archery is an excellent Fall season activity for Physical Education classes.